Wild Mahseer
US$76
US$64
Mayflower Hotel(Guwahati)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstea plantationrasamspecial mentionmodern amenitiesearly morningbeautiful propertymain buildingwi filunch and dinnervisit this placehot waterarunachal pradeshheritage bungalowsilver tipshour driveold world charmliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Wild Mahaseer represents all that is Northeast India- peace, warmth, culture and lovely people. A visit to wild Mahaseer takes one back to a time when people lived in harmony with nature, celebrating each and every day of the year. The beautifully done rooms are a treat and the food in divine. But most memorable are the people who make you understand the fascinating lives of tea-planter's lives and culture.

Reviewed 21 February 2011

From the moment we came into Wild Mahseer, till the last drive out through its gates, Wild Mahseer has been truly enchanting. Tucked away in a part of the Addabarie Tea Estate, it is a green haven that is charming in every way imaginable. Be it the individually named suites in the four bunglows or the care and attention to detail in decorating each suite differently from the others, lending them a character of their own, to the ever cheerful and always eager to help staff- Wild Mahseer leaves no stones unturned to make your stay there absolutely unforgettable.
My favourite part was waking up in the morning to the sound of the monkeys run across the tin roofs and seeing "Naak- kata", the king of them all, fearlessly stroll down "High Timber Street" which was the name for the main drive-way. The food prepared at every meal was always way above my expectations and finger- licking good!
This is definitely one of those trips that you cant forget in a hurry and I would love to go back with my family and friends. A stay at Wild Mahseer is a must for all nature lovers who would like to get away and live in the lap of luxury in every way imaginable.

Reviewed 15 February 2011

This was one of my most memorable trips. Even though it was a working trip, my colleagues and I had the best time! The perfectly furnished rooms, the grand architecture, the mouth-watering cuisine, gorging till we were ready to burst, the beautiful people who took such good care of us - it was 4 days of sheer heaven. I would recommend you definitely visit this gorgeous organic homestay. It will be a trip of a lifetime!

Reviewed 27 January 2011

Assam Tea Estates was my Home for my parents and siblings for 9 years - 42 years ago. My husband & our children (now adults) wished to see where and what this place that I raved about was. At the time of booking, I was not aware it was possible to go and visit let alone stay, until my son came across the "old assam" website, once I clicked on it, the most amazing part of this beautiful world opened up to us. I was "Home" once again. Not only the place, Wild Mahseer - Balipara Camp was magical, but their crowning glory was our wonderful host, Durga, who looked after every possible want of ours, from a car with driver, to tours to even an elephant ride. Nothing was too much. As for our "hostess with the mostest", Mrs Hazarika (Phunnu) - we all loved her. Again, nothing was too much to ask of her. Our meals were as varied and delicious as any 5 star restaurant, if not better than. We were given the Heritage Bungalow - which was the top one - Fabulous! The staff were wonderful, courteous and friendly, always with a smile and totally in attendance to our every wish. The warm fires that were lit for us, the beautiful music - we could not have hoped for more. My family and I have been left with wanting more, so God Willing, back "home" is where we will go in the not too distant future. Thank you Wild Mahseer

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I seriously had no expectations about staying in Assam and going back to my roots of the area my mother grew up in with my first visit to India
But upon arrival after a 4 and half hour drive from guwhati I was left with nothing but raw emotion and adoration of this place
The history, the hospitality, the organized adventures and tranquility made this a holistic experience to say the least
For me, I went back to the area oft heritage not really knowing much about my history, and have come away with not only wanting to know more but a true sense of belonging, family from everyone at Wild Mahseer and really really want to come back sooner rather than later
I felt like royalty but grounded at the same time ... Unique huh?!?!

• Stayed: January 2011