We were married in Aherlow House 5th July, and the wedding experience was great. Caroline and her staff really helped us relax, said yes to nearly everything and the day was great. Lovely food, fabulous location, no problems, thank you all! We had use of the bridal suite for the Saturday night and its lovely. Can't comment on the hotel rooms as for the week leading upto the wedding we and 30 guests people were staying in the lodges. The lodges are fine, comfy beds, washing machines, dryers, cookers, some have better views than others. Showers are a little hit and miss with the hotwater, the lodges are a little bit frayed at the edges but that is to be expected with kids and prams and luggage being banged about. The hotel itself does good bar food and some decent evening meals, they can cater for a pre wedding big group. The bar is great, old school, fills up with Cream Tea seniors on Sunday afternoon, they have a sort of local party on Suday night with music and teenagers. There is lots of walking trails around if you are feeling energetic. Tipperary town is 10 min away and has pubs, restuarants and shops, including an Aldi if you are selfcatering. The only major issue, and it is an issue if you are trying to coordinate people for a wedding is the mobile phone coverage it patchy at best and the internet is only available in the hotel itself, and was a bit intermitent during our stay. So you are thrown into a bit of a spin if you are expecting phone calls/ needing to email people. But overall we had a lovely week and everyone loved the hotel and had a thoroughly good time- thank you Aherlow House you will always be close to our hearts...see you for an anniversary soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Heart of what can only be described as the "Alps of Ireland", the Glen of Aherlow you can relax and unwind from the fast paced and enjoy the unspoilt beauty of the Galtee Mountain Range.Aherlow House Hotel and Lodges comprises of 29 well appointed Guest Bedrooms and 15 Three Bedroom Self Catering Alpine style lodges.Experience the tranquillity in its glory on one of the well appointed walking trails that border the hotel or relaxing in the Hunting lodge bar beside an Open log fire and sample the finest of local cusine from our bar food menu. For the more food enthusiatic side of you, choose from our Head Chefs extensive Restaurant menu which you can enjoy in the comfort of our Tree Top Restaurant.Located within a short distance of the Hotel you can enjoy the Historic with a Visit to The Rock of Cashel, Cahir Castle,The Swiss Cottage or the wonder of the Michelstown caves. Also clsoe by you can partake in Horseriding, Childrens activities and many more wonders that Tipperary and Aherlow have for you to discover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and HostelWorld so you can book your Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aherlow House Hotel Glen Of Aherlow
- Aherlow House Hotel And Lodges