“Nice food, cosy place!”
Review of Hobbits Restaurant - CLOSED

Hobbits Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$38
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Hobbits Restaurant. Hobbits Restaurant has been privately operated for over 33 years. We strive to ensure that you enjoy your visit with us. We specialise in a perfectly cooked steaks and use locally sourced ingredients. We have a varied menu to cater for everybody and strive to provide menu items for those of you with dietary requirements. We also offer a daily specials board providing a variety of choices that showcase our chef's creative dishes.
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We popped into the Hobbit for a beer and some food, and found that it is a nice place. Food was good, beer as well, and there was live music, which we like very much.
When there´s live music on, it is recommended to book a table, as the place gets very crowdy at times.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I can't believe the reviews this place has had - all I can say is we must have visited on a very, very off day. The exterior is a bit dingy with people standing at the door smoking which is a bit off-putting, but really it was the food that was the serious low point. The lunch menu is kind of pub food style which is fine in itself but the quality of what arrived was truly awful. I ordered an omelette, which, when it came, was almost unrecognisable and my husband had to ask me what it was. It looked like it had been deep fried and tasted of old oil. The edges were completely inedible, sort of solid and crispy. I've never seen anything like it. It came with some very dead salad (the cucumber slices were dry to the touch, so clearly had been cut some time ago) and some chips which I can only guess were re-fried from the previous day, they were so completely dry, overcooked and tasteless. My husband had some lumps of cheese on a plate with the same dead salad, coleslaw and thin cut French bread (a Ploughman's, according to the menu).
It was just awful. The dinner menu sounded delicious, but if this is what they can do with some eggs, cheese and potatoes, I dread to think what they might create with more adventurous ingredients.
As a plus, the staff were friendly, but didn't ask if we'd enjoyed our meal. Which is possibly just as well, I just wanted to leave as soon as possible anyway.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Invited six friends for Sunday Lunch at this venue. All our friends thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food, service, and staff were very good.

My wife and I have eaten here on many occasions and have always enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Hobbits is walking distance from our home - which makes it really quite difficult to go anywhere else as it's always welcoming and friendly. The staff are great and the menu is reliable. There's a specials board - usually with some interesting fish or game - and the regular menu is already extensive. The wines are good value and one thing we really like is that the vegetables are included in the main course price and are always fresh and varied. It's nothing to look at but it's completely unpretentious and just concentrates on good food, wine and service. Why go further?!

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Make sure you book at the weekends as it gets very busy - really friendly staff and great atmoshphere - will definately return