“Health and saftey not good be careful ”
Review of Ramada Dover

Ramada Dover
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitfield
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I report on my first night the light socket was dangerous and again on the 1st morning prior to breakfast. I was promised it to be sorted at 8am. When i checked out still very dangerous. Stayed 2 nights.

Room appart from that clean confortable and great sleep quality. If you would have sorted the light socket i woold have gave you a 5. See you again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for takling the time to give me your feedback following your recent stay. The issue you encountered was not acceptable and is below the standards that we set ourselves and I am sorry that it wasn't resolved in a timely manner. This has now been rectified and we have also tightened up our reporting procedure to make sure further delays are negated in the future

Once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention and I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was recommended to me, I have since asked my friend not to recommend to any one else. The room was good value for money, as was the breakfast. The mini gym has one partly working piece of equipment. The restaurant is not worthy of that title. Over an hour for my evening meal when only 5 people present should mean high end quality, definitely not the case here. The food quality and staffing is terrible. However the breakfast staff and food are a credit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank mackers63
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Ray
Further to our telephone conversation, can I once again apologise for the lack of service you recvieved, this is not acceptable and I will be tasking the relevant managers to improve this as a matter of urgency.

I fully take onboard your comments both in the above review and from my call.

As discussed, please feel free to contact me again when your back down here in the next couple of weeks as it would be a pleasure to make your aquaintance in person

Once again, thank you for your consturctive feedback and I look forward to meeting you again shortly

Neil

Reviewed 5 March 2014

On our last stay we had excellent service, excellent food and excellent stay, but oh dear! this time was a bit of a let down! We had booked to have dinner and breakfast there and wished we hadn't!
We were told by the reception manager we were to have our dinner in the foyer because they had a return to school disco that evening, we were rather put out at this suggestion! We really did not want to sit in the foyer and eat with all and sundry coming in through the entrance!!
The wonderful (dark haired waitress) came to take our order and we questioned where we were sitting, she said we could sit in the dining room and wondered why we were in the foyer?
We ordered our meal, (last time it was buffet service) starters of Brie and caramalised onion tart, the inside was not cooked properly (for which we really paid for later!!) the pastry was hard.
Then came the stew and dumplings, the stew was so salty! the dumplin was rock hard, the waitress chaned it for me but the next one was as bad!!
Then came the Apple pie, pastry was hard and bland and the apples were like those you get in a jar exceptionaly sweet!! We don't normally make an issue about the food wherever we go but this was dire!! I was very dissapointed as this was meant to be a special weekend for my husbands birthday.
The only saving grace was the wonderful waitress and the cleanliness of the room!! Such a shame as I have already booked this hotel in advance for may when we have our cousins re union am beginning to wish I hadn't, unless it picks up at our next visit we shall not be frequenting this hotel again!! and that goes for my 10 cousins too!!!
Also our room was close to reception and the Disco went on till past 2am!!
Breakfast is VERY expensive for what is offered!!
I am hoping this was a blip on their part, but feel the money we paid we could have got better elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from reception as they hold lots of functions and the music goes on till 2am in...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Janet
Further to our convrsation following your review, can I once again offer my most humble apology's for the problems you encountered on your last visit. As you know from previous stays, this is not our normal standard and I am sorry that we let you and your husband down on this occasion.
I have spoken to the chef regarding the menu and we are now going to change this so as too not have a repeat in the future.
As we discussed, I have made a note of the 'cousins' arriving in May and have highlighted this on your reservations and I will ensure that everything will be back to what in should be on your next visit.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and time on the phone and we look forward to greeting you again in May

Neil

Reviewed 3 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was just a quick overnight stay while waiting for an early Dover ferry.
Reception was excellent, the young lady was polite and well presented.
No time to eat so cannot comment on the food.
The room was clean and tidy, no complaints.
We will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Paul
Thank you for giving me your feedback from your recent stay and for the fabulous comments contained therein. I will personally ensure that all of the team are aware of your review and I know they will join me in thanking you and will be pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Please feel free to let me know should you be looking to stay in this area again as it would be good to be able to thank you in person.

Once again, thank yopu for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed the night before getting an early ferry, and booked because of the price (£29) The hotel staff were really nice, restaurant food was great and freshly prepared and the bedroom comfy. It could do with a lick of paint, looks a bit tired, but everywhere was clean and tidy. I'd definitely go again - it's a steal at that price!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jilly

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and for the wonderful comments you left. I am really pleased that the team looked after you and I will ensure they are made aware of your positive feedback.

I note you have said you will stay again, if that is the case, please feel free to contact me directly so that I can make the reservation for you and ensure that everything is as good as your previous stay

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed overnight before crossing the channel. Travel agent had booked the wrong day. Staff were extremely helpful and sorted it out without a drama. Rooms very clean and comfortable, food good and not too pricey, breakfast was excellent. Highly recommended as stop off before or after a channel crossing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitfield
Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
The White Cliffs Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe
2 mi away
Premier Inn Dover East Hotel

Been to Ramada Dover? Share your experiences!