“Wonderful Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Juan Island
Lonesome Cove Resort
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in San Juan Island
Reviewed 7 June 2008

My husband and I stayed five nights at this resort in May 2008. We stayed in the "Loft" cabin which is separate from the other five cabins and is right on the beach. The deck looks out over the water. We found our "bungalow" to be comfortable, clean with plenty of room. It featured a nice living area, kitchen and bedroom. It was very quiet at this resort due to the more remote location. The property is very pretty and well maintained. We really enjoyed being on the cove with all the wildlife coming by. We saw a number of birds (I'm a birdwatcher), river otters,seals and deer. There was always plenty of wood for our woodstove and we had the basic provisions we needed in the loft. The owner was helpful when we checked in, providing us information on the island, handouts, etc. After our first day though, we did not see him around and he did not check on us. This is not necessarily a negative, just a comment. This was our first visit to the San Juan Islands and I can't say enough how much I enjoyed visiting here. San Juan Island, as well as the other islands we visited are so green, pristine, beautiful and quiet. People are friendly. San Juan Island had enough sights/activities to keep us busy for five days. We also loved our day visit to Lopez Island. To sum up, a great place to vacation and highly recommended. I would like to come back sometime and see the other islands that we missed. What a great vacation!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Reviewed 6 October 2007

My husband and I stayed at Lonesome cove in April, I believe there was only one other cabin being used at the time! but we enjoyed every minute of it! It was great having a bbq, deck to watch the world slowly go by, a full kitchen and that wonderful fireplace! we were happy with the friendly and helpful staff as well. couldn't have asked for anything better.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank moshell
Reviewed 28 June 2005

I love Friday Harbor. It has been me and my husband's third visit, but this one was definitely the most memorable. We had our children with so they could experience it. We went on a remarkable Whale Cruise and the guide led us right to the whales. We saw and followed numerous Orca whales on their pursuit for salmon. After the 4 hour cruise, we drove immediately to Lime Kiln Park in hopes we would see them again. We were in luck. They swam by us and were even more amazing. The cabin we stayed in called Lonesome Cove Resort had incredible views of the ocean and mountains and gave us the option of buying a hand drawn picture of the actual cabin we stayed in Our favorite place to eat was The Hungry Clam, which had hand cut french fries and huge portions! We saw families bike riding, tooling around on rented mopeds and numerous walkers. It was truly an experience that everyone should enjoy!

8  Thank Susan D
#4 of 11 in Friday Harbor
Pebble Cove Farm
Pebble Cove Farm
#2 of 11 in Orcas Island

Been to Lonesome Cove Resort? Share your experiences!