“Top Notch Resort”
Review of Misibis Bay Resort

Misibis Bay Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cagraray Island
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Misibis Bay Resort is about an hour away from Legaspi by land . We had a most pleasant summer holiday! First of all management graciously gave us a room upgrade, something we did not expect. Food was good and the portions were surprisingly large. Try the grilled chicken ceasar salad. The american breakfast and the filipino breakfast were most satisfying. The beach is not the greatest--white sand but not the same powdery white sand found in boracay or Palawan. Bring aqua shoes. The resort boasts of great beach facilities such as a catamaran, kayaks, paddleboards. For the more adventurous types there’s windsurfing, zipline, snorkeling, diving, SEGWAY and the ATV. There’s so much to do in this resort. We indulged in virtually all that the resort had to offer. Service is top notch in the restaurant (Losito was especially efficient) Housekeeping extremely swift and eager to meet every need. I felt like a queen. The front desk ladies were pleasant (Kim and Nica). It seemed that every one was trained in customer service and all spoke very good English. Initially there was a slight misunderstanding about rates in beach facilities which management was quick to rectify. There was no unpleasant memory in our stay in Misibis and will definitely return if given the chance.Our stay was worth every peso spent in this upscale resort.

Room Tip: For a family of 4, request for a 1 bedroom suite. It offers privacy, luxury and a whole lot of space...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Cielo V
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Cielo V,

The title of your review alone is very humbling. I’m delighted to learn that found everything that you needed for an unforgettable summer holiday.

I’m glad to hear that you were pleased with the room upgrade and enjoyed the recreational activities offered at the beach club.

Most of all, I wish to extend to you my sincerest gratitude for recognizing the excellent service our colleagues provided you during your stay. Your kind words will surely inspire and motivate them even more.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding your dining experience, I’m happy to learn that you enjoyed several of our dishes.

We will ensure to keep providing you the same wonderful experience on your future visits with us.

Once again thank you for your comments and we're already looking forward to your return.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We booked a package at Misibis during the Travel Expo any got a great deal that includes accommodation, transfer (except airfare), meals, and activities. It was hassle free as we did not shell out a single centavo during the trip- except for the tip :) We loved the room as it was spacious, even the bathroom had so much space! The food choices were just enough but it surely filled our tummy :) the servers were very accommodating, however I noticed that they we're also short of staff maybe because rainy season is starting and there we're only a few guests who were booked in the resort as well. There were times wherein it took a while for them to refill some of the meals in the buffet area. We were able to maximise the activities also and given that we were only a few guests there were no long waiting lines to use their waterspout amenities. I also noticed though that the water in the pool is not that clear anymore, maybe because summer has passed i'm not sure though how frequently they clean and change the pool water. Overall, I would recommend this for families and couples who just want to relax and have a hassle free vacation. I hope they will come up with all-in packages in the future :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Luxe P,

Thank you for spending your vacation at Misibis Bay!

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I’m delighted to learn that you had a hassle free vacation.

I’m also glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at Spice Market. I would be happy to pass on your positive feedback to our chefs and F&B team. Thank you as well for your commendations on our villas and recreational activities.

I have personally taken note of your comments regarding the slight lapse in service and the pool water and would like to thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. This has already been shared with the respective department heads for action.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. I hope your travels will take you back to Misibis Bay.

Please email me directly so I can personally ensure that you are provided with an even memorable experience on your next visit.

Kind regards,

lzakharka@misibisbay.com

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed in a beautiful villa for 2 days with direct access and view to the beach. The suite was very spacious, huge bed and great interior and wonderful a balcony right by their private beach where jet skis could be rented and driven wherever you wanted as opposed to the typical restricted areas where one can only ride around in circles.

F&B and attentiveness could be improved but in no circumstances at all did this have any effect whatsoever on my 2 day trip.

Staff were very friendly and upbeat, definitely great to be around them. What really impressed me was the driver (unfortunately forgot his name) who pretty much knew everything about legazpi and its history. Quite impressive! Then upon arrival we were greeted with an interesting welcome dance! Never witnessed anything like this but definitely a great and refreshing idea that leaves a positive impression.

I also had a massage there and I must admit, it was the best massage I ever had. I usually always get annoyed when therapists don't really know what their doing and just press around spots and areas where there is not even a muscle to massage and hurts instead. My therapist was very sensitive to these areas, she knew them all and always applied the perfect pressure without me having to say anything. Unfortunately I'm really not good with names but I think her name was Daisy or Janet.

Was there mid may 2014 and looking to return august for another short getaway.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the Villas. I had Villa 18 and its highly recommendable!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear James Buskowitz,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I’m delighted to hear that your stay has been nothing but positive.

I’m very glad to learn that you enjoyed our spa services and it is humbling to hear that it was the best massage you’ve ever had; you've made our therapists beyond happy.

I would also like to thank you for your generous and kind appraisal of our Resort facilities.

But most of all, I wish to extended my sincerest thank you for commending the service our colleagues provided you with during your stay; your words will surely inspire and motivate them even more.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with a friend. We took a quick flight from Manila to Legazpi, which was just 45 minutes. It's just like driving from Alabang to Makati!

On our first day, we did the city tour (Lignon Hill, Cagsawa Ruins, Embarcadero) and ate at 1st Colonial Grill and Emong's Malunggay pandesal (must-try!!). After the city tour, it took us an hour to get to Misibis Bay. Don't worry, you won't get bored with the ride as you'll pass through a scenic route. Our driver stopped at Five Views where we saw Mt. Mayon and the surrounding mountains. We were there during sunset and it was perfect timing because we saw a flock of bats leaving their cave. What an experience!

When we arrived at the resort, we were greeted by the staff with cold towels and lei. We then proceeded to our villa - Junior Suite Deluxe - which was very spacious! I also love that they give 2 handwoven native bags in the rooms. I noticed everyone in the resort uses them!

Our second day was action-packed. We went to the EcoPark for the zipline and luge. There, we also saw the amphitheater, which had a beautiful view. We also did the ATV ride to the top of the hill. Although scary, this was really fun! The view on top of the hill was worth seeing.

Back in the resort, we tried water sports activities - stand up paddle surfing, kayaking etc. I also tried jet skiing for the first time. I'm usually scared of open water but I managed to drive to a different cove! We also did the sunset cruise which was a lovely experience as we saw the silhouette of Mt. Mayon. We were allowed to bring a bottle wine during the cruise. The staff in the boat also served us kropek (prawn crackers) which was a perfect snack with our wine.

Another thing I love about Misibis is their staff. They were very accommodating and friendly. They also seem like they were trained to take photos. All our photos came out really nice!

Honestly, before going to Misibis Bay, I was a bit unsure if I'd enjoy the place because of the mixed reviews on TripAdvisor. I realized after staying 2 nights here, this resort isn't really for spectators or for people who prefer to lounge by the beach/ pool. The resort is for adventurous people. You have to try the activities to appreciate the resort. That's why Misibis is aptly known as a "luxury island playground." I can't wait to bring my family here!

Room Tip: - Stay in the villas. The huge room and bathroom make the price worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Katherine B,

I wish to extend my sincerest thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Misibis Bay.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I’m delighted to learn your stay has been nothing but positive.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the adventurous recreational activities we have to offer; the city tour, Ecopark and watersport activities are among our customer favorites.

I would also like to thank you for your gracious and kind appraisal of our resort facilities and for recognizing the service our colleagues provided you with during your stay; you words will surely inspire and motivate them even more.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've seen my fair share of excellent resort hotels in the Philippines and I wouldn't consider this one of them. This came from correlating the price of a room to all the other factors that make a good resort. The one thing that could make or break a beach resort is the beach front and I have to say that Misibis's beach front is not the most glamorous one at that.

After checking in, I immediately proceeded to the beach where I was greeted by a "No Swimming" line. I did not bother to ask why but when you are greeted by that, it is a cause for concern. It is a little limiting. However, that is only a small area and the rest of the swim-able area is pretty vast. The beach is fronted by a kilometer-long breakwater akin to being a salt water swimming pool. There isn't a lack of water-sport activities though and they provide you with the common ones - paddle boards, kayaks , jet skis, windsurfs, banana boat rides. I would understand that the gasoline-powered activities would come at a price but the kayaks and all the rest, I still don't understand why one would have to pay for that. Though it did come with a "Hobie-Cat" ride which made it all worth it. As the wind propelled our water vehicle past the breakwater and the sea greets you with its sheer force. Something I would recommend to everyone especially when the wind is nice and strong.

The pools were okay. They were large and vast but pools are pools.

The room that we checked in to was of standard size, probably 30 square meters and good enough to fit a small size family. Nothing special about it except for the brewed coffee but nothing stands out.

The food was decent but not particularly excellent. If one had a choice, one would eat outside the resort which is, of course, impractical as the nearest towns are kilometers away. So they probably have a monopoly on everything within the Cagraray Island.

The service was one of the bright spots. Servers were attentive and courteous, giving you some sense of hospitality.

There are other amenities which should keep guests entertained though - pool and table tennis tables, gaming consoles, play areas for the children but personally, not something we used too much since our focus was on the beach.

Maybe I'm just not used to star-rated resorts but this is one I'm definitely not going to be visiting again anytime soon. And this may be the best 5-star option that you have in the Southern Bicol region but a little searching around could probably land you better deals (more value-for-your-money ones). In fact, don't limit yourself to just Southern Bicol, one could explore Northern Bicol and experience the beaches of Bagasbas, Caramoan or Calaguas Island.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Liro_Mangubat,

I wish to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us but more importantly, your valued feedback that allows us to recognize our strengths are areas of challenges.

I have personally taken note of your comments and would take to thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention.

I’m also happy to share with you that we are currently refining our buffet selection and developing a new restaurant concept and an exciting menu for both the pool bar and beachfront.

I’m glad to learn that you enjoyed the hobie cat ride and the breath taking scenery we are surrounded by.

But most of all, I would like to thank you for describing our colleagues as courteous and attentive; you have made them very happy.

It is my goal to restore your confidence in Misibis Bay by addressing your concerns.

We hope to have the pleasure of providing you an exceptional stay experience on your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Only an hour flight from Manila, and another hour drive from Legazpi City to the resort. The breathtaking Mt Mayon is the perfect backdrop to this adventure vacation. Since it was my friend's first time in Legazpi, we decided to take a quick city tour before heading to the resort. Highlights of the tour were Cagsawa Ruins, Lignon Hill and Embarcadero. We learned that if booked ahead, we could have taken a high-speed boat to the resort in 20 minutes. But we're glad to have taken the scenic route - the ride was comfortable and our driver stopped at Five Views, a perfect viewing spot to see Mt Mayon and four other important mountains. Upon reaching the resort, we were welcomed with an ice cold towel and hand-woven lei, then quickly whisked to the reception area to check-in. We were escorted to our villas in a golfcart, accompanied by Rafa, their cordial operations manager. He explained the features of our adjacent villas - the Junior Suite Deluxe are specious and gorgeous!

We noticed two kinds of guests in the resort: the laid back, who spend most of their time lounging by the pool or beach sipping their frozen margaritas, and the adventure-seekers, who are willing to try all the activities available. Although we did a little bit of the former, we decided to be mostly the latter. In the morning, we headed to the Ecopark, which is about a five minute drive from the resort - it houses the impressive amphitheater and a beautiful chapel on a hill. We went to the high ropes section where wall climbing and zip lining were available. I braved the 150 meter zip line which was exhilarating! My friend and I then raced down a long winding slope in luges.

Back at the resort, we were greeted by Rafa and Lisa, their lovely resident manager, who set up our water sports activities. They introduced us to Jeff, the recreations supervisor, who arranged jet skis for us. We had so much fun! The non-motorized activities were also fun: kayaking and stand-up paddle board. We would have tried the hoby cat but there was no wind that morning.

After lunch, we headed to the Marina for snorkeling. They have healthy coral formation, and teeming fish life. I missed the resident giant groupers (which showed up in the morning), but saw the giant clams. I am an avid diver and I think the dive sites here are perfect and safe for introductory dives.

Late in the afternoon, we decided to go to the Hilltop by ATV. It was a bit challenging (I got stuck once going uphill), but reaching the top was rewarding! The view of the islands and Mt Mayon is unparalleled! I highly suggest this activity, if willing to rough it.

Another activity not to be missed is the relaxing sunset cruise. Again, another breathtaking view of Mt Mayon against the pink hues of the sunset. The crew brought some snacks while I brought a bottle of wine to share. It was a perfect cap to this perfect vacation!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the villas - they are worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear LiveEatDive,

I wish to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at Misibis Bay.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I’m delighted to learn that you found everything that you needed for an unforgettable stay experience.

I’m happy to know that during your stay at Misibis Bay, you were able to explore many of the activities we have to offer. The adventurous will definitely be rewarded, I more than agree with the title of your review.

lzakharka@misibisbay.com

Reviewed 30 May 2014

After the gruesome travel we reached Misibis bay in 15hrs from Manila, with several stopovers.

We keep on telling ourselves 'this must be well worth it!'

Well it was indeed worth it that we were able to see the beauty of nature thru the bridge connecting of main island to Misibis as it was a breathtaking indeed!

Upon reaching the hotel after we were greeted with nice welcome drinks, warm hand towel and wrong booking. Yes wrong booking, I was prepping myself to go into debate or battle ;D We were booked thru agoda, and they probably had some miscommunication as I booked for 3 adults and 2 kids, yet they can only see 2 adults in their computer. Oh well good thing we were able to fix things by resending them the email booking that agoda sent me and confirmation letter from misibis manila office. It was a bit of a hassle but I just don't want to ruin my vacation mode mood.

We were sent to our rooms after settling at reception, we rode a golf cart to garden view rooms. It's nice 'coz we were nestled in just one building occupying 5 rooms. Our room has nice view of the pool. But the room itself is quite disappointing, microtel has better room than this :( considering its price and lengthy travel, it was really disappointing. They probably have better rooms in those suites (it should)

Another disappointing is the food. It was freakingly expensive with just average to poor quality, taste and service size. My mother-in-law craved for Jollibee on our way home. We don't have any choice as the next civilized establishments are a thousand miles from the resort (hypothetically) if we decide to go out and eat we would be probably end hungry dead on the road not to mention the gasoline we would consume. One tip: Bring lots of food esp for the kids. If you could even bring easy to cook food and induction cooker, the better!

What I love in this resort is their pool, they have lots! you can go pool hopping. They have nice recreation area, our fave is the kids room or play area since I have a baby with me. Another fave of ours is the golf cart service, it's reasonably on time when we call, i'm not sure if it is the same if they are fully booked. They have nice service and everyone is polite, but the resto service is quite slow.

It is a nice resort, but we think Bellarocca is better. It would've been more enjoyable if it isn't too far, we think the travel is definitely not worth it, considering there are other better resort that is not that far and cheaper. It's a nice experience but won't be going back as paying customer.

Room Tip: BYOF - bring your own food!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Emgees,

I appreciate hearing from you and wish to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am delighted to learn that you and your family had an enjoyable time pool hopping as well as in the kid’s playroom and recreational area. I am also happy to hear that you were pleased with the golf cart service we provided you with.

I have personally taken note of your comments regarding the inaccuracy of your booking and wish to share with you that your concern has already been addressed with our Front Office supervisor for review.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding the menu selection. I am glad to inform you that we are currently in the process of refining our buffet choices and developing a new restaurant concept and an exciting new menu for both the pool area and beachfront.

For future visits, given that you are traveling with children I would highly suggest the very short and enjoyable one-hour plane ride from Manila to Legaspi, followed by a maximum 1 hour van ride or 30 minute speed boat ride, which we will be more than happy to arrange for you.

It is my goal to restore your confidence in Misibis Bay by addressing these concerns.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Please email me directly so I can personally ensure that you are provided with an excellent overall stay experience on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cagraray Island
#1 of 4 in Tabaco City
Casablanca Suites
Casablanca Suites
#1 of 14 in Legazpi

Been to Misibis Bay Resort? Share your experiences!