Castle Dargan
US$100
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,297 results
All reviewsgolf courseon arrivalthe main hotelround of golfwalled gardenspa treatmentsrelaxation roomspa areaplay golfrelaxing breakwedding venuethe ground floorold housesligo townbar foodfrom start to finishnight break
Reviewed 12 August 2014

What a lovely location, less than 10 minutes drive from Sligo. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Very nice public areas, breakfast good dinner huge! And good too. Suffers a little from young local staff who are lovely but do need direction.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sam M
CastleDargan, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Dargan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Julie D,
We are very pleased you experienced a wonderful and relaxing stay with us at Castle Dargan 4star Resort. Our 170 acre woodland estate does prove to be in a fabulous location with stunning views and we are delighted that you enjoyed it. Thank you for your kind comments about our food and accommodation, please be assured that we will pass on your comments to all our team here at Castle Dargan Resort. We do apologize that you felt that our staff needed direction but please be assured that this is not the norm at Castle Dargan Resort as our Staff usually get great reviews. If you could contact our Food & Beverage Manager Matthew to discuss this matter further it would be much appreciated. We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.
Regards

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was the 2nd time we have stayed here and this time we brought the in laws. We asked for and got a walled apartment. In laws got a lovely room right beside reception. We were welcomed by Christine at reception and promptly sorted with keys and vouchers for golf and beauty treatments. The apartment was huge with tons of storage. The view over the golf course from the bar was astounding. The food was fantastic and no request was too much. Two Ciaras in the restaurant looked after us well and took it in their stride when I informed them my son was coeliac. My wife said her massage was best she ever had from Sharon. On this visit we found they had built a sports bar with pool table and games console. This entertained my three boys. Overall we had a great stay and will return. Strandhill beach is 20 mins away and worth visit and an indoor soft playground in collooney too. Thanks again Castle Dargan.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank ermait1
CastleDargan, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Dargan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear ermait1,
Good afternoon from the Castle Dargan resort. We are pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We are thrilled that your enjoyed the view of our Darren Clarke designed golf course from the Middleton Bar as it does have the most spectacular views. I will inform our Head Chef Melville Cook about the service you received during your meal and I will notify our Icon Spa Manager Sophia about how impressed you were with your treatment that you received at our Icon Spa. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back to Castle Dargan in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My partner and I stayed in Castle Dargan last Thursday night. We arrived late in the evening and so I assumed the staff might be mad at us but quite the opposite! The staff at this hotel go above and beyond! When we checked in we were greeted by the lovely Imelda who gave us a lovely glass of prosecco and showed us to our room. Imelda was sooo nice and polite she kept offering to carry my bag but I could manage fine but appreciated the offer! The room was the lake isle suite in the old house and it is out of this world! My partner and I literally were awe struc when she showed us inside, it was so spacious with a separate sitting roo, the bathroom had a free standing bath(part of the old house) and there were lovely touches like little Orla Kiely shampoo and conditioners and bathrobes and slippers! Could it possibly get any better???Well yes! Imelda was so thoughtful she arranged for my partner and I to have a toasted sandwich each and had these ready for us when we arrived in the bar!I really must say this hotel really made an impression on me! The bar staff were lovely and friendly and the whole hotel has a very relaxed vibe you really feel that they want you to relax and enjoy yourself!The next day after a blissful nights sleep my partner and I went for breakfast this was also fab, you choose your hot plate from the menu, we chose the chefs special......yum!.We also had juice, pastries and fruit......you wont go hungry here! Such fresh produce and very professional waiting staff! We sat and ate breakfast looking out at the beautiful golf course and mountains ! When it came time to leave I asked the receptionist what direction should I take to go to Westport she was so accommodating she even printed directions for us! What they didn't realise is that the reason my partner and I had been so delayed in getting here was because we were choosing my engagement ring in Belfast and had travelled down to Sligo on our way back, it was the perfect end to a great day! We are hoping to get married in the next coupe of years and even though neither of us are from Sligo I am seriously thinking of Castle Dargan for our wedding!I could not think of anywhere better!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Realtin3131

Dear Realtin3131,
Congratulations on your recent engagement from all the team here at Castle Dargan! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate them especially Imelda who is so grateful that you spoke about her so kindly. Please be assured that I have notified all relevant departments about your thoughtful comments and all the team were thrilled to hear them. The views of our Darren Clarke designed golf course and surrounding mountains are very beautiful and it is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed them whilst having your breakfast in the Hall Door Restaurant. We would be thrilled if you came back to Castle Dargan for your Wedding Day and our award winning Wedding Coordinator Kim, would be happy to help you with your big day. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you in the near future
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Was a guest at a wedding on August 1. The staff were really the standout experience in a hotel that ticked all the boxes. The location is a beautiful setting in Sligo and the hotel was equally impressive. Rooms were spacious, food at weeding reception was excellent and served by staff that were friendly and attentive. The bar staff kept up the great friendly and attentive standard of service throughout the (long!!) night. Food in the bar the next day was very good , as was the breakfast which was very good without being anything brilliant. Cannot comment on spa or golfing but would recommend again for the brilliant friendly and effective service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear LooCan,
Good Afternoon and thank you for your review of the Castle Dargan four star Resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed the location of our 170 acre resort and that our professional and friendly staff really stood out to you during your stay. Please be assured I will inform all relevant departments about your kind words and they will be truly delighted. We look forward welcoming you back in the future and again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

What a fabulous place, stunning views, lovely food extremely friendly staff . The spa facilities were slightly disappointing, only a Jacuzzi ,sauna and steam room. Treatments were good. If you book make sure there isn't a wedding party in, we were booked into the room above the reception and right outside the wedding party took to smoking and chatting very loudly. The reception area smelt of smoke and a noisy resident decided at 7am to kick the door opposite us to be let in.
I would go back but only without a wedding party.
I did complain the following day and also about the price which was much more expensive than stated on the web site, the member of staff adjusted this.
Breakfast fabulous.

Room Tip: As far away from any wedding party that's in.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Anna P,
Thank for you for your review of your stay with us at Castle Dargan Resort. We are delighted you enjoyed our hotel and the stunning views surrounding Castle Dargan. Regarding your issue about the noise, we don’t actually have any rooms situated above reception, perhaps you mean the hotel rooms that we have located to the left of reception, we are very sorry for the noise that you encountered but please be assured that I have notified the General Manager Ciaran and this issue has since been resolved. We are regretful that you our Icon spa left you disappointed, as well as our Jacuzzi, Dry Sauna and Steam room we have heated loungers and 02 Showers and our relaxation room has stunning views, so you can unwind and relax however we are thrilled that you enjoyed the treatments that you received. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back to Castle Dargan in the near future.