“Great food”
Review of Hobbits Restaurant

Hobbits Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Hythe
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Hobbits Restaurant. Hobbits Restaurant has been privately operated for over 33 years. We strive to ensure that you enjoy your visit with us. We specialise in a perfectly cooked steaks and use locally sourced ingredients. We have a varied menu to cater for everybody and strive to provide menu items for those of you with dietary requirements. We also offer a daily specials board providing a variety of choices that showcase our chef's creative dishes.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Went back this weekend and had a starter of deep fried Brie. One of the best ever and a decent portion with just the right salad and red current sauce to go with it. This was followed by Pork Wellington with roast potatoes and veg. Without doubt this was one of the best meals ever. Very reasonably priced, can't say more than go and try them out.

• Visited December 2013

Oxford, UK
“No pies. No jackets. ”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

A friend and I came here deliberately, having read the reviews online. We got there a bit after 12, for lunch. Their online menu had jackets with creative fillings and two lunches for a tenner. Not in the cafe. He said, when I asked, 'Obviously the online menu hasn't been updated.' Obviously.

No jackets, no beef burgers (but a boars burger if that suits you). We decided on two steak and ale pies. When I went to the bar to order, chap said he didn't think they were ready yet and went to check. Nope. Not ready for another hour.

We left and went to The Lord Nelson across the way and had a fine lunch. I have to wonder if this is the same restaurant others reviewed.

2 Thank Debs42
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Great venue”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I found this restaurant through Google and a little help from Trip Advisor. I emailed the restaurant to see if they could fit us in at short notice a table of 8 for the next day and was happy to receive an email back almost straight away. The venue was perfect not overcrowded and the staff were very attentive. The food was delicious and very good value I recommend this to anyone visiting Hythe. I will defo be back

“Excellent service superb food”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Definately worth a visit. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. The staff were really friendly and helpful. I will definately return.

• Visited November 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“great food”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

went to the hobbits on Saturday 12october it was fantastic food I had scallops cooked to perfection followed by duck again cooked just how I like it .And to finish a great meal banana soufflé and homemade banana ice-cream. we will definitely be going back again. there was 6 of us in our party and we all enjoyed meal. summer our waitress was fantastic.........

• Visited October 2013