“A paradise”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cagraray Island
Taytay, Philippines
“A paradise”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. Upon arrival we were greeted with lei, towels and a cultural dance. Since we have full board meals we jumped rightaway to their buffet. And it is not just an ordinary resort buffet. It's more than what you see in other high end beach/island resorts. They have different stations aside from the basic one. It's almost hotel quality buffet lunch-snacks-dinner-breakfast-snacks again as the cycle goes on. I love the garden room that I had the view inside out is fascinating. You will be bored in the island as they offer so much activities. From flat land to mountains, sea activities that will maximize your day. I even went on scuba diving and their divers were definitely great. I saw giant clams and a lot of species of fish. They even offer a sunset cruise where we catch the mayon with the sunset. It was definitely an experience!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Cheafrancisco,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I’m glad to hear that your stay has been nothing but positive.

I would like to thank you for your generous and kind appraisal of our resort facilities and buffet selection as well as for recognizing the excellent service our Misibis Bay team provided you with.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our recreational activities, especially scuba diving and our popular sunset cruise with the view of Mt. Mayon.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. I hope your travels will take you back to Misibis Bay.

Please email me directly so I can personally ensure that you are provided with an even memorable experience on your next visit.

lzakharka@misibisbay.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We booked two junior premier villa, the rooms were spacious and nicely interiored. It is actually quite far from the town, taking a zigzag route via van transfer from airport to the resort. There is no view of the Mt. Mayon from the resort. We like the complimentary foot spa room service. Staff were polite. Only that it takes so much time and couple of follow ups for some request to be served. When it rained hard, there were not umbrellas in the villas, and it never came, we waited for 30 mins. so we just walked on it anyways. For room service menu, it should be displayed in the room, we had to call the reception twice before menu came in, and almost all in the menu is not available. We had to demand to customize our order since we cannot eat again what we have already ordered from the previous meal. When we ask for water, we had to be charged for a small mineral water, thinking that room rate is expensive. Electricity is always fluctuating. Overall, it's a good stay, just something that can easily improve on.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Acacia Tree Garden,

I appreciate hearing from you and wish to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I’m glad to hear that you were pleased with the villa you were accommodated in and enjoyed our complimentary foot spa.

I have personally taken note of your comments regarding the lapse in service concerning the unavailability of umbrellas and room service menu and would like to thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. This has already been shared with the respective department heads for action.

I’m also happy to share with you that we are currently refining our A la Carte menu and developing a new restaurant concept as well as an exciting menu for the pool area, beachfront and room service.

I have also noted your comments on the bottled mineral water and wish to share with you that always provide our guest's with two complimentary bottles of mineral water daily inside the villa as well as additional complimentary water at the beachfront and in all pool areas.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you once again in the near future.

Please email me directly so I can personally ensure that you are provided with an excellent overall stay experience on your next visit.

South of Manila
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Misibis Bay Resort is about an hour away from Legaspi by land . We had a most pleasant summer holiday! First of all management graciously gave us a room upgrade, something we did not expect. Food was good and the portions were surprisingly large. Try the grilled chicken ceasar salad. The american breakfast and the filipino breakfast were most satisfying. The beach is not the greatest--white sand but not the same powdery white sand found in boracay or Palawan. Bring aqua shoes. The resort boasts of great beach facilities such as a catamaran, kayaks, paddleboards. For the more adventurous types there’s windsurfing, zipline, snorkeling, diving, SEGWAY and the ATV. There’s so much to do in this resort. We indulged in virtually all that the resort had to offer. Service is top notch in the restaurant (Losito was especially efficient) Housekeeping extremely swift and eager to meet every need. I felt like a queen. The front desk ladies were pleasant (Kim and Nica). It seemed that every one was trained in customer service and all spoke very good English. Initially there was a slight misunderstanding about rates in beach facilities which management was quick to rectify. There was no unpleasant memory in our stay in Misibis and will definitely return if given the chance.Our stay was worth every peso spent in this upscale resort.

Room Tip: For a family of 4, request for a 1 bedroom suite. It offers privacy, luxury and a whole lot of space...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Cielo V
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Cielo V,

The title of your review alone is very humbling. I’m delighted to learn that found everything that you needed for an unforgettable summer holiday.

I’m glad to hear that you were pleased with the room upgrade and enjoyed the recreational activities offered at the beach club.

Most of all, I wish to extend to you my sincerest gratitude for recognizing the excellent service our colleagues provided you during your stay. Your kind words will surely inspire and motivate them even more.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding your dining experience, I’m happy to learn that you enjoyed several of our dishes.

We will ensure to keep providing you the same wonderful experience on your future visits with us.

Once again thank you for your comments and we're already looking forward to your return.

Warm regards,

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We booked a package at Misibis during the Travel Expo any got a great deal that includes accommodation, transfer (except airfare), meals, and activities. It was hassle free as we did not shell out a single centavo during the trip- except for the tip :) We loved the room as it was spacious, even the bathroom had so much space! The food choices were just enough but it surely filled our tummy :) the servers were very accommodating, however I noticed that they we're also short of staff maybe because rainy season is starting and there we're only a few guests who were booked in the resort as well. There were times wherein it took a while for them to refill some of the meals in the buffet area. We were able to maximise the activities also and given that we were only a few guests there were no long waiting lines to use their waterspout amenities. I also noticed though that the water in the pool is not that clear anymore, maybe because summer has passed i'm not sure though how frequently they clean and change the pool water. Overall, I would recommend this for families and couples who just want to relax and have a hassle free vacation. I hope they will come up with all-in packages in the future :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Luxe P,

Thank you for spending your vacation at Misibis Bay!

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I’m delighted to learn that you had a hassle free vacation.

I’m also glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at Spice Market. I would be happy to pass on your positive feedback to our chefs and F&B team. Thank you as well for your commendations on our villas and recreational activities.

I have personally taken note of your comments regarding the slight lapse in service and the pool water and would like to thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. This has already been shared with the respective department heads for action.

Kind regards,

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed in a beautiful villa for 2 days with direct access and view to the beach. The suite was very spacious, huge bed and great interior and wonderful a balcony right by their private beach where jet skis could be rented and driven wherever you wanted as opposed to the typical restricted areas where one can only ride around in circles.

F&B and attentiveness could be improved but in no circumstances at all did this have any effect whatsoever on my 2 day trip.

Staff were very friendly and upbeat, definitely great to be around them. What really impressed me was the driver (unfortunately forgot his name) who pretty much knew everything about legazpi and its history. Quite impressive! Then upon arrival we were greeted with an interesting welcome dance! Never witnessed anything like this but definitely a great and refreshing idea that leaves a positive impression.

I also had a massage there and I must admit, it was the best massage I ever had. I usually always get annoyed when therapists don't really know what their doing and just press around spots and areas where there is not even a muscle to massage and hurts instead. My therapist was very sensitive to these areas, she knew them all and always applied the perfect pressure without me having to say anything. Unfortunately I'm really not good with names but I think her name was Daisy or Janet.

Was there mid may 2014 and looking to return august for another short getaway.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the Villas. I had Villa 18 and its highly recommendable!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear James Buskowitz,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I’m delighted to hear that your stay has been nothing but positive.

I’m very glad to learn that you enjoyed our spa services and it is humbling to hear that it was the best massage you’ve ever had; you've made our therapists beyond happy.

I would also like to thank you for your generous and kind appraisal of our Resort facilities.

But most of all, I wish to extended my sincerest thank you for commending the service our colleagues provided you with during your stay; your words will surely inspire and motivate them even more.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with a friend. We took a quick flight from Manila to Legazpi, which was just 45 minutes. It's just like driving from Alabang to Makati!

On our first day, we did the city tour (Lignon Hill, Cagsawa Ruins, Embarcadero) and ate at 1st Colonial Grill and Emong's Malunggay pandesal (must-try!!). After the city tour, it took us an hour to get to Misibis Bay. Don't worry, you won't get bored with the ride as you'll pass through a scenic route. Our driver stopped at Five Views where we saw Mt. Mayon and the surrounding mountains. We were there during sunset and it was perfect timing because we saw a flock of bats leaving their cave. What an experience!

When we arrived at the resort, we were greeted by the staff with cold towels and lei. We then proceeded to our villa - Junior Suite Deluxe - which was very spacious! I also love that they give 2 handwoven native bags in the rooms. I noticed everyone in the resort uses them!

Our second day was action-packed. We went to the EcoPark for the zipline and luge. There, we also saw the amphitheater, which had a beautiful view. We also did the ATV ride to the top of the hill. Although scary, this was really fun! The view on top of the hill was worth seeing.

Back in the resort, we tried water sports activities - stand up paddle surfing, kayaking etc. I also tried jet skiing for the first time. I'm usually scared of open water but I managed to drive to a different cove! We also did the sunset cruise which was a lovely experience as we saw the silhouette of Mt. Mayon. We were allowed to bring a bottle wine during the cruise. The staff in the boat also served us kropek (prawn crackers) which was a perfect snack with our wine.

Another thing I love about Misibis is their staff. They were very accommodating and friendly. They also seem like they were trained to take photos. All our photos came out really nice!

Honestly, before going to Misibis Bay, I was a bit unsure if I'd enjoy the place because of the mixed reviews on TripAdvisor. I realized after staying 2 nights here, this resort isn't really for spectators or for people who prefer to lounge by the beach/ pool. The resort is for adventurous people. You have to try the activities to appreciate the resort. That's why Misibis is aptly known as a "luxury island playground." I can't wait to bring my family here!

Room Tip: - Stay in the villas. The huge room and bathroom make the price worth it!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Katherine B,

I wish to extend my sincerest thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Misibis Bay.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I’m delighted to learn your stay has been nothing but positive.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the adventurous recreational activities we have to offer; the city tour, Ecopark and watersport activities are among our customer favorites.

I would also like to thank you for your gracious and kind appraisal of our resort facilities and for recognizing the service our colleagues provided you with during your stay; you words will surely inspire and motivate them even more.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've seen my fair share of excellent resort hotels in the Philippines and I wouldn't consider this one of them. This came from correlating the price of a room to all the other factors that make a good resort. The one thing that could make or break a beach resort is the beach front and I have to say that Misibis's beach front is not the most glamorous one at that.

After checking in, I immediately proceeded to the beach where I was greeted by a "No Swimming" line. I did not bother to ask why but when you are greeted by that, it is a cause for concern. It is a little limiting. However, that is only a small area and the rest of the swim-able area is pretty vast. The beach is fronted by a kilometer-long breakwater akin to being a salt water swimming pool. There isn't a lack of water-sport activities though and they provide you with the common ones - paddle boards, kayaks , jet skis, windsurfs, banana boat rides. I would understand that the gasoline-powered activities would come at a price but the kayaks and all the rest, I still don't understand why one would have to pay for that. Though it did come with a "Hobie-Cat" ride which made it all worth it. As the wind propelled our water vehicle past the breakwater and the sea greets you with its sheer force. Something I would recommend to everyone especially when the wind is nice and strong.

The pools were okay. They were large and vast but pools are pools.

The room that we checked in to was of standard size, probably 30 square meters and good enough to fit a small size family. Nothing special about it except for the brewed coffee but nothing stands out.

The food was decent but not particularly excellent. If one had a choice, one would eat outside the resort which is, of course, impractical as the nearest towns are kilometers away. So they probably have a monopoly on everything within the Cagraray Island.

The service was one of the bright spots. Servers were attentive and courteous, giving you some sense of hospitality.

There are other amenities which should keep guests entertained though - pool and table tennis tables, gaming consoles, play areas for the children but personally, not something we used too much since our focus was on the beach.

Maybe I'm just not used to star-rated resorts but this is one I'm definitely not going to be visiting again anytime soon. And this may be the best 5-star option that you have in the Southern Bicol region but a little searching around could probably land you better deals (more value-for-your-money ones). In fact, don't limit yourself to just Southern Bicol, one could explore Northern Bicol and experience the beaches of Bagasbas, Caramoan or Calaguas Island.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Misibis, Manager at Misibis Bay Resort, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Liro_Mangubat,

I wish to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us but more importantly, your valued feedback that allows us to recognize our strengths are areas of challenges.

I have personally taken note of your comments and would take to thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention.

I’m also happy to share with you that we are currently refining our buffet selection and developing a new restaurant concept and an exciting menu for both the pool bar and beachfront.

I’m glad to learn that you enjoyed the hobie cat ride and the breath taking scenery we are surrounded by.

But most of all, I would like to thank you for describing our colleagues as courteous and attentive; you have made them very happy.

It is my goal to restore your confidence in Misibis Bay by addressing your concerns.

We hope to have the pleasure of providing you an exceptional stay experience on your next visit.

Best regards,

#3 of 14 in Legazpi
Hotel St. Ellis
Hotel St. Ellis
#6 of 14 in Legazpi

Been to Misibis Bay Resort? Share your experiences!