“Great service, friendly staff, amazing food!!”
Review of Ramada Dover

Ramada Dover
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitfield
“Great service, friendly staff, amazing food!!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I visited here for the Christmas dinner/party in the marquee. Since my arrival, myself and my family were looked after. The function was well organised. The room was decorated beautifully. The staff were friendly when delivering meals and seemed happy to be working there. When it came to dessert, I realised it had oranges in, so I asked for a replacement without oranges and it was bought to me straight away! The waiters and waitresses were fantastic they worked very hard and even had a dance with a few guests when the disco started. The managers were extremely attentive and took drink orders and delivered to the table.

The only thing I can fault is that the plates were boiling hot at the buffet stands, making them hard to hold.

I will be visiting again!

Stayed December 2013
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I am pleased you had an amazing Christmas Party in the Grand Marquee. I will gladly pass on your feedback to my team who I know will appreciate your comments and that they helped to make your evening a success.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back next year!

Neil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sevenoaks
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We wanted a couple of days away from home so booked this hotel.

From check in to check out I can't fault this Ramada.

All staff were friendly and proactive which is a credit to The Ramada Dover.

Our room was warm and seemed to have been newly refurbished, the bathroom had the best possible fittings, the foyer area was welcoming and the food was delicious and good value.

What more can I say? We loved it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for telling me of your stay with us and how much you enjoyed it. I will gladly pass on your comments to the whole team as I know your sentiments will be very much appreciated.

I will look forward to welcoming you back again in the future when I hope you will have an even more memorable stay

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our first room had a strong unpleasant smell and they said they would change rooms for us, we waited a while but it was worth it the second room was much nicer. All public areas comfortable and clean. It is about 10 mins. drive from the ferry terminal.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for giving me your feedback on your last stay with us and I am sorry about the odour in your first room. This has been investigated by the maintenance team and has now been resolved. I am glad the remaineder of you stay was enjoyable and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the not too distant future
Pickering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Checked in for two nights in an Executive Room. The room seemed nice enough but on closer inspection everything was a little tatty. Mildew in the grouting, varnish peeling off bathroom door and chips and scrapes pretty much everywhere. In need of some internal remodelling and a lick of paint to say the least. The food in the restaurant was nice enough but the breakfast was routine and a little overpriced at £10 per person per day. Handy for crossing the channel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your last stay with us. Your feedback and observations are greatly appreciated.
I fully take onboard your comment about being 'A Little Dated' and we have already started working on this by refurbishing the bedrooms during our 'off peak' season and I am expecting this to be completed early in 2014

Once again, I welcome your comments and I hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future

Kindest regardds

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed at the Ramada before our ferry trip to France. It's a few miles from the ferry but really convenient. We arrived late so didn't eat.The lounge area was pleasant and relaxing.The room was very comfortable.The staff very helpful and we would stay again. We also got a really good deal for the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback from your most recent stay with us, your comments and observations are very much appreciated and I will ensure that these are relayed back to the team.
I hope you had a good ferry crossing and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future should you decide to cross the Channel again.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

The staff were fairly rude, miserable and lacked customer service! The waitress in the restaurant almost threw our food at us! The food was appalling, my daughter was served meatballs that were at least a week old, dry and black in colour...inedible, as were my husbands satay chicken! The staff were arguing in front of customers. The room was basic and drunken lads kept us up all night... Overall a tiring stay, thankfully only one night, but that was enough to give me a bad stomach for a week!

Stayed October 2013
7 Thank SA54mart
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your time in giving me your feedback from your recent stay. I had spoken to your husband prior to reading this and I have apologised directly for the shortcomings of the hotel. These situations should not have occurred and as discussed with your husband, corrective actions have been taken to prevent further incidents being repeated.

Once again, thank you for your review

Neil Lomas
London England
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We had stayed at this hotel a few years ago following a family function and had found our stay very pleasant. En route to the Netherlands and following another local function we decided to repeat our experience. This was not the case. Parking was scarce as there was a party going on, check in was easy enough but we had to return to get wi-fi codes etc.,
Our room was well located and to be fair we did not experience any noise from the celebrations. However the wardrobe door hinges were in desperate need of some oil and must have disturbed the people in the adjoining room.
The wi-fi was non existent and when my husband went to reception he was told that nothing could be done - in other words - tough. If you can't provide it don't advertise it!

Breakfast was OK but if you wanted anything other than instant scrambled eggs forget it. The bacon was tough, the beans were overlooked and the self service tea and coffee another minor annoyance. The lack of appropriate cutlery, ie no small teaspoons at the table was also irritating. I like a leisurely breakfast and don't want to complete a sponsored walk before being finally able to sit down to eat.

I would suggest that a certain number of parking spaces be reserved for this guests staying the night, we have an expensive car and I thought at one stage we would have to leave it in the road outside! Again the wi-fi, please if you cannot provide it as I have already said don't advertise. The maintenance of the room should be done on a regular basis as there was no way that the creaking wardrobe door had only just occurred.

Although my complaints are fairly minor when all added together led to a,somewhat frustrating stay. The hotel seems to have become a little neglected. It would also have been nice if he hotel notified its guests that the main road into Dover was completely closed for roadworks, a little local knowledge in these situations would be nice.

Room Tip: Ask to be located away from the functions area.