“Lovely Easter Sunday Lunch”

The Royal Oak Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Royal Oak Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Kelsall
Price range: US$16 - US$47
Cuisines: Grill, Bar, Pizza, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Gastro Pub and Restaurant situated right in the heart of Cheshire just 10 minutes from Chester and close to some of Cheshire's best loved attractions such as Delamere Forest, Chester Zoo, The Blue Planet Aquarium and Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet. Our Head Chef prides himself on using the freshest local ingredients and the front of house staff provides quality and friendly service to create the perfect dining experience. We offer fantastic food, served with fine wines and real local ales. The Royal Oak Hotel and Restaurant is the perfect place for 'destination' dining, relaxed drinking and special occasions. Why not try a fresh Pizza made in an authentic wood burning Pizza oven? We also offer Free WiFi The Royal Oak was originally built in 1822 as an inn and public house. Since then the building has been a station for a railway that never happened, a bowling green and billiards room. There was an extensive redevelopment in 2011 and The Royal Oak was restored to its former glory and became a wonderful dining establishment once again. The team at The Royal Oak are committed to showcasing the produce of Cheshire and the kitchen use the highest quality fresh local produce to create a daily changing menu which consists of hearty British fare. Whether it be braised lamb shank or pan roast bream, you are sure to find something to whet your appetite. The dining room has a relaxed atmosphere, further enhanced by comfortable decor and charming staff who provide exceptional service. If you have one too many tipples to accompany your meal, there are 12 delightful bedrooms where you can rest your head.Experience The Royal Oak and enjoy fabulous food and impeccable hospitality.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Easter Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Visited at the last minute, and had the Easter Menu. Starters - I had Pate and husband had the Fish Cake, very well presented. I then had the roast Beef and my husband had the Ham. Both were very nice with an excellent selection of Veg. We couldn't manage dessert. Service was excellent from two young ladies. Thank you for a lovely meal. We will be returning

Crewe, United Kingdom
“Classy surroundings, delicious food, fabulous menu.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Visited the Royal Oak last night on my partner's recommendation and was not disappointed. The menu was so varied it was difficult to choose but opted for the pork platter, my partner chose the fish pie and my son ordered one of the pizzas,which he spotted on the way in. All three meals could not be faulted, didn't feel rushed at any point just a lovely relaxing evening in classy surroundings.

Northwich, United Kingdom
“Don't try and give constructive criticsm!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Visited here last night and, whilest on the whole our meals were Ok, there were some issues which if addressed could have greatly improved our food.
- Naan Bread with the curry was cold and tasteless
- Pork tenderloin under cooked
- Belly pork rind greasy and uncrisp

We told the pleasant young lady who served us the problems and she related our views to the manager and chef. We were clearly able to see the animated response in the kitchen and we felt so sorry for her as at that point someone senior should have taken over.
The main problem here is clearly the lack of customer care from the management. We assume the guy who needlessly ran round like a headless chicken was the manager and quite honestly his manner made us feel uncomfortable. There are clearly some issues here, I can't quite put my finger on what it is but either the management have a huge chip on their shoulders working in a Cheshire based gastro pub (although I have no idea why they should feel this way) or they need to change the charm school they attended!The bar management seemed to have the same attitude I can't say I've ever been to an establishment with such an odd management team.
Finally the male members of our party said the beer was served at the wrong temperature,too chilled, and a fellow customer asked if he could check the temperature of my glass of white wine as he felt that it was too warm ...all in all a very bizzare experience at The Oak!!

I sincerely hope they take note as with a little effort they could greatly improve the pub/restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Davidjgughes, General Manager at The Royal Oak Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Kath foodie its quite clear you know your stuff when it comes to restaurants and dining out.
and I would like to address your comments about your experience with us at the royal oak.
1. I myself the headless chicken you refer to checked back on your table and everything was fine.
2. half way through your meal you decided the pork was under done, if you do know your stuff then you would know that pork tenderloin should be served slightly pink. the belly pork was served as it should be, but not crisp, as you obviously cook it that way yourself at home.
you complained the naan bread was tasteless, you will have to complain to sharwoods about that one ,as we don't make it in house. you forgot to mention you didn't like the mushy peas.
both the chef and my self agreed the pork dish was as it should be and had no other complaints out of 24 portion served exactly the same way that particular night.
3 .the beer is served at the correct temperature and is monitored regularly
4. My team of staff and I always work very hard to ensure our customers feel very welcome comfortable and enjoy our food and service,
you are entitled to your opinion, and we take your comments on board justified or not, but some customers can be very odd also
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Disappointed on Mothers Day”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Booked for 6 of us including my Mum and daughter as a Mother's Day treat, none of us had ever been here before but the reviews looked good and also they have a pizza oven. When we arrived we were told Mothers Day menu no pizza, I ordered crayfish and prawn cocktail, no crayfish anywhere in sight and the prawn cocktail was 4 leaves with prawns in Marie Rose sauce on a plate with 4 quarters of bread and butter, I was asked if I liked it and although I ate said I was disappointed so they took it off the bill. My main was Salmon about a 3oz portion served on top of overcooked beans and a few saute potatoes, the roast beef looked good but my family said the potatoes weren't cooked properly. I didn't complain about the main as I didn't want to appear as awkward. Overall an average meal overpriced, verdict don't dine out on Mothers Day.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gnt4210
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice Inside”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was told to try the pizza's hear as they were are ment to be really good. So i decided to pay a visit with 2 other friends. Me and my friend Austin went for the pizza's, which we both thought were too salty so spoiled them. My other friend had the lambs liver which he liked.

• Visited March 2014