“Nice Property”

Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lavasa
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Have to say its perhaps the best accommodation facility available in Lavasa. Being close to the promenade, it keeps you within the thick of action. The rooms are nicely appointed and the staff is extremely warm. The buffet spread is limited but its very delicious. Also, the staff at Zodiac restaurant is very warm and helpful. The rooms are stocked with good toiletries & the usual business hotel stuff. One strong suggestion would be to opt for a lake facing room or else one would see only construction going on. Its all in all a very good hotel with decent amenities, but have to add that it has started ageing. One can feel there is tiredness in the room decor and interiors. Also the souvenir shop has shut down. The bar shuts down at around 10-30 which seems so odd. The room service is a tad slow. Considering the options available in Lavasa, its a the place to stay although a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Go for Lake facing rooms only, though there is a bit of premium for that over normal rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ankurrm
GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Greetings from Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, Pune !

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Lavasa.

At Fortune Select Dasve,Lavasa, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valueable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Select Dasve and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have stayed in Lavasa before and last time it was the Water Front Shaw. Not a fancy hotel compared to this Fortune but by far a much better experience any day than this hotel.

Rarely do i put poor stay ratings for hotels and only put my good experience as i empathize with their problems and understand some situations better than most. This said i felt this constant Nag to write this review.

I understand that considering i checked in at 1130 AM. There was one guy at the reception and he was busy. What ticked me off was his poor attitude and rude behavior. An example amongst many such is this. Since my room key was taken by my friend the receptionist had the odasicity to say ," get the other key as he has taken it. no my friend was at Mercure and so it was not possible to get the key. when i told him this he replies that he's giving me this key only on the condition that i will return the key 'Or Else'. i had no patience to pick a fight so i didn't ask ' Or Else What'

I was hungry so i asked for room service . Terrible Food, Worst Biryani and basically the only thing i really enjoyed was the cut fruit which i asked to send as i could eat the food prepared.

Rooms good. AC is excellent so good sleep was definite a savior. Breakfast was terrible by way both of menu planning and preparation. More upset with preparation. Staff was not bad and quite helpful. Not upto the mark as per hotel but then its tough to get all upto the mark servers these days especially for resorts. The buffet was a shoddy mess with everything spilled around of empty and there was no manager or senior looking person to ensure the buffet is clean and stuff hot in the serving pans. i checked out at 1030 and left onwards for work.

My Serious suggestion is if you want to enjoy Lavasa please stay at Water Front Shaw. Enjoyed the River touch view from my room. Food was better and service when i stayed was very comforting.

Room Tip: rooms are nice in general. since on work didn't have a lake facing one.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Vishal_Kamat
GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Fortune Select Dasve,Lavasa.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

At Fortune Select Dasve,Lavasa., it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

What was just a stay for a couple of days casually...ended up being a very peaceful and scintillating mini holiday. The room I booked was a lake view room, which directly gives you the view of the River that passes from right below the hotel. From the window we could get a magnificent view of the mountains above n around and river passing below. Very aptly located near the riverside estate (town hall); The evening would light up the walkway by the river where all kinds of eateries are available...perfect place to spend time and feel like you are in Venice like atmosphere. The Lake view would even give a clear view of the Dancing fountains in the evening. Thus making it an amazing stay. On the culinary side...Food is quite decent!! The Complimentary breakfast is quite well spread while the lunch and dinner preps are quite nice. So even if one doesn't wish to stay but be around Lavasa for a day or even an evening....they can definitely have their meals in Fortune. All in all a very pleasant stay with good food and relaxation.

Room Tip: Get the Lake view room...its a great view!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nitin S
GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Greetings from Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, Pune !

At Fortune Select Dasve,Lavasa, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had been to lawasa for my honeymoon last year.. V clean and maintained place. Staff was v co-operative.. Its expensive but yess I liked it..
We didnt get room with tub..
Swimming pool is on 1st floor and has a great valley। View

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank mau11111

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Lavasa is small town so don't expect much anyways. otherwise, the hotel is well located but the room size is average. Restaurant is good with great choice in the breakfast menu. Compared to other properties in lavasa, this appeared reasonably good. the price doesn't justify the hotel but you will generally find lavasa a bit expensive so live with it.

Room Tip: ask for valley facing rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank arora77

Greetings from Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, Pune !

I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our Foods, services and facilities.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Nice place to stay.
Good Hotel with v good rooms.
Kids loved Suite portion with 2 tvs.
Kids use to play and watch TV in bedroom and me and wife use to relax in other room.
Spacious and well designed toilet

Room Tip: Select the room facing pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank makisur

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel is located at one end of the lake. Few rooms with nice lake and valley view. Standard room was very comfy for us. Though expensive, we had fun in this hotel. We took all meal inclusive plan. Although food was good, the more or less menu and setup for lunch and dinner was same. One major plus -- We are sweet lovers and they offered us with very good choices of sweets and desserts. Swimming pool on second floor was very fun activity to do especially in this hot summer day. Very cooperative and cordial staff. Overall good vacation thanks to Fortune Select.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Chetan Bhatnagar

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lavasa
The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa
#1 of 1 in Aamby Valley City
Ekaant the retreat
Ekaant the retreat
#1 of 10 in Lavasa

Been to Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa? Share your experiences!