“awesome staff!”

Bayhouse Hostel Penghu
Hamburg, Germany
“awesome staff!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

okay, why the staff was awesome:
1. usually you have to book via internet. i didnt have internet but damian was super understanding he still kept the room for me. looked forward to my trip to penghu.
2. picked me up from the harbour, he and his adorable korean wife are super nice, caring and funny too.
3. the staff actually taught me how to ride a motorcycle.
4. they hooked me up with other guest and we roadtripped the whole island.
5. you could tell that all of them are not just talking to you because thats what you SHOULD do as a staff person, but that they are really interested in you as a person and honestly want your stay in penghu to be as memorable as possible. and it was.

+ very clean
+ great rooms, every guest has their own locker
+ kitchen, fridge, computer, wifi, big living room
+ food and beach round the corner. (great beach to swim btw)
+ lots of trips organized by the hostel
+ student discount
- the city center is indeed very far away, but you need a vehicle anyway in penghu. or just wait for the staff to hook you up with other guest. haha.

thank you thank you thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The staff is very nice and helpful! The hostel is clean and everything is pretty new. Also, it is situated a few minutes walk from the beach :) They can book boat rides to the surrounding islands or water sports activities for you. They can also help you to rent ebikes/motorbikes. I booked a package including boat ride to Jibei/ebike rental/snorkeling and I was very satisfied with the service. In addtion: free shuttle bus service from/to the airport!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Shu-An L
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Beds and living area are well organized. Their staff members are wiiling to help you. You can meet young Taiwanese travellers in this hostel. It's fun bcoz usually we meet international travllers except local travellers in hostels. I could enjoy the Penghu island FULLY with staying here.
But if you don't take a motorcycle, you couldn't go around the island.But the staff will find a solution for you. and then you can't cook in the kitchen. it's the same as other hostels in Taiwan but I wish it would be possible. bcoz supermarkets and restaurants are far from the hostel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 726Sue726
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I'm actually went to BayHouse with no plan, but thankfully Frank & David were very helpful that they introduce me where to visit, best place to eat and even plan the schedule for me.
Their toilet and bedroom is very clean and comfortable,but suggesting to bring a pair of earplug as you will never know when you need it @_@.
The beach is awesome,soft sand and crystal clear sea. Recommend you guys to visit Captain Oo(欧船长)for a whole day sea activities and please ask Frank or David for more details.
Overall .....I'll be Back.
Cheers!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JackLoong
Tainan, Taiwan
Reviewed 15 April 2013

What a pleasure it was to stay at this place! My experience with Bayhouse and its owner, Frank, was positive from the very beginning. I was worried about not being able make a deposit to confirm a reservation online via HostelWorld.com or the Bayhouse website, but Frank graciously told me I could pay upon arrival. Next, Frank met me at the port when my ferry arrived and took me to eat lunch (I was starving) with other hostel guests before check-in.

The atmosphere at the hostel was bright and cheery--lots of warm people, from the employees, Irene & Carol, to the other guests. Group activities (including water sports, island tours, oyster barbecues, and scuba diving) were encouraged and easily arranged, which was great since I had few plans for the long weekend. Frank gives his mobile number to all guests with one simple instruction: "Call me if you need anything at any time." I could not have asked for a better host, and I will *definitely* be going back to visit this summer :)

Miss you guys!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally great, though you can request one with a balcony if you like :)
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 10 April 2013

For me Bayhouse Hostel is definietely the best place to stay on Penghu: it's nice and clean, the staff is amazing, the location fantastic and it's cheap. I stayed in the female dorm room, which has comfortable bunk beds with clean linen (don't forget to bring your own towel!) and an extra en-suite bathroom. The whole hostel was very clean, modern and new, WIFI worked well everywhere and the kitchenette and common area were well equipped, so I really felt at home.

The staff is really amazing: they offer free airport transfers, speak perfect English, help you with detailled information for making your sightseeing plans and finding your way around the islands (e.g. where to go for breakfast or find delicious local treats) and even arranged scooter rental. But most importantly: they were super nice and friendly.

The location couldn't be better for beach lovers like me, as the most beautiful beach is just a short walk away (or an even shorter scooter ride if you feel lazy). Otherwise the location is very quiet, there's one small restaurant and a temple by the beach, but that's it. It's the easiest to rent a scooter to get around, that way the next 7Eleven is less than 5 min, the capital Magong 15 min and some other nice beaches 10-15 min away.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I just returned from spending 4 nights at Bayhouse. This was my first hostel experience and it far exceeded my expectations. Frank, one of the hostel owners, picked us up at the airport and made sure to stop for lunch on the way to the hostel. Frank and his staff were fabulous and his English was great!

The hostel is very clean and well kept. The lobby has plenty of little tables to sit at and the wi-fi worked very well. Frank and his staff made themselves readily available to help us with all of our questions and needs. Frank arranged many fabulous trips for us and was always willing to help us out no matter how last minute our request was.

I really enjoyed the location of the hostel. It is outside of the city and located within walking distance to Shanshui Beach. There are great paths along the coast to bike or scooter along. The hostel is also located very close to the departure point for most of the excursions (squid fishing, snorkeling, windsurfing...). Bayhouse is about 15 minutes outside of Magong City. It is a cheap ride by taxi and an easy ride by scooter. Scooters are very accessible and can be delivered right to the hostel.

I highly recommend Bayhouse to anyone looking for a fabulous and cost efficient place to stay while in Penghu! You will leave with wonderful new friends and exciting memories!

Thank you Bayhouse!!!

Room Tip: If you are traveling to Penghu during the winter, make sure to bring plenty of warm clothes! I would...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends