“Definitely will be back”
Review of Boathouse Hotel

Boathouse Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hythe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the boathouse for our wedding night, the room was amazing! Rose petals on the bed :-) the room was clean to a high standard all the amenities we needed. The view from our room was beautiful we stayed in room 4. The breakfast we had included in the price was great as we as a couple enjoy a continental breakfast? Everything was fresh and the waitress was very polite and always topping up our coffee. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be back for our one year anniversary next week, maybe sooner. Happy customer

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Boathouse Hotel

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked The Boathouse as a venue to cater for over 60 people following my father's funeral. The staff were fabulous and so helpful. The food was superb and the buffet was continually 'topped up'. It was a beautiful setting and created a really lovely atmosphere. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Glenda H
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We spent two nights here. It was wonderful. The family room was huge with fabulous views. Sitting on the deck overlooking the marina is a little bit of heaven on earth. The staff are so helpful. The only improvements I would suggest are hair driers attached to the wall or without the wall attachment because they were awkward to use and a couple of softer pillows. But apart from those two things, it was just what we needed and I would definitely go back again. In fact I am!

2  Thank Kimberley C
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed Saturday 26th July for one night just for a weekend away. In the most perfect setting!! We had one of the smaller rooms which was big enough for us overlooking the square & fountain. Staff really helpful. The only negative was our room was so hot & there were no fans. Apart from that we had a wonderful stay & can't wait to go back again!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here as part of a sailing weekend and were very well cared for. Met at the door by one of the team who knew exactly who we were, and straight up to our room.

Our room was lovely, with a very nice little balcony and views over the Solent and the Marina. Perfect size for two, nice and comfortable bed. Nice sized bathroom with a very good shower - quite unusual in the UK!. Everything was clean, nicely set out and in order.

We had dinner in the Restaurant on the first night, which served one of the best meals I've ever had in a Restaurant, and we've been to some of the most exclusive and named places in London. Reasonably priced for 2, 2 courses with wine for £75.00.

The staff, in particular the Manager, was wonderful. Keen to ensure that our stay was as we wanted, engaging and pleasant. The only downfall - and little that could be done - was during a particularly warm and muggy period, a southerly facing room could probably use a fan.

We will certainly come back, as a preferred place to stay and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Let them look after you, they'll do good job.
1  Thank Altoonian
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I arrived tired, fed up and frustrated from a hard days work and a long drive, within minutes of entering my beautifully furnished room I was relaxing, by the time I was sat by the Marina with a cold beer I was very relaxed. The views were also a nice additional feature.
Anyway back to the hotel, a very clean room, bath towels you could wrap an army in, a comfy bed, everything was superb. I am not often in that area but if I am anywhere near Southampton again I will be looking to stay here.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank mseefc
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We wanted a nice getaway with friends that we see only a few times a year. On paper the hotel seemed very nice - but in reality it is VERY nice.
Being disabled I needed room 2, and so as we could be close they went for room 1. Both rooms were absolutely superb. Yes our room was suitable for the disabled, but it was very discreetly done. The balcony was enormous and we could join up with our friends as there was a gate between the two. So the evenings were spent sitting out there with a glass of wine and watch the boating world go by. These two rooms are more expensive than the others but for the veranda alone I would say - if you are here for more than just one night - go for one of those. You will not regret it! After all this is not a "backpackers" hotel but instead somewhere you stay when you want something really special.
The actual rooms were very large and airy too which was welcome as the weekend we were there was quite hot and sticky.
Also something that is important to me - the towels are huge and soft!
The basic breakfast is quite sufficient, cereals, yoghurt, toast, jam, fruit, juice, tea and coffee. But there are several cooked options - however these are charged accordingly. WE saw other guests having these and they looked scrummy - however we found that we struggled to eat too much in the morning as meals in the hotel and in other restaurants in the area were very generous.
We ate in the hotel one evening and the food was superb. Everything was freshly cooked and really special. Different to a run of the mill restaurant in every way. You could quite easily just eat at the hotel each night, but Hythe has some wonderful places to try so it is worth venturing into the village too.
If you are lucky you will see the big ocean going liners leaving Southampton. You get a great view from the balcony, but a short walk down to the water front will give you a chance to wave to the lucky people making their way to some exotic places around the world.
But just the relaxing view of normal marina life is enough to make you feel this is the way to live.
I also want to mention the staff, always there and ready to help - but not "in your face".
The reason I have given only a 4 rating is the fact that the lift was out of order on 2 occasions which left me a bit stranded. There are quite a few stairs so the lift needs to be reliable. However I am sure this will be looked into and hopefully next time we come here all will work correctly.
I would not recommend the hotel for families with young children as there is very little to keep them occupied.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 are the best - but also most expensive.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BonnieSwede
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hythe
Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel
#10 of 25 in Southampton
Ibis Southampton Centre
Ibis Southampton Centre
#13 of 25 in Southampton

Been to Boathouse Hotel? Share your experiences!