“4 out of 5! Very Happy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glen of Aherlow
Glen of Aherlow Caravan & Camping Park
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We booked on the phone about 3 days beforehand and spoke to one of the lovely owners Rosaline who could not of been any nicer and more helpful

On Arrival we recieve a very warm welcome from the owner George who told us where to go etc and was very nice and helpful!

The campsite is absolutely spotless and the facilities are top class

Location and views are amazing! Only thing is that it is situated a little bit far from a restaurant or shop!

Free showers with piping hot water are spotless and top class also

There is a lovely peaceful relaxing vibe around the campsite wich benefits everyone

There isn't one unsightly view in the campsite at all

On the downside: Wi-fi didnt work at all and on one night there was a rather loud band playing in the nearby hotel which led into a rather loud disco and therefore leading to roaring and shouting and fighting afterwards but this certainly isn't a regular occurence and I wouldn't let it put you off your stay!

Good Value Also

Definitely a well deserved 4 out of 5 stars

Good Job!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Ck234

Reviewed 30 July 2014

What an amazingly beautiful campsite to stay on. We come to the glen every year as it has breath - taking views of the Galtee mountains and it's forestry. The owner keeps the site meticulously clean and very spacious. The facilities on site include a play room for children, tv room, campers kitchen area etc, the free showers have hot water 24/7
Both my husband and I recommend the Glen of Aherlow caravan and camping park for a visit and tranquil experience!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Josbyrnes
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have been returning to this site for over 7 years now and it is most definitely one of the most beautiful locations in Ireland.

The facilities on site are the best facilities on any site we have visited over the last number of years. Extra wide pitches, water and electricity points on every pitch. Shower/toilet facilities are definitely top class - and deserving a five star themselves!! There is also a very well equipped campers kitchen, laundry, a TV Room and Games Room.

The owners George and Rosaline Drew are incredibly friendly, very welcoming, and are always on hand for any help or advice either with regard to the site itself or the surrounding location.

We would highly recommend this site to any caravanner/camper - and it is most definitely our "little piece of Heaven!"

2  Thank jackieh47
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This camping site is a real gem in the fab glen of Aherlow. We gave stayed twice with George and Rosaline, once in self catering accommodation which is down the road from camping venue and the other was on site in our tent. On both occasions we were welcomed and looked after from start to finish.
The site is large and has lots of space for both caravan and tents.
George has a little shop selling basic essentials and very welcome ice - cream on a hot day.
The middle section of the site has a games room, TV room, kitchen, and bathroom with a few toilets and 2 showers. All are immaculate. Bathrooms are cleaned regularly and lots of toilet rolls provided.
Hairdryer, kettle and power points all available at a cost.
site is well lit at night making it easier walking to bathrooms etc.
Lovely friendly atmosphere on site also and quiet at night.
There are lots to do in area near by. Walks in forest, take the ring road up by Christ the king statue which has fab view of the mountains and area underneath. Walking the Galtee mountains, Lake Muscree etc. Also near by towns, Cahir, Cashel, Tipperary.
The site has a barrier at
entrance ensuring that only guests can enter the site hence feeling happy leaving things on site.
Really recommend this site.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank TipperaryGirl82
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed for 2-nights at this site last week-end, July 18-19, 2014. Seven tents, 7 families, 13 adults and 14 children (4yo-11yo) - really a big crowd. Although we're told on 1st day to observe silence at 10:00 pm, most of our kids stayed up until 11:00 pm and adults up until 12:00 MN on our 1st night. By that, i can say the site is quiet and calm - for 2-nights of stay, it was.

Superb amenities: free hot shower and internet; camper's kitchen with tables and chairs; toilet and shower - very clean; washing machine and clothes dryer, hair dryer, fridge and microwave available for use; TV room with chairs; and a play room with pool table and table tennis.

On our 2nd day, we all went for a walk at nearby nature park just 2-3mins drive from the site. Trekking sign-posted yet we did not complete the walk due to kiddos with us however we all have fun, kids love it.

The owner, George and Rosaline, just on-site and ready to lend a hand if needed. They're friendly with our kids on to everyone on site. The camp site is well-maintained to highest standard...worth a comeback.

1  Thank Carltio
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It was with great disappointment that I read the review of Aherlow Caravan and Camping Park by Avondale. I feel I must respond to the totally unfair and unwarranted criticism levelled at George and Rosaline. In fact both my husband and I were staying on the site on the weekend referred to in the review. What I fail to understand is why these parents are so critical and aggressive towards George while they hide behind the bad behaviour of their children. These children ran riot throughout the campsite and indeed through the private property of Georges' gardens. I feel George was well within his rights to bring the behaviour of the children to the parents attention, especially when the safety and wellbeing of other guests on the site was threatened. One lady had pebbles kicked up into her face and when she asked the child why this happened the response she got was a two fingered gesture. These parents need to stop hiding behind their children and face the real truth about what is going on. My husband and I have now been staying in this wonderful site now for seven years. We return every year for several trips because the site is excellent. It is very well run by George and Rosaline. The facilities can only be described as pristine. It is very peaceful both day and night. The most important thing I feel that must be said is we have always found both George and Rosaline to be the epitome of graciousness and friendliness and NEVER rude or aggressive. I would ask anyone reading the review from Avondale not to be put off by it because it is a load of rubbish and I know that any of the people I have met there who return time and time again will agree with me. Signed: Hermitage

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TeresaK627
ngedrew, Guest Relations Manager at Glen of Aherlow Caravan & Camping Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear "TeresaK627" / Hermitage,

Thank you most sincerely for your feedback and for staying here in Glen of Aherlow Caravan & Camping Park. Firstly, I would like to offer my deepest apologies for any inconvenience or disturbance caused to you on the weekend you specifically mentioned in your review.

It is wonderful to hear that you find the Park is a nice peaceful location to take a break away. This is something guests tell us on a regular basis. I am delighted to learn that you find the facilities "pristine" and George and Rosaline to be friendly and welcoming.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Nigel Drew.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have been meaning to write this review for a long time but after reading the comments by avondale1 I felt the time was right to do it sooner rather than later. I am just back in Dublin, after spending 5 nights in this lovely location and as per my previous 10-12 visits, I had a great time. I have two young sons, 4 and 6 so was shocked at the review I saw posted. My Wife has joined us a couple of times but it is usually just me and my boys visiting, so my hands are full.
I have visited campsites all over Ireland and this is by far the most scenic place I have ever visited. It took us a few trips to get our bearings, but we are now familiar with many things to do within 20 miles of this location.
Regarding the campsite itself and our experiences, we have always been treated very well and George kindly keeps us the same pitching site, every time we book a trip down, which is very helpful to us. We only have a small tent but my boys and I, like the location under the trees, which keeps some of the rain off. We have always been welcomed by George, so much so, that my two sons now call him George of the Jungle every time they see him. The first time we visited this site, two years ago, my eldest son decided to use the pool cue as a sword and snapped it in half against the bin, I was mortified and let George know later that day, as I didn't get the information out of my son until I was back in Dublin. We informed George by email about the incident and told him we would replace it on our next visit, which we did. He replied thanking us for our honesty and saying it was not necessary to replace the cue, but we did anyway.
The site itself has everything we could want and more, I wasn't aware of the TV room until our second or third trip but we now use it on most visits. This place is always spotlessly clean and covers all the bases for us.
This campsite is always a hive of activity during the day but lovely and peaceful at night, which is ideal for me, as I have visited campsites where sleep is a luxury. George is always on the prowl at night, checking everything is in order, which I greatly appreciate. Every time we have visited, there are plenty of children happily playing around so the previous comments are a little odd to me.
Since we have found this site, we don't go anywhere else and we don't see that changing any day soon.

Regards
Aidan, Jack and Alex

2  Thank Only1Victor

Dear Aidan,

Thank you for choosing to stay here at Glen of Aherlow Caravan & Camping Park and thank you also for your very positive feedback. I am most pleased to see that you and your family enjoy staying with us time and time again.

I am delighted to hear you find the facilities are kept clean and hygienic. Your feedback is most encouraging. We receive a vast amount of guest feedback averaging 150 individual comments per month. It is through these comments that we constantly find ways to improve the service we offer.

George is "chuffed" to see he is a hit with your sons and has even been given a nickname, this is a very fitting name as he spends a lot of time maintaining the grounds!

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoy both the buzz of the campers around the Park during the day and the peace and tranquility at night.

Warm regards,

#1 of 12 in Limerick
No photo provided
Homeleigh Farm House
#2 of 2 in Glen of Aherlow

Been to Glen of Aherlow Caravan & Camping Park? Share your experiences!