“Better than most” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bexleyheath
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Better than most”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Clean and tidy, but watch out for the hot water in the bathroom it is lethally hot!

Car parking good but some selfish drivers use up two spaces meaning it can get limited. Excellent room, more than adequate breakfast but not so much chice asthere used to be!

Receptionists friendly but only seemed to understand very simple English. Any unusual requests had to be repeated a few times!

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms have no traffic noise but some guests forget there is no need to shout to each other...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
Bexley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

One of the best hotels I've stayed in. Wonderfully spacious and quiet with working air con. Lovely bathroom with plenty of space to put his and hers toiletries next to the basin and in the shower. Will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank indeanna_jane
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel was chosen by my company so I wasn't sure what to expect. I saw on the parking notice when I arrived that it was £5 per night payable at reception, I put a note in my car stating my reservation number just in case. The walk from the lower level car park to the reception desk is up a short flight of stairs, across a courtyard and then up a steep flight of concrete steps ~ armed with laptop bag, handbag and overnight bag, I wished I hadn't started this route. Needless to stay I avoided this route back to the car in the morning and walked around the hotel and down the ramp.

Lovely welcome at reception and given a glass of apple juice on arrival. This was welcome as I'd been driving for a bit. They charged £50 to my visa card but I checked my online statement and they did only charge me £5 for parking.

I decided to stretch my legs and take a walk away from the hotel for dinner, their bar looked busy and I fancied somewhere quiet. Bexleyheath is lovely with a good few chain options to eat in, a cinema and 24 hour supermarket. Very good location. Will stay here again.

I was meeting colleagues for breakfast but didn't want anything to eat. I hadn't pre-booked breakfast but I asked if I could be charged for just a coffee and the hostess told me there would be no charge if that was all I wanted. This is what you call good customer service!

Rooms are a very good size but look a little bit dated, the outside of the building is very modern but they have tried a traditional style of decor in the rooms. The bathroom was lovely, spotless and had toiletries and fresh clean towels.

Checkout was swift and painless. All the staff were polite and courteous.

St Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights with colleagues and the hotel was very good. The room was above average quality if a little tired. The quality of dinner and breakfast was very good. However, the parking arrangements leave a little to be desired. If the hotel is full and you pay for parking, you are not guaranteed a space when you return in the evening. All in all a pleasant stay and the staff in the restaurant at dinner were very attentive

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnDaniell
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

a bit far out from london but this hotel has well appointed spacious rooms with big bathrooms, plenty of parking and good food/drink facilities. given the ridiculous prices for box rooms in central london i am happy to stay this far out and commute. very reasonably priced for a luxury hotel.

Welling, Kent
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I have to put a review on here about terrible service we received, it was so bad we didn't actually book here.

My nan had a special birthday last year and wanted to host a lunch for our family (of 16). As an events planner I had suggested we look at private dining and my nan decided to pop into the Marriott to get some information. Basically she was fobbed off from start to finish.

Initially she was told it would be sent out to her, which it was eventually after she rang several times and about 3 weeks. By this point I was unimpressed but my nan was still keen.

We arranged to go in and see the spaces and discuss further and was met by the head housekeeper. While she was very nice she couldn't give us any specific details, could only show us the spaces, and so it was a massive waste of time.

We visited rowhill grange after this trip and the staff were so fantastic that we booked there and then! We're also still waiting for the events planner to come back and give us the information or see if we wills like to book!

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank hayles_tawny
Bharat M, Manager at Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback which we take very seriously. I would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in the service we pride ourselves on. Please contact me directly so I may personally look after any future bookings you would like to make.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights and didn't have any problems other than the 'free wifi' that is advertised is only in a couple of public areas - the wifi in the bedrooms costs £15 per 24 hours!! you can have 6 devices attached but it seemed rather steep to me. parking is also £5 a day and there is not much of it - if you arrive later in the evening the chances are there won't be any spaces left.
The good news is the room was big and clean and the bathroom was too with pleasant smelling toiletries. The towels and bed linen were good and the bed comfort was acceptable but not amazing. The room was very hot and the AC was noisy.
I used the cramped but acceptable gym and pool. Beware the gym gets full of yawping locals from about 5pm onwards so you might want to go in earlier!
The staff were pleasant and the checkout is easy as they just put our receipt under your door over night so you don't have to go and queue at the desk. (note they do pre-authorise your credit card for £50 per day so make sure you've got plenty of balance if you're staying here a few days!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexleyheath
Premier Inn London Bexleyheath Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Bexley
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford

Been to Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!