Friendly and relaxing. Wonderful staff. Rooms comfortable and spotlessly clean. Food amazing! Enough said!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This attractive 18th-Century former coaching inn in one of the prettiest villages in North Yorkshire offers a warm welcome the minute you arrive. A little loop road just off the A170 Helmsley to Pickering road on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors, Sinnington has everything a classic English village should; a maypole, a village green, a 12th century church and ducks feeding on the beck that gently winds its way through the village. There are pretty riverside and woodland walks nearby.Its cosy bar, open fire and hanging hops deliver a rustic and relaxing atmosphere. There's also a contemporary restaurant that boasts oak tables and attractive lighting - ideal for those looking for that slightly more intimate affair. But wherever you choose to sit, you can be assured of a delicious meal.This is a destination for people who enjoy good food cooked well. The three chefs source many of their ingredients locally, making the most of the area's fine meats and fish and home grown vegetables and herbs. The meat is supplied by BW & DJ Glaves of Brompton by Sawdon, Scarborough and all the fish is delivered daily from the east coast. The inn has an AA rosette awarded for culinary excellence which has been maintained for the past 15 years. Typical dishes such as a twice baked Lincolnshire poacher cheese souffle and a platter of fish cakes, little fish and chips, king scallop, salmon and aspargus salad are popular throughout the year. Other options include a Roast breast and leg of Guinea Fowl, sage crushed potato, asparagus and oyster mushroom cream or confit Duck Leg, chorizo, roast pepper and pea risotto, orange and watercress salad. Chefs specials are also offered for both lunch and dinner. Lighter lunches and an early evening supper menu are also offered daily such as a chargrilled minute steak, fries, pepper sauce and salad or onion rings or roast belly pork and black pudding, chive mash, apple sauce and crackling .All puddings are homemade and if you're struggling to decide what to choose, there is an assiette of puddings that has a little bit of everything - puddings change on a daily basis.Fresh bread is baked every morning and the chefs like to try different ingredients for evening dinners complimentary bread and olive. Flavours have included parmesan and chive or chorizo and sun dried tomato. Sundays bring traditional roasts with a range of different options - including beef, pork and lamb served with a Yorkshire Pudding and also a fish and a vegetarian dish. Accommodation is available all year round, and has been awarded 4 Stars from the English Tourism Council. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Fox & Hounds Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fox & Hounds Country Hotel Sinnington
- Fox And Hounds Country Inn
- Fox & Hounds Country Inn Sinnington, Yorkshire