My daughter and I spent a lovely few days in this hotel. She had requested a Superior Room so we were accommodated in the old Manor House. We were in "The Lake Isle" room - very large in itself - but we also had a big sitting-room with a suite of furniture, desk, coffee table, T.V. and the tea/coffee-making facilities.
The en-suite was large and included a small sort-of dressing-room at the side. The bathrobes hung on a rack here, and this rack had some extra hangers for hanging clothing as there was no wardrobe in the bedroom, though there were plenty of drawers in antique furniture. We could, however, have done with a mirror in the bedroom, though there was one in the bathroom of course. The bed linen and towels were of high quality, like the Orla Kiely toiletries.
As this was the old Manor House (frequented in the past by the poet W.B. Yeats, a friend of the then owners) there was no lift, but the wide staircase was evocative and pleasant. As I am interested in Poetry, I found the whole place to be just my style and had a very enjoyable time there.
The Reception, restaurant, golfing area etc.were across the yard in the newer building. The food was good, the staff were pleasant and helpful and there was a huge bookcase of varied and delightful reading material at our disposal. We had a car which is probably essential as the hotel is at Ballygawley, a few miles from Sligo town, and a bit off the beaten track. I certainly would go back there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Dargan Hotel offers unsurpassed accommodation facilities ranging from stunning en-suite guest rooms and Wall Garden Suites to the magnificent Castle Dargan House Premier Suites all of which present an old world charm with modern day comforts. Our signature beds; The Vogue & Elegance mattresses with feather down duvets & pillows are featured in every bedroom, ensuring a peaceful night's slumber. We also include: direct-dial phones, complementary broadband access, digital TV, tea/coffee making facilities, smoking & non smoking wings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Castle Dargan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Dargan Golf Hotel And Wellness Centre
- Castle Dargan Hotel Wellness Centre
- Castle Dargan Ballygawley