“the food and drinks were so good!!!!!!”
Review of Oasis

Oasis
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Vanadzor
Cuisines: Armenian
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I liked all their food and drinks and the prices were very cheap which was good. I liked that they had a lower level as well as an upper level.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This restaurant is easily located on the town's main street, Tigran Mets. The menu is extensive and offers a mix of western and local dishes od reasonable qualit and at a good price. Service is fast and friendly

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was surprised to see that Oasis has kept the tradition of offering quality food after so many years I haven't been to Vanadzor. The place was renovated and looked more cafe-like and more modern. The waiters were still not so sweet, but the food is served quickly and is very good. And like previously, no sense in going to the 2nd floor open-air part as there's still lots of smoke and noise of the main avenue! This is definitely the best place to eat in this town.

1  Thank milen13
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Their food is great, service is good too! In summer, it's great to sit in the second floor, which is basically an open balcony.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Don't get me wrong: I'm not sure the 'shot' hits the mark, but it was a welcome site for a restaurant to make such a good-faith effort at modernity in Vanadzor (not the only one to try, mind you, but one of the better results).

My wife & I ate here twice during our short stay. On our first night in town, it had a promising look for something like fusion dinners. Actually, the menu stays pretty traditional, but it does include some items which had western-enough flair to appeal to a broad traveling audience. Also, for those who are Armenian-challenged like me & my wife, the menu has English-like descriptions and pictures, and the wait-staff all seemed happy to tolerate our remedial attempts at communication. The food was solid, but not spectacular; the service was well-above par for Armenia; and the total cost was surprisingly reasonable.

We went back a second night just for tea & dessert, and while the desserts were not quite as good as we had hoped they would be, the tea service was quite good, and we were happy the second time around with the service and value.

By the time you make it to Vanadzor, you've probably had enough eating out experience in Armenia to know that there is a good chance that your first dinner selection may not actually be available, and the same was true for us: I couldn't get either of my first two choices at dinner and neither me nor my wife got our first choices for dessert...but at least the waiter told us that when we were trying to order rather than waiting to return with only one dish or nothing at all before laying it down.