“A "Must Visit" place”

Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Kelsall
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We're a deli café providing freshly made batches on freshly baked bread with fresh ingredients right in front of you. We offer a range of hot and cold sandwiches and paninis. We also serve freshly made coffee, made by a qualified Barista and produced using freshly ground beans.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you are in the area you must call here. Great food, great people, fantastic atmosphere.
A very warm and friendly place to eat.
Good stop for Cyclists
There is even a great park opposite for the kids to play in too.

coffeeboff, Owner at The Greedy Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

It's lovely to hear such positive reviews and we really appreciate your support. And it's a great stop off for cyclist after climbing those pesky hills :@))

There are newer reviews for The Greedy Pig

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Part of the community. Smashing place to take the kids before and during visit to Kelsall. Really adds a great cafe to the area. Worth supporting!

Thank you for your continued support :@))

Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

Call here regularly on my way to work - which I reckon is the best recommendation you can give! Homemade cakes, salads and sandwich fillings - all excellent quaility with generous portion sizes for the money. Excellent coffee. Combine all that with friendly service and you can see why I keep going back. Well worth taking a detour off the A54 if you're looking for a good butty and a brew as it's the best wee cafe / sandwich shop between Chester and Northwich. Enjoy.

2  Thank NeddyBun
coffeeboff, Owner at The Greedy Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

A perfect customer, long may it continue... Thank you :@))

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Nice sandwiches - only criticism is the rolls could be softer. Lovely cafe but just wish the owner would smile more!

5  Thank CassieJessie
coffeeboff, Owner at The Greedy Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review.
Sorry you find the rolls slightly dry, it has been noted in the passed and I do wrap them as soon as they arrive. They are freshly baked & delivered every morning, sometime they are more cooked than other time and this definitely does effect the lasting effect, but there are very few bakers to chose from in the area, so it is something I am still trying to perfect.
As for the smiling... I do my best most of the time... if I am not smiling I am normally concentrating on something or in deep thought (usually about what I have to do next, as I do everything to keep the business going) .......that's me!!!
Please don't let it put you off keep visiting :@))

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Cycling home in the rain after a wet ride through Delamere Forest, couldn't have had a warmer welcome. Coffee served whilst we shod our wet gear, no problem with sheltering inside and dripping on the floor. Loads of choice for a warm batch and amazing chocolate tiffin refueled us for the rest of the journey. Very reasonable prices, covered by the emergency fund from my saddle bag!

1  Thank RMCChester

Well I am glad I was there for you on such a miserable day!! A refuel stop and you were off! Next time your cycling past the sun might be shining and you can enjoy the view :@)