See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The receptionist gave us a cool reception going thru the motions but not as if she cared whether we were there or not. First impressions are important. The room was basic and clean with a view of the river behind. Coffee and Breakfast was available at the local Tim Hortons

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dorothy K
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Clean room but very tight squeeze for your car. We didn't mind the stay and had the option of dropping the key in box which was nice. A/C and heat worked great. The fridge was a little noisy. Bath mat is there but more of a death trap as it still moves in the tub.

Room Tip: if a smoker there is a upper floor but you may want to chose the end area to not be an issue to anyone.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We had trouble finding a suitable hotel in the Halifax area due to it being the high season and there were 4 of us in our party. I checked around and found the Stardust in Timberlea/Bedford area just 10 minutes away from the downtown Halifax area. It's an older building, but recently renovated and surprised us that it was very clean, cosy and had all the amenities you would expect. We would certainly stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2017

started off bad made a reservation with booking.com check-in they said they did not have my name or reservation i showed him my reservation number dates and everything they still said that they had no room for me (it was full) so i phone booking.com with my cell phone waited on line about 5 min. then while i was speeking to the guy at booking.com he phoned his boss while talking the guy at booking.com said what name did you give i said my last name he said give him your first name BINGO they should go with the full name or the reservation number a bad start, after that episode pretty good rooms clean nice spot close to restaurants and the highway good for short stay, just another thing the street is pretty pretty noisy

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017

First impressions, very good. Clean, spacious, and the beds were "ok". After check in we turned the a/c on, and left for dinner. Upon return around 7'ish we realized the a/c fan works, but not the compressor. I notify the front desk, and he says he will hunt down a fan for us. Not perfect but I state, my husband cannot sleep in the temp of the room. No fan arrives!! At approx 2:30 am, the smoke detector blares for about 45 seconds, my husband fans it and it stops. I call front desk, no answer. We check around find nothing suspicious, no smoke smell, so we get back in bed, only to have it blare again at about 4:00 am. Finally after this we can't sleep get ready and get out in daylight after 6:30 am. Now bearing in mind, I am a Travel Agent, I know this was totally unacceptable Front desk cannot compensate without permission from the owner. That is reasonable, he promises me he should be in by 9ish and will call. At 10:30 I call him. He says he will investigate my issue. I state I have not reviewed you yet nor contacted the 3rd party booking firm. He takes this as a threat and says do what you want we have good reviews. This is not a threat this is information, and I am aware for the most part he has favorable reviews. I would rather not negatively review them. Anything can happen and beyond their control, but how the establishment handles it is how they get rated. The smoke detector issue was disconcerting, with no obvious reason. To date, there has been no further call from these people, and most certainly they have not refunded anything to me. We maybe had 4 hours sleep in total, and left groggy for a day on the road. Totally unacceptable business practice.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple