“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Dover

Ramada Dover
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Herts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed here for one night and it was a perfect pit-stop....stayed in a large room with all facilities provided (tea/coffee/hairdryer, etc). It was clean and spacious. Friendly staff, large reception area, plenty of parking.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I found this to be a very comfortable hotel, clean and quiet. The staff were brilliant, very pleasant, polite, helpful, welcoming. I had room service for one or two nights and found the service and the food very good. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to friends.
MY only gripe is that the room safe is located on the floor, and I didn't appreciate having to get on my hands and knees every time I wanted to use it. Also, there is no handle on the door, so it's not very easy to open.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 550HeatherNorman
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to give me your feedback from your recent stay. I will glady pass on your kind sentiments to the team who I know will appreciate your comments and recommendations.

Please feel free to contact us again should you have the need for accommodation in this area again as we would look forward to being of service to you again

Warmest regards
Beverley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We read some very bad revues of this hotel before our stay pre Christmas 2013,before going to Germany for our holiday.Our stay was very good,the room was at the side of the hotel with no noise and a very good sleep,very clean and tidy.a good tv etc.
We found the hotels bar and dinning very expensive and spoke to other guests who felt the same,they found a pub nearby with two for £10.The internet was only really available in the reception area,by the time you got back to your room the signal was nothing.

The staff were very helpful and pleasent and the hotel decor pleasing to the eye.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Alan

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback from you recent stay with us and I am pleased we have left you with a positive impression. I have noted your comments regarding the cost of the menu's and with the Chef, I will be looking at these to ascertain if there is any way we can do some 'special menu's' to help with the cost.

With regards to the wifi, we have contacted our contractor (again) to resolve this issue as a matter of urgency.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you had a pleasant journey to Germany and we look forward to perhaps, welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Kindest regards

Dorchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We were on a short coach/cruise trip in Europe, so stayed here the day before departure and the day of return, so two nights in total.
We had booked ourselves into the restaurant and found the food quite expensive with little and odd choice of meals.
I had chosen the lamb cutlets, which I will say were good, but the rest of the 'plate' was totally unacceptable. One large rectangular piece of cooked potato which propped the cutlets up, and three small single florets of the new pointy green cauliflower.
I just stared at the meal when put in front of me - paying £17.50 for this - no way. I asked for more vegetables. Out came a small pot of the same cauliflower, over cooked, swishing in water and tasteless. The waitress appeared very embarrassed.
My friend had a totally stoggie risotto with a whole breast of chicken on top. Very odd, why wasn't cut up and within the rice mixture. She left most of the meal.
On the next table to us the couple appeared to be eating a totally different meal to what was on the menu. (three course). I enquired through the waitress about this and she told us it was their special three course menu at a reasonable price and even cheaper if you book in advance.

On finishing our meal I went to reception and complained about the food we had had. It was total non-concern. I said we were returning on the Monday and would like to pre-book the three course meal and that I would pay now. She went to charge the higher price so I said it was cheaper if pre-booked - it was like getting through glue to make this arrangement.
The second point I wish to raise - DO NOT leave a 'tip' through your credit/debit card - as the waitress told me - They do not get these tips as they go towards.....breakages... disgraceful I call it, just another way of management making money. So always give a CASH tip directly to the staff you want to thank for service especially as they are on basic minimum wage and rely on tips..
In the morning at breakfast the morning chef cooks eggs for you at the serving counter - but he disappeared into the kitchen - there was no bacon or sausage ready, others were waiting for eggs to be cooked - but it seemed this chef had to do everything in kitchen and out front - very poor customer service.
Talking to others on our trip, they had experienced poor food too for their expensive evening meal, so it not just us, I felt relieved.
I think the management need to first look at their menu and secondly at the chef if our meal was anything to go by.
The room was lovely, clean, good towels on both evening stays, but there is more to staying at hotels than the physical room. It was all too sterile and functional.

Room Tip: check out meal options before hand.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from you recent stay and I a truly disappointed that not everything was as it should have been.
I have spoken to the Head Chef about your comments and he too wishes to be associated with my apology. He will be looking into the standards as a matter of urgency and will be amke the required changes to ensure your experience is an isolated incident.

Once again, thank you for your comments as these are very much appreciated and enable us to make improvements when our stadards fall below what is expected.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your cruise!

Kindest regards

Neil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitfield
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
#7 of 9 in Dover
The White Cliffs Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe

Been to Ramada Dover? Share your experiences!