“One of the best”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bexleyheath
Barking, United Kingdom
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice clean and comfortable hotel. Room was very plush and bed so comfortable. Just so many pillows. Staff all friendly and curtious parking is a rip off though as it's £12 for 12 hours and £24 for 24 hrs in the Marriot car park. But if you go in to the council car park it's £3:80 for 24 hrs. But in all 10/10 for our experience here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 10 days. When I was thinking I couldn't get someone who really understood me, found this lovely chambermaid, well spoken and smart (CARDIE FROM AFRICA), I was forced to ask for her name. She kept on asking if we were fine, said hello like 5 times as we came to and fro into out rooms ( she probably didn't realise she did said hello or just being so professional which I loved). This kind of hospitality makes you feel like you are not being ignored. She cleaned the room on two occasions and for this we are grateful as it we left it messy. The concierge team were lovely too, always giving us directions. We are back to the states now and really enjoyed our stay. Thanks to those who specially made the stay worthwhile
Toya USA

• Stayed June 2014
Bharat M, Director of Operations at Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and filling in a trip advisor review. I was delighted to see your lovely comments about my team - your hosts. I have shared your feedback with them and they were all really happy.

I did notice that you gave us a 3/5 in your overall experience. If it is not too much trouble may I please request you to give me some feedback and what we should have done differently to earn a higher score?

Please do get in touch with me directly for your feedback or if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Myself and my team look forward to hosting you soon.

Yours Sincerely

Bharat B. Madan
Director of Operations
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
bharat.madan@marriotthotels.com
020 8298 1000
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Clean and tidy, but watch out for the hot water in the bathroom it is lethally hot!

Car parking good but some selfish drivers use up two spaces meaning it can get limited. Excellent room, more than adequate breakfast but not so much chice asthere used to be!

Receptionists friendly but only seemed to understand very simple English. Any unusual requests had to be repeated a few times!

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms have no traffic noise but some guests forget there is no need to shout to each other...
Bexley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

One of the best hotels I've stayed in. Wonderfully spacious and quiet with working air con. Lovely bathroom with plenty of space to put his and hers toiletries next to the basin and in the shower. Will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank indeanna_jane
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel was chosen by my company so I wasn't sure what to expect. I saw on the parking notice when I arrived that it was £5 per night payable at reception, I put a note in my car stating my reservation number just in case. The walk from the lower level car park to the reception desk is up a short flight of stairs, across a courtyard and then up a steep flight of concrete steps ~ armed with laptop bag, handbag and overnight bag, I wished I hadn't started this route. Needless to stay I avoided this route back to the car in the morning and walked around the hotel and down the ramp.

Lovely welcome at reception and given a glass of apple juice on arrival. This was welcome as I'd been driving for a bit. They charged £50 to my visa card but I checked my online statement and they did only charge me £5 for parking.

I decided to stretch my legs and take a walk away from the hotel for dinner, their bar looked busy and I fancied somewhere quiet. Bexleyheath is lovely with a good few chain options to eat in, a cinema and 24 hour supermarket. Very good location. Will stay here again.

I was meeting colleagues for breakfast but didn't want anything to eat. I hadn't pre-booked breakfast but I asked if I could be charged for just a coffee and the hostess told me there would be no charge if that was all I wanted. This is what you call good customer service!

Rooms are a very good size but look a little bit dated, the outside of the building is very modern but they have tried a traditional style of decor in the rooms. The bathroom was lovely, spotless and had toiletries and fresh clean towels.

Checkout was swift and painless. All the staff were polite and courteous.

St Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights with colleagues and the hotel was very good. The room was above average quality if a little tired. The quality of dinner and breakfast was very good. However, the parking arrangements leave a little to be desired. If the hotel is full and you pay for parking, you are not guaranteed a space when you return in the evening. All in all a pleasant stay and the staff in the restaurant at dinner were very attentive

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnDaniell
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

a bit far out from london but this hotel has well appointed spacious rooms with big bathrooms, plenty of parking and good food/drink facilities. given the ridiculous prices for box rooms in central london i am happy to stay this far out and commute. very reasonably priced for a luxury hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexleyheath
Premier Inn London Bexleyheath Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Bexley
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Premier Inn Dartford
Premier Inn Dartford
#1 of 7 in Dartford

Been to Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!