“Amazing food”
Review of The Cornerhouse

The Cornerhouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moyogalpa
The Cornerhouse
Ranked #2 of 19 Moyogalpa B&B and Inns
Leon, Nicaragua
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Best food in Ometepe if you are looking for some gourmet food. Obviously it's not typical Nicaraguan dishes but it was amazing to have some good that tasted incredible and reminded us of home! Loved the 2 eggs breakfast with poached eggs which we haven't had since being away! Also fab coffee! You really have to try this place if you are on Ometepe! Oh and the steak and chip salad! Yum!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pols_07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
NYC
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

My eggs Benedict with basil and sundried tomato was the best thing I ate in ometepe. My Only regret is that I had it on the way to my ferry and didn't find it earlier so I could go back and try the rest of their menu.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank ross w
London
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely room, particularly compared with some of the doubles we saw in hostels here.

Comfy beds, decent shower and breakfast included in the price.

Convenient location on the Main Street but can be a bit noisy. We were exhausted so out like a light so didn't matter. Earplugs are provided in case you want them.

Nice little pack provided with ideas of things to do in the area.

Would recommend and would stay again when in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ImAlwaysOnHoliday
Barnstaple, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

When we arrived this was one of the first places we saw. It looked the in place to be. We had a look at the room and decided to stay here. There are only four rooms above the restaurant which serves breakfast all day but closes at five.This is run by an English man called Gary and his Canadian wife.
The room includes breakfast but it seemed most people ate there. It included fab coffee. Smoothies, fruit, yogurts, granola but to mention a few with a signature dish eggs Benedict. I had this on my last day and it was amazing.
It also had some local products for sale and jams, honey and turmeric.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane L
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and i were passing thru Moyogalpa. We had some time to grab breakfast before our boat was leaving for San Jorge, and thought The Cornerhouse looked good. I ordered the 3 egg omelet and my wife had the hummus sandwich. It was supprisingly good and a perfect start to our day.

Luckely i should say, the wind and weather made it impossible to cross for San Jorge until later that day, so we decided to head back to The Cornerhouse. This time we had a coffee and the carrot cake - and we have to agree - its the best carrot cake we have ever tasted. We are both foodies and have traveled all over the world. Since we hadn't planned on staying in Moyogalpa, we didn't do any research here. So this time i flipped open my phone and read some reviews from The Cornerhouse - so now as we speak, we most definitely have to try that oatmeal coco cookie that everyone is raving about.

So that beeing said - if you are in Moyogalpa or just passing thru - please stop by the The Cornershop for a bite to eat.

K

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Kimorerod
Dallas
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I absolutely loved this place. Although it is in town, it is not too loud. Rooms are clean and staff is wonderful. Food is excellent. Be sure to get the Eggs Benedict for breakfast. HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarahknour
thecornerhouse_nica, Owner at The Cornerhouse, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review - it's encouraging to hear your positive feedback! We would be happy to welcome you back to The Cornerhouse if you find yourself back on Ometepe. Thanks again and all the best to you!
Miami and other places
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I haven't stayed here but the adorable Sydney showed me the nice little clean and well appointed rooms. They were nothing special but fine, as were the shared bathrooms. It is, after all, a B&B.

What I can say is that the breakfast dishes were magnificent. I tried mine and my GF's, both were excellent. Mine was their version of eggs Benedict. It was grilled tomatoes instead of Canadian bacon (or whatever), the hollandaise sauce was excellent and flowing (I asked for more).

Sydney's service was excellent and very pleasant. This is a very nice little inexpensive restaurant in a lovely place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. Sidney will appreciate your recognition of her hard work and passion for giving customers an excellent experience - we'll make sure she sees your review!
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your Eggs Benedict (the tomatoes are amazingly good but the homemade lemon hollandaise sauce is the key ingredient!) and that you had a chance to peek at our guestrooms. Just to clarify for future guests, our B&B offers 4 lovely guestrooms, each with its own private bathroom.
Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming to back on your next trip to Ometepe!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moyogalpa
Hotel Villa Paraiso
Hotel Villa Paraiso
#1 of 4 in Isla de Ometepe
La Via Verde - Organic Farm and B&B
La Via Verde - Organic Farm and ...
#5 of 50 in Isla de Ometepe
#1 of 7 in Santa Cruz
Casa Mauro
Casa Mauro
#2 of 20 in Moyogalpa

Been to The Cornerhouse? Share your experiences!