“Fabulous view, Poor Food, Lousy Service”
Review of Esperanza Mansion

and 1 more site!
Esperanza Mansion
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bluff Point
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Fabulous view, Poor Food, Lousy Service”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Although we have stayed at the Hotel this past 4th of July weekend on a trip to see the family in Rochester NY we decided to travel down to Keuka Lake. We stopped at the Manor to have lunch.

My wife and I ordered a pepperoni and Chorizo flat bread. We received an "Esperanza" signature Flat bread with blue cheese Mozzarella, red sauce, chorizo, pepperoni. Being in a hurry to go to another property on the lake (Snug Harbor) for some drinks we accepted the mistake.

Having a reservation for dinner at the The Esperanza we returned later in the day for dinner.

We were served by the same waitress

My order was again not as ordered and my wife's order "SEAFOOD RAVIOLI" described as five cheese,ravioli, petite shrimp, bay scallops, langoustines, brandied lobster cream was the worst slop I have ever seen on a plate.

The waitress said she forgot to garnish the plate and she said that the chef was new to the restaurant

I'll give another shot at me but only for drinks on the terrace...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat796

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We loved our room and the view was great. Loved being able to sit on the balcony. Staff friendly. Disappointed with dinner: we were the first couple there but our food was luke warm, crab legs seemed like they were frozen - they were hard to crack, and risotto was sticky. For a mansion I would have liked to have seen more homemade desserts or breakfast items for a nice touch at $200 a room.

Room Tip: We had the pinot noir which was nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We recently attended a wedding at Esperanza Mansion, overlooking Keuka Lake in the Finger Lake district of upstate New York. it is a magnificent old property that has been carefully renovated and offers the best of old and new. The spaces are gorgeous, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is wonderful.

Room Tip: We were guests at a wedding, but others who stayed at Esperanza overnight were very satisfied.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Mansion room was beautiful and perfectly made up. Grounds were conducive to relaxing. Food - both dinner and continental were very good. I wish I had paid the extra for one of the front rooms that lead to the balcony. The 5 back rooms were noisy from the ventilation system and no view. Will stay here again. Might try the lodge or splurge on a front room.

Room Tip: Chose front 4 rooms on hall to balcony if you can afford it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I came with high hopes after seeing pictures. Rooms were rundown, moldy and carpet damp. Told the front desk and they did not respond at all. The bed linens were worn. Food and service mediocre. Will not return despite the lovely setting.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank InteriorDesignProf
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Last weekend was my sisters wedding. We remember having see the rundown place YEARS before and loved the restoration. While running around helping, I was called to my parents room. My father had forgotten his shirt at home - over 90 minutes away. I quickly went to the front desk to ask where the closest department store and they told me the best. Before I had a chance to leave, a front desk worker arrived at the room with a variety of shirts that had been left behind by guests. We actually found one that fit. Saved us a trio, money and time. Other than that, the food was great, the atmosphere was awesome and the bride was VERY pleased.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Steve B
Manchester, New York
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was in my best friends wedding over this past weekend.... the mansion and surrounding area was stunning but we had a problem with the service. The bride's dad should have been in the bridal suite but we were not told until that day that he would be moved because of plumbing problems. This put a damper on the brides day a little as we had no place in the mansion to get ready- we had to get ready in one of our rooms in the Inn, which is nice but not very big to fit a whole room of bridesmaids. The front desk was very unfriendly about any questions or comments that we all had for them. She had about 150 guests at the wedding and only had 4 servers and 2 bartenders... once the ceremony was over we all went to take photos- no one asked us if we wanted appetizers or drinks, and this happened more than once.
Food was great and the bride was beautiful but they need to work on who they hire!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
#3 of 12 in Canandaigua
Microtel Inn & Suites Penn Yan Finger Lakes Region
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath

Been to Esperanza Mansion? Share your experiences!