“Manager kept his word”
Review of Ramada Dover

Ramada Dover
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitfield
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had booked this hotel in March of this year as is close to 3 castles and it was a birthday treat for my husband, my review of the hotel then was terrible, due to food, desk managers attitude, and lack of sleep due to being too close to reception and a party that happened to be going on then. I wrote a review as felt this visit was such a major contast to my last visit in May last year for our cousins re union which was absolutely wonderful.
From my review in March I had a personal phone call from the Manager of the hotel, apologising and he said he would definately take my complaint on board.
He was true to his word, hence the reason for me reviewing our stay yet again this May for our cousins re union, he has now changed the menu ( a great improvement) and new staff were present at the desk which was wonderful, they were very friendly and informative, all the cousins were yet again impressed with the service and comfort of this hotel and we are planning to go again next year! I would just like to say a big thankyou to the Manager for the special treatment given to me (as promised) and a big thankyou and well done to ALL the staff. This hotel may need a makeover as some reviews have said, but it is clean and comfortable to the point of being cosy!! very central for visits to castles and Dover ferry crossing.
Food was wonderful we were allowed to order from the bar menu which was varied and very impressive.
If anything could be changed it would be to remove Costa Coffee and have a cheaper coffee shop? WELL DONE, see you again next year!!!

Room Tip: Unless you are guests to a wedding or function being held at the hotel, ask for a room further away...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We only stayed for one night on a bed and breakfast basis which was reasonable priced in comparison with similar hotels. The room was a fair size and comfortable and the breakfast very good. We would recommend it to friends and family for a short stay.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank cockfosters-couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel is definitely not a 4 star but is nice enough, short drive to the ferry (7min drive). Reception staff were pleasant and as we were travelling with friends they gave us adjoining rooms which was good to have. It was clean with good sized room/beds and bathroom with all the amenities. They kindly let us order food after 10pm at night but we wish we hadnt as the food bar the risotto was terrible. The nachos were the worst I have ever seen, we sent them back and they returned looking just about the same. The rooms are good value for money and overall a 3/5 for a quick weekend away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Ramada is on the A2 on top of the white cliffs..... a two minute ride to the ferry port, friendly staff, decent room, bed and shower.
We had a very good rump steak (with all the trimmings) in the bar and a comfortable nights rest.
Couldn't vouch for the breakfast as we had to leave at 06:30 for the ferry and breakfast started at 06:30.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2014

From the reviews we were expecting a hidden gem. While there is nothing overtly wrong with the hotel it is a bit tired, the staff are a bit jaded and the location is a bit out of the way.This would be a great place to stay overnight whilst en route somewhere else, but as a venue for a romantic weekend I think we should have gone to Walmer or Deal

Room Tip: The rooms on the far side (ie not the carpark side) of the hotel (odd numbers) are much larger
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank perryburns
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here for one night prior to catching ferry from Dover. Found hotel very easily and the room was basic but clean and comfortable. Had a drink in the bar that was expensive but no more so than I would expect. When it comes to food, there is the hotel restaurant or bar and worth knowing there is also a McDonald's about 200 yards away. Not exactly haute cuisine I know but a fraction of the cost of eating in the hotel and I suspect for many this will be a one night cheap and cheerful stop over.

In summary, I wouldn't go out of my way to come here but if we travel from Dover again I would definitely consider it.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mjspin
Reviewed 29 May 2014

On arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome, & was shown to our rooms. We arrived quite late in the evening, & we were quite peckish, but after contacting room service was told that food wasn't available even though there was a menu in the room. However, breakfast was lovely. fresh coffee plentiful.
The hotel had a good atmosphere. And the staff were nice.
I would stay again.

*NOTE TO THE CLEANERS>> A lint remover on the beds would be good to rid the hair of the previous stayer. (& that's being polite)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Baz C
Khaneshkan S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing Ramada Hotel Dover for your most recent visit to Dover.

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay.

I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us in general. In regards to room service mentioning that food was not available as this is not correct. Last orders for dinner in the restaurant is at 9:30pm, however you can still order hot food from the bar until 10:00pm. After this time, we are able to offer cold food such as sandwiches which are available 24 hours. However, I am pleased to know that you will use Ramada Hotel Dover in your future visits to Dover.

Please be advised that your comments have been passed to the team at the hotel to ensure we are always improving our product and service standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

Khanesh
Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitfield
Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
The White Cliffs Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe
Premier Inn Dover (A20) Hotel

Been to Ramada Dover? Share your experiences!