Stayed here on a two night b&b with a spa treatment each on a group-on deal. Hotel is located in a lovely area a few miles outside Sligo & close to many scenic spots. We were so lucky as when we were visiting the weather was beautiful sunny & hot . We drove over to Strandhill , had a lovely walk & got some lunch then drove over to Glencar waterfall which was nice to see . The following morning we drove out to Rosses Point beach for another walk in a lovely area.
We ate in the bar area the first night just had toasted sandwiches which were nice but we felt there was no atmosphere in the bar. Breakfast the following morning was grand lots of choice, fruit , breads , cereals, yogurts, cold meat but the hot breakfast was pre-cooked not 4 star quality .We did not eat dinner in the restaurant so can't review.
We had our spa treatments the first morning not impressed at all with their spa facilities . Girl who check us in wasn't very friendly & the changing/toilets area was extremely small . In the shower area the shower gel/shampoo/conditioner containers were all pulled off the wall except one. I have a walking disability & the jacuzzi in the spa area was not accessible to me , no step in & no hand rails. I felt that the spa area was an 'after thought' when they were designing the hotel , if i had booked in for a spa weekend away i would of been extremely disappointed. Margaret who showed me to my treatment was so lovely & helpful thou.
The bedroom was lovely very spacious, nice decor , the bed was so comfy , nice flatscreen tv . Overall the hotel & bar staff were very friendly & polite, couldn't do enough & nothing was too much trouble. Would stay again if in the Sligo region but would not go near the spa area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Dargan Hotel offers unsurpassed accommodation facilities ranging from stunning en-suite guest rooms and Wall Garden Suites to the magnificent Castle Dargan House Premier Suites all of which present an old world charm with modern day comforts. Our signature beds; The Vogue & Elegance mattresses with feather down duvets & pillows are featured in every bedroom, ensuring a peaceful night's slumber. We also include: direct-dial phones, complementary broadband access, digital TV, tea/coffee making facilities, smoking & non smoking wings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Castle Dargan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Dargan Golf Hotel And Wellness Centre
- Castle Dargan Hotel Wellness Centre
- Castle Dargan Ballygawley