we held a family reunion there on christmas day, two of our family stayed overnight, we had a dinner booked, we were told a sitting at 2.30 pm was advailable, with a mulled wine reception @2.00pm, as we entered the reception area @ 1.50pm we were asked to pay up front, we were called to dinner downstairs at 2.40pm, no mulled wine reception, and no complaint from us, we were lead downstairs to the banqueting hall, where we were seated the windows were wet and dirty, with the carpet making a squishey sound when it was walked upon, which was rather full, the majority of the acents were either english or dublin, @ 4.00pm we asked could the six kids have some rools as they were hungery, also they were getting uneasy, at 4.00 our starter arrived, some had voul a vons, the pastry held some sauce with a poached egg on top, all the starters were cold, when the main course arrived it was also cold and not appitising, for tea there was no spoons on our table or the nearby ones, no table had salt or pepper, it was 5.40pm when we left the hall this will tell of how long it took for us to be served, i ordered a drink, the waiter returned and told me that i would have to pay then i would get served, the room aw very cold, the service was so slow, the food was cold and unappatising, ther was no wine on the table let alone a jug of juice, no christmas decorations to be seen only a solatiry tree on the bandstand, ocasionaly a transistor would blare out a christmas tune the cold was well cold, i had to wear a heavy cardigan to stay warm, a family friend was married there yesterday, everything was thankfully perfect, as members of the brides family presented themselves at the hotel a few days prior to the wedding to speak with management. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Heart of what can only be described as the "Alps of Ireland", the Glen of Aherlow you can relax and unwind from the fast paced and enjoy the unspoilt beauty of the Galtee Mountain Range.Aherlow House Hotel and Lodges comprises of 29 well appointed Guest Bedrooms and 15 Three Bedroom Self Catering Alpine style lodges.Experience the tranquillity in its glory on one of the well appointed walking trails that border the hotel or relaxing in the Hunting lodge bar beside an Open log fire and sample the finest of local cusine from our bar food menu. For the more food enthusiatic side of you, choose from our Head Chefs extensive Restaurant menu which you can enjoy in the comfort of our Tree Top Restaurant.Located within a short distance of the Hotel you can enjoy the Historic with a Visit to The Rock of Cashel, Cahir Castle,The Swiss Cottage or the wonder of the Michelstown caves. Also clsoe by you can partake in Horseriding, Childrens activities and many more wonders that Tipperary and Aherlow have for you to discover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aherlow House Hotel And Lodges
- Aherlow House Hotel Glen Of Aherlow