“Wonderful”
Review of Hospedaje Soma

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moyogalpa
Hospedaje Soma
Ranked #1 of 21 Moyogalpa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed here in a cabin with another couple on the advise of friends who had been here 6 months earlier. And they were right on. Our cabin was large and clean. We did have a double bed and 2 singles but that was not a problem. It was reasonable and breakfast was included. We had dinner there one night after having been on scooters all day and our meal was terrific. It is a bit of a hike to downtown but very doable. Our host Javier was a gem, including hurrying to the dock as we were leaving to say good-bye as he was not around when we left his place. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We originally planned to stay 2 nights here but extended for an additional night to give ourselves time to chill out, take a break from site-seeing and to enjoy the lovely grounds. We stayed in one of the cabana and when we walked in we felt like we had arrived in heaven. It was beautiful, cool, clean and spacious, especially compared to the other small rooms we had been crammed into for our first week in Nica. We enjoyed swinging and napping in the hammocks and hanging out on the patio of our very own secluded patio. Javier was an excellent manager and truly made us feel at home. He was great fun to talk to and we thoroughly enjoyed watching his puppy play with resident dog. When we told Javier we wanted to rent scooters he arranged everything for us and they were delivered to Soma instead of us having to walk into town to get them. The breakfasts were filling and tasty too. An all around great find!

Room Tip: We stayed 2 nights in the cabana and then had to move into the hotel type rooms. Even it was very r...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I am fortunate that my last 2 days in Nicaragua were spent here. I found this place on Tripadvisor and the reviews are very accurate. I stayed in the dorm which was very spacious and clean. No complaints.

I walked here from the ferry based on the clear map I found on their website. I arrived very early (8:30 am) and Javier was very welcoming and even offered me a complimentary coffee. I wanted to hike up to the tree line of Concepcion that day since I has very little time to spend in Ometepe, and Javier found me an excellent tour guide within 20 minutes (the guide wasn't answering his phone so Javier hopped on his motorcycle and went to his house to get him for me!). After the hike, I booked a massage and it was great! Plus $15 for an hour massage made it even better.

Javier spends his time talking to the guests and really making an effort to get to know them. He helped me plan out my second day and was not pushy about anything. I would definitely come back here if I ever return to Ometepe, and I would recommend this place to anyone thinking of coming to Ometepe!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in the dormitory. We had it all to ourselves, but even if it was full it wouldn't be crowded. Nice and spacious and it has it's own bathroom and shower. The beds were comfy and massive lockers too. All of the cabins looked great as well and at very reasonable prices. The staff were very helpful with tours and they have a large fridge stocked with beers. Breakfast is great (included in the price) and they serve reasonably priced meals at night. The only major draw back (and the reason I haven't given it 5 stars) is that there isn't a communal kitchen. This isn't such an issue if you have a decent budget, but when it's tight having a place to cook is a must.

We'd highly recommend the volcano hike as well which can be booked through the hostel. Be warned though - it's a tough hike with a scramble at the top. If you have the time Isla Ometepe is definitely worth a look and we'd highly recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Found Hospedaje Soma in Trip Advisor and stayed two nights. There were six of us and everyone loved the place. The rooms are ample, clean, very comfortable and a great value. The manager Javier and his assistant Johan are very friendly, helpful, and will go out if their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Six of us stayed in a dorm room in July and all really enjoyed our stay here. The place was lovely and peaceful and everyone was friendly. Breakfast was lovely,we were sorry we didn't eat dinner here too as it looked great and there weren't many nice restaurants in town. We went hiking with Johan and this was one of the highlights of our time in Central America. Johan was an excellent guide and was very knowledgeable about the area. I would really recommend this place and would stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I only had one night here, but could easily have stayed for longer. Johan and Javier are so friendly and will help with anything you need. The room was very spacious, and there was a table and chairs so you could sit outside the room. We loved the quietness of the place. The communal area is great - had a good breakfast and it was ideal for chatting to other travellers.
It is a safe and quick walk to town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moyogalpa
10 mi away
#1 of 1 in Playa Santo Domingo
12 mi away
La Omaja Hotel and Restaurant
La Via Verde - Organic Farm and B&B
La Via Verde - Organic Farm and ...
#4 of 52 in Isla de Ometepe
Finca San Juan de la Isla
Finca San Juan de la Isla
#1 of 8 in Altagracia
Hostel Casa Moreno
Hostel Casa Moreno
#2 of 21 in Moyogalpa

Been to Hospedaje Soma? Share your experiences!