okay, why the staff was awesome:
1. usually you have to book via internet. i didnt have internet but damian was super understanding he still kept the room for me. looked forward to my trip to penghu.
2. picked me up from the harbour, he and his adorable korean wife are super nice, caring and funny too.
3. the staff actually taught me how to ride a motorcycle.
4. they hooked me up with other guest and we roadtripped the whole island.
5. you could tell that all of them are not just talking to you because thats what you SHOULD do as a staff person, but that they are really interested in you as a person and honestly want your stay in penghu to be as memorable as possible. and it was.
+ very clean
+ great rooms, every guest has their own locker
+ kitchen, fridge, computer, wifi, big living room
+ food and beach round the corner. (great beach to swim btw)
+ lots of trips organized by the hostel
+ student discount
- the city center is indeed very far away, but you need a vehicle anyway in penghu. or just wait for the staff to hook you up with other guest. haha.
thank you thank you thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bayhouse Hostel Penghu! We are located by the most famous beach, Shanshuei beach of Penghu archipelogo. Just a few steps you can swim in the beautiful beach. We have 5 rooms with 34 beds in total in mixed dorm and female dorm styles. We are definitely the best choice for backpackers and small/large group of tourists who wants to have a beach vacation on this beautiful island, which is nominated by Lonely Planet as Best 10 Islands in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Priceline so you can book your Bayhouse Hostel Penghu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.