“A Home from Home.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Posada Abuela Fidela
“A Home from Home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

I went to Infantes because of the Don Quixote connection - I like the novel and was keen to see the area in which it was set; although the town is rightly proud of its literary connection, there is much more to see and do in the area and I highly recommend a visit.

I visited at the right time as, previously unbeknown to me, the town was celebrating Don Quixote's adventure featuring a procession (and subsequent five kilometre ride) of solo horse riders, traditional carriages and the man himself, Don Quixote (and Sancho Panza), astride the weirdest-looking steed (actually, it was a bike) I have ever seen, but totally in accordance with the eccentricity of the character.

My stay at this hotel was one of the most enjoyable I have had in 35 years of travelling. This was due not only to the very comfortable accommodation but also because of the affable proprietor, Miguel; there wasn't anything that was too much trouble for him. He was unobtrusive but available if needed and I felt as though I was staying in a friend's home rather than a hotel. I was travelling with my small dog and she was made to feel very much at home. I enjoyed my time so much, I stayed an extra day.

I chose the hotel for the following reasons: I prefer smaller hotels; I liked the look of the place on the photos; it is situated in a quiet part of Infantes - I am a fairly light sleeper, and though it is good to be in the thick of things centrally, I rarely find the street noise conducive to a good night's sleep. Four other rooms (there are seven in total) were occupied and I heard no 'through' noise whatsoever. It's about a five minute walk/ten minute stroll to the centre of town, which is a series of 'Places' linked in a triangular fashion; all are extremely pleasant to sit in and watch Spanish life go by. As in most of Spain, the place busts into life after 5 p.m. and there is a great selection of bars, cafes, etc.. I sampled four places and the food was very good.

The hotel and rooms have a very traditional look and ambience, be-decked as they are with interesting pieces of vintage furniture and bric-a-brac, and are tastefully furnished, however, they also have a modern tinge to them; I found this very appealing. The bed was large and very comfortable. The rooms are air conditioned, the equipment is modern and noise is minimal; it is operated by a remote control handset - very handy, this is something not provided in American hotels of a similar grade, supposedly at the forefront of providing good customer service. The TV in my room was a flat screen LCD. Wi-Fi is free and the signal excellent.

I am travelling through Europe over several months in my MPV, so I like to have convenient parking. I was able to park directly outside the the hotel and was offered a private, covered space if I desired to leave my travelling junk in the car.

Breakfast was traditionally Spanish, complemented by locally-made produce - amongst others, 'Abuelon' biscuits which taste good with a sweet or savoury accompaniment and tea, coffee, or wine. I usually have coffee and toast (provided) but was tempted to try the fare and it was excellent.

I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in the junior suite, left at the top of the stairs.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank SoloAlan

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villanueva de los Infantes
Hotel La Morada de Juan de Vargas
Hotel La Morada de Juan de Varga...
#1 of 4 in Villanueva de los Infantes
#3 of 3 in Valdepenas
Hospederia Santa Elena
Hospederia Santa Elena
#1 of 1 in San Carlos del Valle

Been to Posada Abuela Fidela? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Posada Abuela Fidela

Property: Posada Abuela Fidela
Address: Calle Don Quijote 16, 13320 Villanueva de los Infantes, Spain
Region: Spain > Castile-La Mancha > Province of Ciudad Real > Villanueva de los Infantes
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Villanueva de los Infantes
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Posada Abuela Fidela 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Posada Abuela Fidela reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.