“Ok but hotel is getting tired”

Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bexleyheath
United Arab Emirates
“Ok but hotel is getting tired”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Have stayed here before which was a great stay so did not hesitate to stay again and booked using my BA avoid points. However this hotel is starting to look tired. The rooms are big don't get me wrong but the decor is not modern and rooms could do with a makeover. Bed was hard and neither of us slept well. The bathroom was clean but tiles need replacing and fixtures need some love!

Did not have breakfast in the morning as they charge an astonishing £16.50 per person, we were not willing to pay for that.

If you are parking, do not use the hotel car park as they charge £5 per night. However if you use the 'Bexley Council' parking which is in the same car park but one floor up 24hr is only £3.40. To get to this area you need to drive around towards Sainsburys, take a left at the traffic lights (Cinema on the right) and then at the roundabout take another left and when you see the big car park on the left again go into there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at the Marriott as we were attending a function in the area.

Parking was in public car park as very few available infront of the hotel. The signage showed a £22 fee for 24 hrs but did not explain hotel customers only paid £5 at reception (beware!)

The staff were all very friendly and the room was clean and of a good size.

The bathroom was clean but we were only provided with one small tube of bubble bath/shower gel and a single bar of soap; I'd expect one each at the very least.

Bed was very comfortable. TV/Radio provided. Bedside cabinet was too high a foot above the height of the mattress, a minor quibble until you bash your arm on it.

The safe (provided at no extra charge) required you to enter a pass code to lock and the same code to reopen. I entered the code, locked the safe, then found I had entered a wrong code by
accident. (my error I accept but it meant after a few attempts the safe was locked and I was unable to use it. Perhaps the option to confirm code before first use would be the way ahead?)

The bar was very expensive £8.50 for a prawn sandwich! (which was actually a soft roll) and the bar had no crisps at 5pm on a Saturday night.

Free wi-fi in bar/public area but £15 in your room. Why?

We didn't use the pool or gym facility so i cannot comment.

The buffet breakfast was good (except for the soggy bacon which tasted like it had been steaming for hours).

To sum up. Staff excellent. Room good. Breakfast good. Parking adequate. Extras expensive. not much else in the area as competition.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor facing courtyard to avoid noisy roads to the front and found it very quiet. d...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vince P
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

How do you review one if these chains. Clean, fixed smile etc.

But it's the perennial problem, if I'd wanted a water bed I'd have booked onto 80skinkyhotel.com. A firm mattress isn't a lot to ask? I don't know anyone who thinks, excellent tonight I sleep on a marsh mellow. I'd like to place a wager that the majority of mattresses sold in the uk are on the firmer side of play dough!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Tony E, Manager at Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Liam B, thank you for your post and it is such a shame you did not get a great night’s sleep. Marriott Hotels globally pride themselves on the fantastic bedding package we offer. I am disappointed that we were not aware of this at the time so we could have resolved this for you.
If you can let me know which room you stayed in so I can take a look and also please let me know when you are looking to return so I can personally ensure we get the mattress right for you.
england
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night, we arrived a little early but our room was ready, I loved the choice of bed , pillows and extra towels when booking on line. We stayed in room 218 and found this very comfy and very spacious.
Bed great, tea and coffee
Ice machine outside room to fill your ice bucket up.
Staff very pleasant and great breakfast. Would definitely recommend and stay again .

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights, as we had stayed before, and again had no complaints! Very clean, very friendly and not far on the train into London. Also used the pool this time which was quite relaxing. Would definately stay here again, but then, Marriot always do provide great accommodation!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you yvonnemckinlay, what a great post! Today I have shared it with the hotel team and I can assure you it has brought a smile to their faces and definitely set the right tone for the day!
Thank you again and I look forward in seeing you back with us again soon.
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Stay here regularly at least 6 times per year. Always deliver quality service with a smile. Comfy spacious beds and rooms and cosy bar with great bar staff. Great breakfast.
Restaurant very good but also good places on hight street if want to eat out. Stayed here since 2005.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Tony E, Manager at Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear William R,
Thank you so much for your post, what fantastic comments which I have fed back to the team which I can assure you have made them smile and great for recognition for all their hard work.
We look forward in being able to look after you for your future stays with us.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here for business and foud it to be quite functional. Note that it is on a busy intersection but the double glazing helps drown out the traffic. There is a swimming pool here which we used. Room was your standard Marroitt quality.

They do have a car park which is shared with the local council so if it is full you have to park (and pay!) on the council's side.

Room Tip: Away from main road
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexleyheath
Premier Inn London Bexleyheath Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Bexley
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!