I stayed 2 nights with my girlfriend over the Easter break and had a really nice time.
I wanted to leave a review for anybody who might think of coming and reads here first.
There are some ridiculous older bad reviews and I wanted to counteract them, especially the one idiot moaning that they only heard English and Dublin accents from other hotel guests when they came to stay. I am from Dublin and my girlfriend is English so I find reading complaints like that to be ridiculous .But it shows you the type of mentality of the people who post petty small minded inane commentary.
The room we were staying in was very clean, with a nice bath and powerfull shower.The room cleaners are most definitely on the ball, I stayed in some 5 star hotels recently where you wont get a room cleaning service unless you specifically put the request notice on your door. So to get it without requesting is good.
One small thing that I feel could be corrected would , not to have only one staff member waiting tables in the restaurant , come half 8 of so when 2 large parties came at once ,the waitress got quite swamped. But I work in retail management and understand peak times, staffing levels and budgets. We are still in the recession so I dont blame them and as others have said this was bad service I want to give a different view because it wasnt bad service at all.
The girl was very composed and very professional and she definitely deserves credit.
The morning breakfast was lovely, and the morning staff very friendly. There were also two nice and polite young barmen. And thats another thing, the bar food was really really good, even if you choose not to use the restaurant, you cant go wrong with the bar food as it was superb.
Also there is a really nice friendly local cat that likes to visit. I do hope if the manager reads this, she might give the cat a slice of salmon, as the cat deserves it, it is a great mascot for the hotel.
If you are looking for a nice time away in lovely surroundings I would wholeheartedly and sincerely recommend the Aherlow House Hotel.
I look forward to coming back again for another stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Heart of what can only be described as the "Alps of Ireland", the Glen of Aherlow you can relax and unwind from the fast paced and enjoy the unspoilt beauty of the Galtee Mountain Range.Aherlow House Hotel and Lodges comprises of 29 well appointed Guest Bedrooms and 15 Three Bedroom Self Catering Alpine style lodges.Experience the tranquillity in its glory on one of the well appointed walking trails that border the hotel or relaxing in the Hunting lodge bar beside an Open log fire and sample the finest of local cusine from our bar food menu. For the more food enthusiatic side of you, choose from our Head Chefs extensive Restaurant menu which you can enjoy in the comfort of our Tree Top Restaurant.Located within a short distance of the Hotel you can enjoy the Historic with a Visit to The Rock of Cashel, Cahir Castle,The Swiss Cottage or the wonder of the Michelstown caves. Also clsoe by you can partake in Horseriding, Childrens activities and many more wonders that Tipperary and Aherlow have for you to discover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HostelWorld so you can book your Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aherlow House Hotel Glen Of Aherlow
- Aherlow House Hotel And Lodges