Only an hour flight from Manila, and another hour drive from Legazpi City to the resort. The breathtaking Mt Mayon is the perfect backdrop to this adventure vacation. Since it was my friend's first time in Legazpi, we decided to take a quick city tour before heading to the resort. Highlights of the tour were Cagsawa Ruins, Lignon Hill and Embarcadero. We learned that if booked ahead, we could have taken a high-speed boat to the resort in 20 minutes. But we're glad to have taken the scenic route - the ride was comfortable and our driver stopped at Five Views, a perfect viewing spot to see Mt Mayon and four other important mountains. Upon reaching the resort, we were welcomed with an ice cold towel and hand-woven lei, then quickly whisked to the reception area to check-in. We were escorted to our villas in a golfcart, accompanied by Rafa, their cordial operations manager. He explained the features of our adjacent villas - the Junior Suite Deluxe are specious and gorgeous!
We noticed two kinds of guests in the resort: the laid back, who spend most of their time lounging by the pool or beach sipping their frozen margaritas, and the adventure-seekers, who are willing to try all the activities available. Although we did a little bit of the former, we decided to be mostly the latter. In the morning, we headed to the Ecopark, which is about a five minute drive from the resort - it houses the impressive amphitheater and a beautiful chapel on a hill. We went to the high ropes section where wall climbing and zip lining were available. I braved the 150 meter zip line which was exhilarating! My friend and I then raced down a long winding slope in luges.
Back at the resort, we were greeted by Rafa and Lisa, their lovely resident manager, who set up our water sports activities. They introduced us to Jeff, the recreations supervisor, who arranged jet skis for us. We had so much fun! The non-motorized activities were also fun: kayaking and stand-up paddle board. We would have tried the hoby cat but there was no wind that morning.
After lunch, we headed to the Marina for snorkeling. They have healthy coral formation, and teeming fish life. I missed the resident giant groupers (which showed up in the morning), but saw the giant clams. I am an avid diver and I think the dive sites here are perfect and safe for introductory dives.
Late in the afternoon, we decided to go to the Hilltop by ATV. It was a bit challenging (I got stuck once going uphill), but reaching the top was rewarding! The view of the islands and Mt Mayon is unparalleled! I highly suggest this activity, if willing to rough it.
Another activity not to be missed is the relaxing sunset cruise. Again, another breathtaking view of Mt Mayon against the pink hues of the sunset. The crew brought some snacks while I brought a bottle of wine to share. It was a perfect cap to this perfect vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a tropical hideaway where luxurious seclusion meets wild natural beauty. This verdant, beach-fringed island offers sophisticated pleasures on land and water – from a relaxing foot wash, welcome upon arrival in your villa, to splashing, sailing or diving in the jewel-like sea and in the pristine lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Misibis Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misibis Bay Hotel Cagraray Island
- Misibis Bay Resort Philippines/Cagraray Island, Bicol