County Sligo is in the North West of the Republic of Ireland on the Atlantic coast and is beautiful with some stunning beaches and beautiful walking.
Enough of setting the scene! What of the hotel? Really excellent - We had a two day deal via Groupon - and it was really good value. We had an excellent room which was quiet, clean, comfortable and had all the amenities you would expect, including an iron and ironing board. My only grouse was that there was no power shower!
The hotel is, it must be said, slightly of the beaten track being about 6 or 7 miles outside Sligo town itself. It does have its own golf course and spa (tried the spa myself, it came with the offer - really enjoyed it and was surprised how relaxed I felt afterwards - men get in touch with your feminine side and don't leave this all to the ladies!!!). The staff were very friendly and helpful and went the extra mile.
Breakfast was all one would expect, with all the products being sourced locally - the black and white pudding was to die for! Dinner in the restaurant was good value and quality. The staff were particularly helpful and even warmed my after dinner brandy for me - these little touches add up!
We also ate in the bar on one of the nights we were there, again good food, prepared well and served by friendly helpful staff. The Guiness was excellent (one should always try the local beverages - for any of our cross channel readers forget about what passes for guiness in the rest of the British isles!).
All in all we had a really good experience and would certainly stay at Castle Dargan again. Based on our experience, I would have no hesitation in recommending it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Dargan Hotel offers unsurpassed accommodation facilities ranging from stunning en-suite guest rooms and Wall Garden Suites to the magnificent Castle Dargan House Premier Suites all of which present an old world charm with modern day comforts. Our signature beds; The Vogue & Elegance mattresses with feather down duvets & pillows are featured in every bedroom, ensuring a peaceful night's slumber. We also include: direct-dial phones, complementary broadband access, digital TV, tea/coffee making facilities, smoking & non smoking wings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castle Dargan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Dargan Golf Hotel And Wellness Centre
- Castle Dargan Hotel Wellness Centre
- Castle Dargan Ballygawley