“Couldn't be better in Maine.”
Review of Pocomoonshine Lake

More attraction details
Owner description: Maine lake that is undiscovered by most tourists.
Bastrop, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Couldn't be better in Maine.”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

the owner is a hoot, selection of accomodation types (outhouse to indoor plulmbing), fishing, swimming and beautiful scenery. You'll love this place to be in that picture you see or great fishing and other local sights.

Visited July 2012

Albany, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Snake Lake”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was up in Washington County last summer on a fishing vacation. While I was getting a haircut in Calais the woman cutting my hair was asking me about what I was doing up there on vacation. When I told her I had been fishing that morning on Pocomoonshine Lake, she actually paused for a second with a confused look, and then, yes, she actually proclaimed, "OH, Snake Lake!". Apparently that is what the locals call it.

Aren't all of these lakes populated with the same water snakes? Anyway, the fishing was OK. It is shallow and rocky, and there are no buoys, so bring a spare prop.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank BruceBe
Manchester, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Its a great lake if you like snakes.”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have fished this lake a few times myself. Yes I have also come across a few water snakes. It’s a shallow lake and a nice place for snakes to live.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Pat T
Connecticut, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Snake Lake”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

More snakes then any lake i've been on!! I even opened my engine cover and found a snake inside!!!!! YIKES!!!!

Visited June 2011
2 Thank Anthony B
Princeton, ME
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“An awesome little getaway”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed here this year and think I will come back again. These cabins were very secluded and had an awesome lake view. My husband and I were very happy during our stay as the cabin was clean and the appeared to be very relaxing. We'll be back again for sure.

Visited December 2011