“Competitive alternative to budget hotels”
Review of Ramada Dover

Ramada Dover
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitfield
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I booked an overnight stay at Ramada Dover as it was cheaper than the better Premier Inns in the area. Nothing much to complain about, though a couple of sandwiches ordered at the bar took more than half an hour to arrive. The bar area is pleasant enough - we didn't use the restaurant for either breakfast or dinner. Free wifi was welcome, though strangely the signal is not as good in the hotel's public areas as in the rooms.

Rooms are fine, though a little updating wouldn't go amiss. Well located for the ferry port (about 5 mins) and plenty of free parking. A good choice if you can get a good price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 17 March 2014

we stayed here on a return trip to France, It was a really foggy night so thankful not to far from docks. First impressions wasn't that good but nice customer service. room was comfortable but hairs in the bath before using it was off putting, also only 1 of the 3 sockets would work so not good when you have 3 phones to charge. also they didn't tell you that you have to put your key card in the box by the light socket to get power for lights ect.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback from your stay and I am sorry that not everything was as perfect as it should have been. We have reviewed your comments and put into action higher levels of cleaning practises with more attention to the finer details so as to negate any repitition of the faults that you found.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, your input is very much appreciated and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant futre
Neil

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We have just returned from a weekend at the Ramada, Dover where we were attending a friends wedding. We could not fault the wedding and the services they provided for the bride and groom and had a very enjoyable time. However, as hotel guests the level of service offered was far from acceptable. There was not enough toilet roll in the rooms, and when we eventually tracked someone down at reception to ask for some, they were unable to provide any and suggested we went to the nearby spa to purchase our own. The bar was supposed to be open 24hrs to residents, but the barman was anxious to be away home at midnight and would not serve any of our party spirits, only bottled beers and lagers, and even then he was wanting us out of the bar as quick as possible. I would not recommend this hotel if you are looking to go for a get away, you would be better served at a premier inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ClaireH1984
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Claire

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your feedback following your attendance at your friends wedding, I am pleased that you enjoyed the day with the happy couple but the remainder of your comments were unacceptable and please accept my sincere apologys for these shortcomings. I have asked the departmental heads to action these issues as a matter of urgency and to ensure that they will not be repeated in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I am truly sorry for the issues you encountered as these are not our normal standard and I am truly embarrassed by your comments and I will ensure that they will not be repeated.

Kindest reagrds

Neil Lomas

Reviewed 12 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I report on my first night the light socket was dangerous and again on the 1st morning prior to breakfast. I was promised it to be sorted at 8am. When i checked out still very dangerous. Stayed 2 nights.

Room appart from that clean confortable and great sleep quality. If you would have sorted the light socket i woold have gave you a 5. See you again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for takling the time to give me your feedback following your recent stay. The issue you encountered was not acceptable and is below the standards that we set ourselves and I am sorry that it wasn't resolved in a timely manner. This has now been rectified and we have also tightened up our reporting procedure to make sure further delays are negated in the future

Once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention and I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Neil Lomas

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was recommended to me, I have since asked my friend not to recommend to any one else. The room was good value for money, as was the breakfast. The mini gym has one partly working piece of equipment. The restaurant is not worthy of that title. Over an hour for my evening meal when only 5 people present should mean high end quality, definitely not the case here. The food quality and staffing is terrible. However the breakfast staff and food are a credit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank mackers63
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Ray
Further to our telephone conversation, can I once again apologise for the lack of service you recvieved, this is not acceptable and I will be tasking the relevant managers to improve this as a matter of urgency.

I fully take onboard your comments both in the above review and from my call.

As discussed, please feel free to contact me again when your back down here in the next couple of weeks as it would be a pleasure to make your aquaintance in person

Once again, thank you for your consturctive feedback and I look forward to meeting you again shortly

Neil

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitfield
Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
#9 of 10 in Folkestone
The White Cliffs Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe

Been to Ramada Dover? Share your experiences!