“great location”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bexleyheath
stirling
“great location”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I went here to watch the world tour tennis finals at the o2.the hotel is in a great location easily accessed from London city airport by train and bus.its 50 mins by bus to the o2 but worth it as its a .nice area to spend a few days.within 150 m of the hotel is Sainsbury/marks/argos a number of restaurants and for me as a lone traveller a wetherspoons full of respectable locals.hard to believe how busy that pub is at 11am when I popped in for brunch and all old folk.virtually across the road is a vue cinema ,a Chinese very cheap but good and a nice pub.i spoilt myself and had a suite which came with a 4 poster bed, separate lounge,2 huge tv s ,fridge,jacuzzi bath plus separate shower and at £150/night cheap by London prices.although locals would say Bexleyheath is not London.on exiting the o2 there are 17,000 folk heading home.most head for the tube.i went to the adjacent bus terminus where 20 of us got on an empty bus.so I ll be back
its a shame they can t be bothered to fix the broken ice machines in the corridors.they were broken last year

Room Tip: ask for a suite
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

One night stay on business prior to running training course. Overall a good to very good experience after a poor early experience on arrival on the Sunday.

Receptiexperience arrival seemed to lack experience and confidence and it showed with various requests ignored. Public areas were pleasant with relaxed atmosphere. Bedroom was good albeit bathroom was a little tired. Bed was also too soft for my liking. Room service was good as was breakfast. Gym facilities were very tired and limited.

Conference facilities were excellent from room set up, support and refreshments. Acting quickly when i needed to make adjustments. Really well managed ! Couldn't find fault on this front. Would certainly use again for conference facilities.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We had booked 2 rooms and one had 2 double beds and one had a Queen bed, for my family of 5.

Parking was easy
Check in was excellent
Rooms were large, very clean.
Bathrooms very clean
Shower and bath were brilliant.
Breakfast was excellent
Pool was great, and was a life saver as they had a family changing room.
I treated my wife to room service food,consisting of excellent Sirloin steak.
All in all, this exceeded my expectations and will definitely consider returning

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Globeman
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I didn't ever think i would need to stay in Bexleyheath but I did.
Hotel is quite big.
Staff friendly And welcoming.
Room clean and tidy.
Breakfast good.
I didn't use the spa or pool.
Only negatives. No water in the room? Which seems to be the norm lately?
And Parking charges.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Have stayed here before which was a great stay so did not hesitate to stay again and booked using my BA avoid points. However this hotel is starting to look tired. The rooms are big don't get me wrong but the decor is not modern and rooms could do with a makeover. Bed was hard and neither of us slept well. The bathroom was clean but tiles need replacing and fixtures need some love!

Did not have breakfast in the morning as they charge an astonishing £16.50 per person, we were not willing to pay for that.

If you are parking, do not use the hotel car park as they charge £5 per night. However if you use the 'Bexley Council' parking which is in the same car park but one floor up 24hr is only £3.40. To get to this area you need to drive around towards Sainsburys, take a left at the traffic lights (Cinema on the right) and then at the roundabout take another left and when you see the big car park on the left again go into there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at the Marriott as we were attending a function in the area.

Parking was in public car park as very few available infront of the hotel. The signage showed a £22 fee for 24 hrs but did not explain hotel customers only paid £5 at reception (beware!)

The staff were all very friendly and the room was clean and of a good size.

The bathroom was clean but we were only provided with one small tube of bubble bath/shower gel and a single bar of soap; I'd expect one each at the very least.

Bed was very comfortable. TV/Radio provided. Bedside cabinet was too high a foot above the height of the mattress, a minor quibble until you bash your arm on it.

The safe (provided at no extra charge) required you to enter a pass code to lock and the same code to reopen. I entered the code, locked the safe, then found I had entered a wrong code by
accident. (my error I accept but it meant after a few attempts the safe was locked and I was unable to use it. Perhaps the option to confirm code before first use would be the way ahead?)

The bar was very expensive £8.50 for a prawn sandwich! (which was actually a soft roll) and the bar had no crisps at 5pm on a Saturday night.

Free wi-fi in bar/public area but £15 in your room. Why?

We didn't use the pool or gym facility so i cannot comment.

The buffet breakfast was good (except for the soggy bacon which tasted like it had been steaming for hours).

To sum up. Staff excellent. Room good. Breakfast good. Parking adequate. Extras expensive. not much else in the area as competition.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor facing courtyard to avoid noisy roads to the front and found it very quiet. d...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vince P
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

How do you review one if these chains. Clean, fixed smile etc.

But it's the perennial problem, if I'd wanted a water bed I'd have booked onto 80skinkyhotel.com. A firm mattress isn't a lot to ask? I don't know anyone who thinks, excellent tonight I sleep on a marsh mellow. I'd like to place a wager that the majority of mattresses sold in the uk are on the firmer side of play dough!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Tony E, Manager at Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Liam B, thank you for your post and it is such a shame you did not get a great night’s sleep. Marriott Hotels globally pride themselves on the fantastic bedding package we offer. I am disappointed that we were not aware of this at the time so we could have resolved this for you.
If you can let me know which room you stayed in so I can take a look and also please let me know when you are looking to return so I can personally ensure we get the mattress right for you.
Kind regards
Tony Edwards
Director Of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexleyheath
Premier Inn London Bexleyheath Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Bexley
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!