See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 February 2016

We sadly arrived to very bad weather so we had to spend an entire day in the hotel! Thankfully we chose to stay here as it was a nice place to while away the time.
The bar area isn't amazing but it is nice enough. The gym is good and the spa is a really nice place to spend a few hours (although it is an extra charge).
The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were comfortable. They are quite spacious too and our room had a HUGE bath!
Restaurant does a good breakfast with lots of choice and the evening meal was delicious and reasonably priced if you go for the set menu.
The atmosphere in the hotel is what makes it.
Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Wifi is limited unless you are on ground floor so if you are dependent on internet choose a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2015

I have stayed here couple of times and enjoyed each stay. Friendly staff
Nicely appointed rooms very comfortable. nice bar area for a cocktail before dinner.
Easy short walk to the ski slope.
Food is not great but not all bad either.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2015

My husband and I, along with another couple, spent four days at Val Di Luce the beginning of this month (2/28-3/4). We couldn't have been more pleased, as it was literally a shot in the dark when picking a hotel near a ski area. We decided on Val Di Luce because it did seem self contained and being in a remote area, we knew we probably wouldn't be able to get to too many places once there, especially if weather was bad. The skiing (my husband did) was great, as well as the conditions. He loved it and was able to get in quite a few runs each day. The spa was very nice although the hours were a bitt off - opening at 11:00 a.m., we are early risers, and would have preferred an earlier opening. The restaurant was very good, however, our biggest grip was the salt used on the dinner food. (Breakfast and lunch seemed fine). There were a couple of dinners that were over salted. Food was very good overall though. The staff was pleasant and certainly took care of all of our needs. Special mention to the bartender (whose name I don't know) as he worked nonstop from 3:00 p.m. to whenever, alone, for the most part and the weekend was very crowded. I would definitely go back if we are in that area again, and recommend it. One more note Wi-Fi was a bit off. Really depended on time of day. One other downside - we had a kitchenette, with nothing in it. No utensils, cups, glasses, etc. Not sure why, unless you had to specify you wanted it.

Room Tip: WE had a suite - no living room, two bedrooms and two baths, with a kitchenette. Would have preferred a living room, with comfortable chairs, as opposed to the kitchenette.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2015

I felt insulted as a guest at this hotel; THAT is how bad the service was.

I know better than to compare hotels in small European towns to American standards. I know to expect some "wear and tear," smaller spaces, or antique furniture. But the redeeming quality when traveling to the hospitable region of Tuscany is always the service and the food!
This hotel failed miserably at both.
In a weird, warped universe, it felt like I wasn't even in Italy anymore. Everything was modern, devoid of charm, completely isolated, and the staff was cold and ambivalent. I could have been at Killington in Vermont for all the "quaint charm" this ski resort had!

Frankly, I don't care about a fully equipped gym when my waiter can't be bothered to bring me a glass of water. I don't care about a fully operating spa, if my hotel room doesn't have hot water for more than 10 minutes. And I certainly don't care about a shuttle to the slopes if you can't even pave your road to make it independently accessible!

The only time I negatively review hotels is when the service is lacking and it feels like management doesn't care about its guests. That is exactly the case at Val di Luce Spa Resort.
For the prices they charge, I expect a waiter to ask me why the food was inedible or the handyman to fix my hot water!

Service: 0 stars
Amenities: 5 stars

There are far better places to stay where your service will feel appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Veronica S
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel is very good! Especially in the winter with the spa is perfect. Breakfast and dinner was very nice. Very close to perfect skiing area. Rooms are very beautiful, good beds and bathroom. Definitely coming back!
One thing: The hotel is not very good for the environment, since because of the Spa the hallways are constantly 30 degrees, so people are not cold while walking back to the room. And there is a jacuzzi outside the whole day turned on (35 degrees).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple