“always fresh always good!!”
Review of Ta' L-Ingliz

Ta' L-Ingliz
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Mgarr
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
lija
“always fresh always good!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

if you want to eat fenkata this is the place it is very good and tasty its not expensive and the best thing is that its always fresh!!

• Visited January 2014

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Maltese traditional food at its best.”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We visited this restaurant on Friday December 13th following a recommendation. It's location is not where tourists would normally visit, but searching for it is well worth the effort. Advance booking even at this time of year is essential. Our meal started with snails followed by rabbit and horse meat. While I appreciate these choices may not be to everyone's liking, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed them. This very small restaurant is truly a hidden local gem, which we will visit again when we travel to Malta.

• Visited December 2013
Cospicua, null, Malta
“Very good food.”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I visited this restaurant this month. My boyfriend loves rabbit so he encouraged my brother and his girlfriend to join us. When we entered the restaurant my first thought was how small the restaurant was. But after we were seated we realised how cosy it was. We were given a plate with fresh local bread, water biscuits and home made bigilla before our food.The men shared a bowl of snails before our main course and although I don't like snails, it looked really tempting. My boyfriend decided on horse meat, me and my brother had the chicken with salmon and his girlfriend had chicken breast with mushroom sauce. The portions were quite big and very delicious. A huge bowl of chips accompanied the meals. Me and my brother's girlfriend couldn't finish our food but my brother was happy to do that for us. Overall we were really happy with the food and service. They will definitely be seeing our faces again :):).

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“top quality, small town”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Second visit. First last year, 2013, unbelievably busy. Mostly locals. Second, November 2014. Booked a table, we were the only foreigners. Lovely lady spoke good English. Had Rabbit portions. Superb. Very simple establishment with an excellent kitchen. The vegetable soup was truly the best I've had. The cost?, who cares for such superb food but it was about £25 all in.

• Visited November 2013
Malta
“Great in some aspects, but could improve”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I went there last Saturday with my family - we were a table of 10. The waitress was very nice, and as soon as we sat down she brought some very nice bruschettas and crackers with bigilla - they were lovely.

I ordered a fillet as I don't eat rabbit and it was fantastic!! It was really tender and tasted great! I loved the food and those who ordered rabbit though it was delicious too. Plus the portions are very abundant! But, those who had spaghetti with rabbit as a starter didn't like it as there wasn't ANY rabbit in it - not one piece!

The rest was good though and I recommend this restaurant for a nice Maltese meal. Try to sit far from the TV though as we were placed on a table right under it and it was too loud. And we didn't like the house wine very much either - it was much warmer than room temperature and tasted like one of those very cheap wines you can buy at supermarkets.

But I will visit again for sure as the meat was great and my boyfriend really enjoyed the rabbit. They also bring some peanuts and sweets for dessert which is great, and the prices are excellent, very good value for money!!

• Visited October 2013