“The best place in town, and only steps from the ferry.”
Review of The Landing Hotel

The Landing Hotel
“The best place in town, and only steps from the ferry.”
Reviewed 10 February 2011

I make it a policy always to walk past the first places I see. Well, I had to walk all the way back to this one. I poked my head in, and have yet to emerge. Great place, great people, great food, great service, great rooms. I'll use it as my base of Ometepe travels, and have the ease of walking a block downhill to depart. Many & various people here, from grungy backpackers to more refined folks staying in the lovely private rooms. I've strung a hammock in the 3rd floor, and feel like I'm the king of the world.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Eastern Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2011

Look for the sign just off the boat.
Great cozy rooftop patio with hammocks and cable tv.
Beautiful restaurant with great food.
Looks expensive but it's not.
Disco next door but closed at 10pm
Newly renovated totally

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2011

After deciding to visit the island we hadn't really planned on a place to stay. As we walked up the street, with our bags, we were greeted by someone advertising the hotel. Usually we just ignore these people but while passing the building it looked really nice. Traveling on a budget, nearing the end of our few month trip, places like this are usually skipped. The sign out front made me hesitate. It had everything we wanted and for a good price. So we figured "why not get these heavybags off and give it a look. The room was a standard double. The perks were the tv candles if power goes out.. And amazingly good water pressure! The extremely friendly and helpful staff gave us a discount for staying more than one night, and were very informative and friendly. Glad we decided to have a look. Well worth the stay.

• Stayed January 2011
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Staff was warm and friendly and had great advice on where to go / what to see / what to be wary of. Felt more like staying with a doting relative than in a hotel and you can't beat the price for this area. Will definitely stay here again if I ever get the chance to go back!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 November 2010

What an amazing place! I came to Ometepe for three days on my way through Nicaragua and after checking out several other hotels, I decided to stay at The Landing Hotel. Boy did I luck out! The staff was incredibly friendly and so accommodating. John, the owner, was very nice and you could tell just by talking to him that he wanted you to have the best stay possible. I chose to sleep in one of their two large dorm rooms with two other guys, Australians I think. They have several private rooms and hammocks on the second floor. The best part about the hotel has to be the view from the third floor. On a clear day you can see all of Volcan Concepcion and the dock in Moyogalpa. I sincerely wish I could have stayed longer, but if I ever come back, I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank philo13181
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moyogalpa
Hotel Villa Paraiso
#4 of 20 in Moyogalpa
Finca San Juan de la Isla
Finca San Juan de la Isla
#1 of 7 in Altagracia

Been to The Landing Hotel? Share your experiences!