“Very pleasant stay”
Review of Ramada Dover

Ramada Dover
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitfield
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I found this to be a very comfortable hotel, clean and quiet. The staff were brilliant, very pleasant, polite, helpful, welcoming. I had room service for one or two nights and found the service and the food very good. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to friends.
MY only gripe is that the room safe is located on the floor, and I didn't appreciate having to get on my hands and knees every time I wanted to use it. Also, there is no handle on the door, so it's not very easy to open.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 550HeatherNorman
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to give me your feedback from your recent stay. I will glady pass on your kind sentiments to the team who I know will appreciate your comments and recommendations.

Please feel free to contact us again should you have the need for accommodation in this area again as we would look forward to being of service to you again

Warmest regards

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We read some very bad revues of this hotel before our stay pre Christmas 2013,before going to Germany for our holiday.Our stay was very good,the room was at the side of the hotel with no noise and a very good sleep,very clean and tidy.a good tv etc.
We found the hotels bar and dinning very expensive and spoke to other guests who felt the same,they found a pub nearby with two for £10.The internet was only really available in the reception area,by the time you got back to your room the signal was nothing.

The staff were very helpful and pleasent and the hotel decor pleasing to the eye.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Alan

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback from you recent stay with us and I am pleased we have left you with a positive impression. I have noted your comments regarding the cost of the menu's and with the Chef, I will be looking at these to ascertain if there is any way we can do some 'special menu's' to help with the cost.

With regards to the wifi, we have contacted our contractor (again) to resolve this issue as a matter of urgency.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you had a pleasant journey to Germany and we look forward to perhaps, welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We were on a short coach/cruise trip in Europe, so stayed here the day before departure and the day of return, so two nights in total.
We had booked ourselves into the restaurant and found the food quite expensive with little and odd choice of meals.
I had chosen the lamb cutlets, which I will say were good, but the rest of the 'plate' was totally unacceptable. One large rectangular piece of cooked potato which propped the cutlets up, and three small single florets of the new pointy green cauliflower.
I just stared at the meal when put in front of me - paying £17.50 for this - no way. I asked for more vegetables. Out came a small pot of the same cauliflower, over cooked, swishing in water and tasteless. The waitress appeared very embarrassed.
My friend had a totally stoggie risotto with a whole breast of chicken on top. Very odd, why wasn't cut up and within the rice mixture. She left most of the meal.
On the next table to us the couple appeared to be eating a totally different meal to what was on the menu. (three course). I enquired through the waitress about this and she told us it was their special three course menu at a reasonable price and even cheaper if you book in advance.

On finishing our meal I went to reception and complained about the food we had had. It was total non-concern. I said we were returning on the Monday and would like to pre-book the three course meal and that I would pay now. She went to charge the higher price so I said it was cheaper if pre-booked - it was like getting through glue to make this arrangement.
The second point I wish to raise - DO NOT leave a 'tip' through your credit/debit card - as the waitress told me - They do not get these tips as they go towards.....breakages... disgraceful I call it, just another way of management making money. So always give a CASH tip directly to the staff you want to thank for service especially as they are on basic minimum wage and rely on tips..
In the morning at breakfast the morning chef cooks eggs for you at the serving counter - but he disappeared into the kitchen - there was no bacon or sausage ready, others were waiting for eggs to be cooked - but it seemed this chef had to do everything in kitchen and out front - very poor customer service.
Talking to others on our trip, they had experienced poor food too for their expensive evening meal, so it not just us, I felt relieved.
I think the management need to first look at their menu and secondly at the chef if our meal was anything to go by.
The room was lovely, clean, good towels on both evening stays, but there is more to staying at hotels than the physical room. It was all too sterile and functional.

Room Tip: check out meal options before hand.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from you recent stay and I a truly disappointed that not everything was as it should have been.
I have spoken to the Head Chef about your comments and he too wishes to be associated with my apology. He will be looking into the standards as a matter of urgency and will be amke the required changes to ensure your experience is an isolated incident.

Once again, thank you for your comments as these are very much appreciated and enable us to make improvements when our stadards fall below what is expected.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your cruise!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Although a fair distance from us this is the third time we have seen in the new year at this hotel. Hotel is very good, staff, food and facilities excellent would thoroughly recommend. However this year the New Year's Party was not up to standard. We ate in the Marquee which was very crowded with a small dance floor not big enough to accommodate all those wishing to dance. In the past we have been given a menu to make our choices from, this year, we had the waiters and waitresses bringing round various dishes (there was a choice of 3 for each course), with no alternative choice for dietary preferances. By the time we all received our meal those who picked the first offerings were eating cold food.New Year did not get counted down, we were invited to join in with Auld Lang Syne before 12.00 a real anti climax none of us was sure when 12.00 struck. Group entertaining throughout the evening had a fantastic selection of music, but unfortunately were not brilliant performers, in fact the female singer could not be heard at all from where we were sitting.

Room Tip: We have stayed here on several occasions and have not been given a bad room yet!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and I am grateful for the nature of your comments. I believe I have already spoken with your husband regarding these comments and we have come to an arrangement, whereupon you will be able to see an improvement for this years event.

I appreciate your time in giving me your feedback and I hope you will see a big difference should you take me up on the offer given and I look forward to welcoming you back this December

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised by the Ramada near Dover (about 2 miles out of town). It is a one-storey building that is somewhat reminiscent of an English cottage. There are roses in the garden at the front of the building, and the rooms are very clean and pleasant. We had afternoon tea in the bar, and were served fresh, warm scones that were the best I've ever had! The hotel is located a short walk from a bus stop, and we took the bus to Canterbury (a 20 minute ride) for a visit to that fabulous, medieval town. If you need a place to stay before boarding your cruise ship or the ferry, I highly recommend the Ramada.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NancyJBrown

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay with us, please be assured, I will pass your kind comments onto the team who I know will appreciate your gesture.

I truly hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion

Warmest regards

General manager

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked this hotel as a last minute deal and got a family room for 39 GBP. The room was nice, not too big, but with 2 really nice big beds! The bathroom was clean and had a shower over a tub. It was totally acceptable for 1 night, only about 5 minutes to drive to the Ferry port. We didn't have breakfast as we had to leave very early.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank erdbeerchen73

Dear Guest

We appreciate yourt time in giving us your feedback following your stay with us and I am glad you had an pleasant experience with us.

I hope your onward journey was trouble free and we look forward to welcoming you back should you be visiting these shores again.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were a party of 8 who stayed overnight for New Years Eve. We had a great time and the food was extremely good, particularly for the number of people they catered for. The rooms are looking a little tired now and ours sadly (228) smelt extremely musty. We did report this and were told housekeeping would look into it. I understand the rooms will undergo a refurbishment later this year. There was a good variety of food at breakfast but chaotic. I think it would be a good idea to set up tables for lead parties to ensure there are enough seats/tables available and two stations for tea/coffee/juice away from the main breakfast area to avoid customers all queuing in the same place. The staff all worked incredibly hard. The reception area has lovely seating and a fire with Costa Coffee and the hotel is located very close to Dover port and castle as well as Debradlei Wharf which us worth a visit. I feel my review is worthy of a good but had to give it average as the next option was very good.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us for New Years Eve and I will gladly pass onto the Chef & his team your complements on the food at the Gala Dinner. I take on board your comments regarding breakfast and this is something we have now implemented for when we have large groups/parties staying with us.
With regards to your feedback on the rooms, you are correct as we have started to refurbish all of the rooms, and once this is completed, the issues you encountered will be resolved, however, I do appreciate your constructive comments.

I hope the rest of the New Year was also a success and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Kindest regards & Happy New Year

Neil

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitfield
Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
#9 of 10 in Folkestone
The White Cliffs Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe

Been to Ramada Dover? Share your experiences!