Wayside Guest Accommodation and Whisky Barn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Old Kings Head(Broughton in Furness)
The Pennington(Ravenglass)
View Hotel
The Askam Hotel(Askam in Furness)
Dunes Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
Gate House(Eskdale)
Chequers Hotel(Dalton-in-Furness)
Abbey House Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
View Hotel
Travelodge Barrow in Furness(Barrow-in-Furness)
View Hotel
All reviewshigh standardlake districtevening mealwestern lakesfantastic stayblack combenear futuretwo nightslittle gemgreat weekendcumbrian heavy horsescooked to perfectionfeel very welcomefantastic placeroom was spotlesslittle touchescan't wait to come back
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed at this superb place just over 2 years ago with my partner and our friends who had been here previously! We were welcomed on arrival by the owners who were very nice and helpful! We went on halloween weekend and were informed of local events around the area which were taking place that weekend!
The food was cooked by the owner himself which was superb might i add! Anyone who likes fillet steak, try it there!!!!!! Well worth £20!! We stayed in the whisky barn at night which had many options but my preference was the various whisky:-)
When i saw wayside on trip advisor and saw the "terrible" review i felt obliged to reassure people this is a fantastic place and location to stay and that bussinesses have rules and regs in place so that they can run a smooth operation and give the service people expect!!

• Stayed: November 2012
wayside059, Owner at Wayside Guest Accommodation and Whisky Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for putting your comments on your stay at Wayside on Trip Advisor and reassuring other potential guests that the bad review was unjustified. It is really nice to know that past customers are still looking on our website and taking an interest in our progress. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us even though it was a couple of years ago and do hope you will visit again in the future. Lynn and Steven

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We traveled from New York and stayed at Wayside for 3 nights in mid-August and THOROUGHLY enjoyed our adventure along the Cambrian coast, thanks to Steven and Lynn. My wife and I stayed with our 11 year old son in the suite upstairs, gazing at the stars through roof window and being absorbed by the comfy fluff beds. Steven was our sherpa for the remote world of Wayside: day hikes in the Lake Region Highlands, searching for shells during low time in the nearby beaches, boating, tree-top zip lines, local castles, mountain lakes. Don't miss the outstanding lamb cuisine from his kitchen out of this world, and extensive offerings of single malt (another area for which Steven will be your sherpa). Wayside is outstanding value, personalized hospitality, dynamic environment, and a restful oasis. Can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: You need a car to get there, plan at least 3 or 4 nights to take advantage of many regional features.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
wayside059, Owner at Wayside Guest Accommodation and Whisky Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Wow Sam, you and your family really packed a lot into your days and sampled quite a few of the outdoor activities available in the area. Steven is very passionate about his whiskies and loves talking to anyone who shows an interest in them. We are glad you enjoyed your food and your stay with us. We love this part of the Lake District and by the sounds of it you did too. We hope to see you again in the future when you come to England again. Thank you for taking the time to put the review on for us.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Fantastic place to stay, you couldnt ask for anything else. Great rooms, breakfast and evening meals fantastic and a bar so you didnt need to go out. Plus they have à place u can book with your dog, we will be booking again soon

• Stayed: August 2013
wayside059, Owner at Wayside Guest Accommodation and Whisky Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Steven and I are so glad you both enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be returning sometime in the future with your dog. Thankyou for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I cannot recommend this place enough. My partner and I (aged 28-32) recently visited Wayside for a short weekend break and fell in love with the surrounding area and the lovely accommodation and hospitality of Lynn and Steve. We enjoyed it so much that I decided to treat my parents for their birthdays (over 60's) for a four night break. Like myself and my partner they loved the place and had a wonderful break.

The accommodation is wonderful, clean and homely. The food in the evenings is also excellent and washed down nicely with a few whiskeys in the evening. There is no need to plan an itinerary before going as Steve can help pin-point areas that will suit your interests.

Thank you to Lynn and Steve for making my family feel welcome. I am sure more family and friends will be paying a visit and we all hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: My parents had the annex and said it was lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria K
wayside059, Owner at Wayside Guest Accommodation and Whisky Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you Victoria for the fantastic review, we loved having your parents stay, what a lovely couple, we even got your Mum to take one of the dogs for a short walk. They mixed in really well and seemed to enjoy themselves. We would love to see them again in the future, they were such good fun. Lynn and Steven

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed in the Annexe at Wayside for four nights while doing some horseriding around Cumbria (the southern end of the Lakes District). My hosts Steven and Lynn were exceptionally welcoming and helpful and made me feel right at home from the start. The Annexe itself is gorgeous, with a super comfy bed, lovely little skylight, and wonderfully deep bath in the ensuited bathroom - the room is also big with a separate access to the main house so is great if you want some space and privacy. The only thing missing was a desk so I could set up and work, as using my laptop on the bed became a bit tiresome (though you can of course use the main house, I prefer solitude and focus while writing and wanted to do this in my room). The food was traditional english fare, but done very well and with incredibly generous portions - in particular I'd highly recommend Steven's fish pie and Lynn's spicy beans as they were absolutely delicious! I also enjoyed winding down in the bar of an evening and chatting with other guests, and especially Steven and Lynn's daughter Kayleigh, who was both friendly and funny. I really hope to come back in the not too distant future and would definitely stay here again (hopefully with my partner next time!) - it was a home away from home, and I really didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: The Annexe was wonderful if you want some privacy as it has a separate entrance, though I expect all the guest rooms are just as lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
wayside059, Owner at Wayside Guest Accommodation and Whisky Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Hi Ella, so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we really enjoyed your company and so did Kayleigh. We could have had a desk put in your room if we had known but never mind you said it did not spoil your stay. We hope to see you again next time you are in the uk, hope you continue to enjoy your horseriding