“4 stars?”

Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bexleyheath
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I have stayed in various hotels (see reviews) and I am always positively surprised. This is the second time that I stayed at the Marriot and although my first experience was a positive one, I was disappointed this time round.
When I arrived I had a room (404) located next to the bar, the service room, the entrance to the rooms and the road (last one would not have bothered me if I had a room further away from the rest). Make sure you are not given this room, or room 406 which has the same problem.
When I asked for a new room I was thankfully given one (room 407). The only one they had available was a handicap room, but no worries. However, the room definitely needs to be checked by the handicap association. The bathroom was suited partially to fit their needs, however, only a bath was available and although you can take a bath, a shower would be out of the question. Not only can you not reach the shower knob if you are unable stand on your two feet, the knob was limescaled solid. The cupboard was placed in a corner (not sure how you would reach that with your wheelchair) and the rod to hang up your clothes on had not been changed to make it easily accessible (too high).
There was enough room, however.
Internet costs 16.00 pounds a day which I thought to be to pricey, but it could be because of the crises? Breakfast for another 16.50 if not included. And you need to put in a deposit of 50 pounds per room, just in case?
Rooms definitely need refurbishing (wood around baths rotting and rooms smelling bad if you don't open your window)
One very positive point, service at the restaurant is great and breakfast is fantastic!
All in all, not 4 star worthy in my point of view.

Room Tip: Ask to not be put in room 404 or 406 (next to bar, service room and hall entrance to rooms). Rooms...

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Quick stay over night. Very comfy bed with cosy topper and nice linen. Breakfast good with welcoming staff. Would stay again.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank EdithCurtis
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The first time we stayed at this hotel was in February 2012 following a family celebration locally, both myself, my partner and our 3 children had a fantastic time. That was why we decided that we would stay again this Easter combining a family visit with a treat for the 5 of us and it was every bit as good as the first time! The welcome you get is excellent and we have yet to find any staff member at this hotel that is anything other than friendly and very helpful. The pool is great, free towels and good changing facilities for a large family. The children loved having room service and the childrens meals were exceptional value (£5.00 for 2 courses and a drink) and again delivered with a smile and the waiter even helped the children get their napkins etc ready. The food was exceptional and again excellent value for money, a very good wine list and bar offering made for a wonderful evening. All this said the real jewel in the crown for this hotel has to be the breakfast, service is excellent they really cannot do enough for you and the range of food and drink available is incredible, make sure you try the Belgian Waffles cooked fresh for you they are to die for with the maple syrup and again they made such a fuss of the children catering for their every whim and for our teenager to make a positive compliment should just show you how great it is! All in all this hotel is a credit to the Marriott brand of hotels and all for £89.00! We have this weekend stayed in a Holiday Inn and it wasn't a patch on the Marriott in fact disappointing......................

Room Tip: Ask for a double double as these rooms are extremely large. You can also request a early check in fo...
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here as a group for a family wedding and found it to be excellent, the room was ready earlier than it should of been and was a very good size, everything was clean and just as it should be , the staff were very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was really excellent considering we only paid around a hundred and twenty pounds for a king sized room with breakfast included we were very pleased with our stay and would stay here again without doubt, if there was a negative then it would be that the car parking was a little restricted with not enough spaces but personally this didnt present a problem for us many thanks to all the staff at the marriot for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: the top floor is a bit quieter if this is what you are looking for.
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I've stayed her before only this time it was a free night from Marriott rewards. We went to London to see Shrek and stayed overnight at BexleyHeath. If you are travelling by train from the city don't get off at BexleyHeath Station the next stop Barnehurst is a much shorter distance to the Marriott. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and spacious. Ididn't take my laptop so on this occassionw asn't bothered by the lack of free broadband, which I feel all up market hotels should be including nowadays. Anyway there was a wedding on but it did not disturb us or prevent us getting a good nights sleep. I will definitely stay here again at some time in the future even if I have to pay

Room Tip: Check that you are near the function rooms if there is a late function on. If you want the windows o...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Me and my partner were staying here for two nights. hotel service is brilliant it ticks all the boxes. specially breakfast staff. i dont recollect the name of lady supervisor who was very good and helpful. special credit goes to chef ryan, who remembered what omelete i had the day before and when i went to order it next day, he remembered what i had. who wouldnt like this kind of service. even though it was busy for breakfast everyone was really friendly and kept calm and were helpful and even credit goes to mena, she has also good customer skills.
Regards,
Allwyn & Sarah

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Allwyn D
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Arrived late on a business trip

Very welcoming and helpful staff, nice hotel and bar area with a pool complex.
The only thing that was a negative for me was not the fault of the hotel.

The room allocated had an awful rank smell of cigarettes; I find it appalling that although asked repeatedly people still ignore the no smoking signs. Hopefully the hotels can begin to track down these selfish people and recoup the fumigation charges.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mikie346
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexleyheath
Premier Inn London Bexleyheath Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Bexley
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa

Been to Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!