Hotelito Y Restaurante Aly
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Playa Santa Martha(Isla de Ometepe)
Hotel Central(Altagracia)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Villa Paraiso(Isla de Ometepe)
View Hotel
Mango Rosa Nicaragua(Playa Marsella)
View Hotel
Hotel & Resort Palermo(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Empalme a Las Playas(Playa Marsella)
HulaKai Hotel(Playa Maderas)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We had so little time for Ometepe, that we simply decided to spend the night in Moyogalpa.
Hotelito Aly was the first we visited and we decided not to search further, as it looked fine enough and the price was quite good - we paid 7 US/person for a four-bed room with shared bathroom (our room was on the ground floor, all the rooms downstairs looked fine, really clean, comfortable mattresses...).
They have a restaurant and the food is really tasty - try the Nicaraguan breakfast or the fresh fish! - but the best thing was the little tour we took, with the owner of the hotel as our guide. He took us to Charco Verde reserve and offered us precious explanations about the animals and the vegetation on the island, the local myths and legends, the volcanoes, the annual marathon, as well as his family story. I think these are the stories that really help you, as a foreigner, better understand the place you visit.
They can also arrange for bike or scooter rentals - bikes cost 6 US / day, scooters cost 25 US / day.
Breakfast is 70-90 cordobas and you'll pay 10 cordobas for a coffee.

All in all, a good option to stay in Moyogalpa.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We went to the Isla de Ometepe and decided to stay here after our reservation at another hotel was given to someone else. We payed $10 per person which isn't much. They took a while with the drinks but they were pretty good, better than other hotels. The bed was pretty uncomfortable but we were so tired from sightseeing that it really didn't matter. I liked it overall, the employees were nice and you get what you pay for so don't expect this to be the Waldorf. I'll go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2011

i travel a lot around the world for business and i am used to all kinds of hotels. however, hotelito aly is one of the worst places i have ever been to. the rooms are too small and dirty - especially the bathrooms. The whole building looks used up but at the same time like it has never been really finished. The staff is not blessed with friendliness and doesn't really care about your needs. i was really disappointed with this stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank almi_guerrero
Reviewed 26 April 2011

The food was absolutely disgusting. The rooms are $10 dollars a night if you like staying in a chicken coop

Room Tip: Anywhere is better
Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank RaymondH1
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Me and my partner stayed here last November. The place is nice downstairs, hammocks, a little restaurant. Basic rooms, but a good price. We were put in one of the rooms upstairs, which was unfinished- made of carton board- floors and ceiling, but clean so fine.

Had a couple of meals here and we found the food good value, tasty and the man (the older guy) very friendly and nice... until something went wrong.

After our first night's sleep, my husband and I woke up to go on a tour we booked the day before, of the island. I heard an almighty crash from the adjoining bathroom and opened the door to find my husband shocked and shaking- he had gently lain one hand on the sink as he was brushing his teeth and the whole thing had come crashing down around him, smashing into pieces and narrowly missing his foot. We were both really shocked that the sink had obviously not been cemented in and was loose like that. If it had smashed and hit his foot, our trip would have been over.

We told the owner and he didn't even apologise. In fact, he asked us to pay for the sink!! We tried to explain that we had paid for a room and in exchange should have been given somewhere safe to stay. It was not our fault that the sink in the room was unfinished. No one told us to be careful in there. The man disappeared and the cleaners were sent up to clean the pieces away. Then the man's son came up, barged into our room and started shouting at us and threatening us saying we had to pay. My husband sent me to go and get help from an english speaking tour guide, someone we had met the day before, who worked opposite the hostel. I went to get him and the son tried to block me leaving. I left anyway and the son and his mother said they were going to call the police. I said I would like the police to come, as I was genuinely afraid the son was going to hurt me and my husband.

The tour guide agreed to help us and came back with me to the hostel immediately. The police had arrived already- there were four of them standing around and talking to the owners and my husband. The police didn't ask us any questions at all and were generally completely unhelpful. My husband even showed the police and the owner a sink in a room next door to ours and the sink, again, wobbled like crazy as it also was not fixed in. Finally, our tour guide said the easiest thing was for us to pay something so we could get on with our trip. So we paid them for our night's accommodation (as we'd always agreed to do, in spite of the accident), and another $20 US for the sink. The guide told us to look everyone in the eye and say thank you and leave.

We paid, smiled, thanked everyone and left. I was pretty shaken by the whole experience and my husband was livid that we'd had to pay.

The tour guide told us that they don't deal with Hotel Aly because they know lots of people who have had various problems with the management. I even heard someone say the police get called there a lot and that their son has a reputation of being aggressive,

Obviously, we would not recommend this hostel. It's cheap- if you stay there and nothing bad happens, you'll be fine. But if something goes wrong, you're in trouble.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple