See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

just a quick review of our stay in this hotel:
- room is freezing cold; reception is notified of the problem at 9.30 am;
- we go out for ski and be back for lunch: room still freezing cold; new call but problem not fixed
- finally they gave us another room at 8.30 pm. again freezing cold: we are told to wait until the room gets warmer !
- conclusion: my daughter (8 years old) can not go sleep and we are waiting for the room to get warmer....
and It is a mountain hotel...
never again

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I booked 2 rooms for my wife and daughter and partner. To start with, reception mixed our rooms up which we only discovered on the last night too late to swap. Then at breakfast I discovered one of my pastries with mould growing on it. Pointed it out to the waiter who took it off me without a single comment and just walked away. Then on checkout we were informed that we owed them €160 for the basic spa. In the U.K. most spa hotels offer the spa as part of the standard package for guests with any additional services i.e. Massage etc as an extra. Finally, after a mixup with Expedia/Hotel.com not informing them I had prepaid I had to lay another €330 for my room. When I checked on my return and emailed them, it took threee dats to respond to my email to advise me an error had been made and they would reimburse. Two days later and still waiting for confirmation repayment has been made.i receved an apology for my general email complaint, but no addressing the specific points raised. We gave stayed in Abetone for 6 years now in other hotels, costing less, but with far far better service. Still awaiting a response to my last email 5 days after registering complaint.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Its the third time here, and its still good .. the rooms are large and nicely laid out. The whole hotel has a feel of light sophistication ... and light meaning adults can relax and rest, and children are more than tolerated!
It was fully booked but in no sense crowded .. the only real sign was all the lockers were full in the boot room.
Breakfast is a nice and broad buffet, and the evening meal is wide ranging and you can choose to eat a little or a lot .. but its best to book a table as early in advance as you can.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Paddy M
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Booked this hotel for one night. A few days before check-in received message saying it would be closed for the season the day of check-out. The place, probably great in winter during the ski season, looked like a large wooden pigeon-coop with almost all windows shuttered already. The bar served us the last two beers available. The large restaurant, with only two other tables occupied, served food that seemed unfrozen just prior to serving. Staff were packing supplies which did not make for a pleasant atmosphere either. I understand the place was closing for the season but they could have made a gesture to the few guests staying that night by giving a welcome cocktail or a small discount to make up for the dreadful atmosphere.
The only positive; room was excellent, the view average......

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

This hotel exceeded my expectations! I saw some pictures online and I thought it was ok and just the best in the region... but getting there I found out the hotel is super organized, the spa so clean and relaxing and the food in the restaurant delicious (dinner), staff so gentle and friendly. My suggestion is that in the breakfast they could offer a natural orange juice, freshly squeezed! That would be perfect! I want to come back more often ... all the rooms have views to the pyramid! I think the next time I will choose one with the view also to the mountain (Val De Luce), I noticed that the rooms on that side get the sun in the morning and the view must be even more beautiful with the bright white snow mountain in the background. I Super recommend this place !!! Location is fantastic if you have a car... not even 5min to Val de Luce ski area, very close to Fiumalbo, Abetone and good access to Cutigliano... all small villages worth a visit for lunch if you like to discover little charming places. It was my first at a ski resort and I just loved the experience !!!!!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends