“In the middle of nowhere”

Best Western Hotel L'Oree
Adare, Ireland
“In the middle of nowhere”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Not a bad hotel for this region. Staff were very friendly and we had a warm welcome, with a very fast check-in. Rooms were okay, nothing special. Only one English channel on the TV. Food in the restaurant was of a high standard and a had a good choice in my opinion.

The only problem here is the location. It is really in the middle of nowhere! If you like a rural retreat then it's fine.

Breakfast was a disaster. It's not often that I find almost nothing to eat. At 8:30am there was almost nothing left!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I wrote a mixed review about my stay here in May/June of this year but after staying for 11 nights in October and having a more positive experience, it's only fair I write again.

All of the staff were extremely pleasant this time and I have no issues on that front.

As always the hotel itself is of a high standard, excellent breakfast with friendly, efficient staff and a good selection to choose from.

Rooms are large & comfortable.

Food is very nice in room service & restaurant is of a high standard but personally I would like to see a broader choice or the menu changed more frequently - though others I stayed with had no such issue.

Overall, I would heartily recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed here for six weeks Monday to Friday during April-June.

The grounds of the hotel are lovely and the rooms with the balconies are excellent too.

The choice on the menu in the restaurant is very poor - three starters & three mains - most nights I would order room service instead.

One particular member of staff is incredibly rude - I asked to change a booking at one stage and she refused to make the change, insisting I email the hotel. Another time at the fourth time of asking when I complained that the Sports channels weren't working in my room and couldn't watch the European Championships, I asked this lady to check for me would a game be shown in the hotel bar that evening and she told me "No, I will not check for you. I already told you that you have Eurosport (a channel that did not show the Euro 2012 Soccer tournament) and this is enough for you."

After checking out I emailed them my invoices and my Frequent Flyer number and asked them to credit my account and they refused.

Other than that, the Spa area is nice but doesn't open until around 10.30am in the morning (not much use for a business hotel) and closes at 8.30pm.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, Responsable commercial at Best Western Hotel L'Oree, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear Sir, Thank you for your comments on our hotel following your recent stays with us and especially for the compliments regarding the grounds and the rooms.

We aim to provide a cuisine created exclusively with fresh produce, hence the limited choice, however we do strive to alternate various core ingredients on a daily basis.

We note your remarks on the lack of clarity with regards to the instructions for the television. As we use two separate TV connections, we will improve the instructions by adding this detail.

We confirm with pleasure that your Frequent Flyer points were credited manually at a later date. Usually we record the FF number at check-out, a procedure which was not possible at the time.

Thank you again for your comments which we will use to improve the experience for our guests and we look forward to seeing you again.

Yours sincerely
Mur-de-Barrez, France
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed here just the one night on a long drive North to Amsterdam. We were very, very impressed with the staff and the facilities and the free parking. Our room, whilst an odd shape, was well equipped and the beds were very comfy but no air con which meant open windows. We ate both our evening meal and breakfast in the hotel restaurant and it was really good quality and very pleasantly served. It would have been 5 stars all round but a very late night wedding dance was a little noisy, particularly when the guests were leaving at 03:30!! Even the reception asked if it had been an annoyance and our room was about as far away as it could get, but had to have the windows open. I dread to think how loud it actually was!!!!!! Definitely would use again.

Room Tip: Get one well away from the room for the wedding receptions!! The restaurant menu has the cheaper op...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Max W
, Responsable commercial at Best Western Hotel L'Oree, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Guest,
We are very pleased to hear about your satisfaction regarding your stay at Hotel Best Western L'OREE in Saulx Les Chartreux. It is a pleasure for the team to be so much appreciated, and we hope to welcoming you again in the future. When travelling to Paris, or on the way to the south please do not hesitate to contact us for an overnight stay.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2012

By far the best hotel in the area, awesome restaurant, good fitness room and spa. However due to its popularity it is getting harder and harder to get a room.
Highly recommended

(2) excellent cuisine
(3) great, comfortable and silent rooms
(4) perfect facilities
and......
(5) very efficient and friendly staff !!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Hampshire
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We recently spent a long weekend here when we attended the Vintage Revival Meeting at Montlhery - which is around six miles away. Safe parking - locked gates at night - ideal for old cars. Lovely big rooms with a very comfortable bed and good bathroom - I think most rooms have a balcony overlooking the grounds. Our room had a fridge and a mini-kitchen with a hob and sink. Just a continental breakfast, but a good selection available - perhaps a bit on the expensive side at 12 Euros. The staff were all very friendly and helpful - nothing seemed too much trouble. We drove to Versailles - it took about 30 mins - tip - pre-book on the internet to save queing in really long ques! It is a few minuets from RN20 so makes a good stopover for those travelling on south. The restaurant was good - not an extensive menu, but a Plat de Jour at a reasonable set price available - also open every night, which some hotels do not do. About five to ten minuets drive away is a large Carrefour complex with a Buffalo Grill and other eateries if you don't want to eat in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BDCGertie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saulx-les-Chartreux
Best Western Blanche De Castille Dourdan
First Inn Hotel
First Inn Hotel
#1 of 6 in Les Ulis
Tulip Inn Massy Palaiseau Residence

Been to Best Western Hotel L'Oree? Share your experiences!