“Now that was a nice supprise !”
Review of Hobbits Restaurant - CLOSED

Hobbits Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$38
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Hobbits Restaurant. Hobbits Restaurant has been privately operated for over 33 years. We strive to ensure that you enjoy your visit with us. We specialise in a perfectly cooked steaks and use locally sourced ingredients. We have a varied menu to cater for everybody and strive to provide menu items for those of you with dietary requirements. We also offer a daily specials board providing a variety of choices that showcase our chef's creative dishes.
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Decor had put me off eating at the Hobbit but when looking for somewhere to have Sunday Lunch close to home decided to give it a go and was pleasantly supprized. The roast pork dinner was lovely with lots of fresh veg and homemade Yorkshire puds and apple sauce (homemade would have been the icing on the cake ) . I was pleased to see that all desserts were homemade and I had the popcorn cheese cake and can't tell you how nice it was yum yum. I finished of with a brandy coffee made with real floating cream perfect !! Will be back again .

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Went back this weekend and had a starter of deep fried Brie. One of the best ever and a decent portion with just the right salad and red current sauce to go with it. This was followed by Pork Wellington with roast potatoes and veg. Without doubt this was one of the best meals ever. Very reasonably priced, can't say more than go and try them out.

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

A friend and I came here deliberately, having read the reviews online. We got there a bit after 12, for lunch. Their online menu had jackets with creative fillings and two lunches for a tenner. Not in the cafe. He said, when I asked, 'Obviously the online menu hasn't been updated.' Obviously.

No jackets, no beef burgers (but a boars burger if that suits you). We decided on two steak and ale pies. When I went to the bar to order, chap said he didn't think they were ready yet and went to check. Nope. Not ready for another hour.

We left and went to The Lord Nelson across the way and had a fine lunch. I have to wonder if this is the same restaurant others reviewed.

2  Thank Debs42
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I found this restaurant through Google and a little help from Trip Advisor. I emailed the restaurant to see if they could fit us in at short notice a table of 8 for the next day and was happy to receive an email back almost straight away. The venue was perfect not overcrowded and the staff were very attentive. The food was delicious and very good value I recommend this to anyone visiting Hythe. I will defo be back

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Definately worth a visit. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. The staff were really friendly and helpful. I will definately return.