“Great value, but forget about sleep” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cornerhouse

The Cornerhouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moyogalpa
The Cornerhouse
Ranked #2 of 11 Moyogalpa B&B and Inns
Brisbane
“Great value, but forget about sleep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Genuinely helpful and friendly owners, low price, reasonably comfortable room, good internet, convenient location for the port and wonderful breakfast make this a good choice for Ometepe.

However the rooms are on a busy street that leads to the port. The owners offer ear plugs (a bowl of them in each room), but even with these it was too noisy for me (after 10 beers!).

I had an incident that ruined my stay and highlighted a real concern. I was woken by the owner at 6am. My room was completely flooded, ankle deep water. All my clothes and bags were drenched, books were ruined. Fortunately my electronic gear and camera were on a table. A pipe burst. Ankle deep, I realised wading through the water that live electrical cords and switches were submerged!

A burst piple was not the owner's fault. They were apologetic and offered top dry my stuff, but not to compensate me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
thecornerhouse_nica, Owner at The Cornerhouse, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
We sincerely apologize again for the very unfortunate and unexpected pipe burst during your stay – that is the first, and hopefully last, time that has occurred here. We are also unsure how and why you were charged for your stay as it was quickly agreed between us owners that you would not pay anything due to the disturbance. Whether it was a miscommunication with our staff or otherwise, we apologize and would like to offer you a refund – please contact us through our website.
As you mentioned, our B&B is conveniently located near the port in Moyogalpa on the main street. We understand that every traveler has different criteria they are looking for in accommodation - One of the reasons we do not accept reservations is that we like people to see where we are located and if we’re the right fit for their needs before choosing where to stay. For the guests that stay with us, most find the earplugs we provide to be sufficient in blocking out any unwelcome noise on busier evenings.
Thanks for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon. - Laura + Gary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Leon, Nicaragua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Best food in Ometepe if you are looking for some gourmet food. Obviously it's not typical Nicaraguan dishes but it was amazing to have some good that tasted incredible and reminded us of home! Loved the 2 eggs breakfast with poached eggs which we haven't had since being away! Also fab coffee! You really have to try this place if you are on Ometepe! Oh and the steak and chip salad! Yum!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pols_07
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

My eggs Benedict with basil and sundried tomato was the best thing I ate in ometepe. My Only regret is that I had it on the way to my ferry and didn't find it earlier so I could go back and try the rest of their menu.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank ross w
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely room, particularly compared with some of the doubles we saw in hostels here.

Comfy beds, decent shower and breakfast included in the price.

Convenient location on the Main Street but can be a bit noisy. We were exhausted so out like a light so didn't matter. Earplugs are provided in case you want them.

Nice little pack provided with ideas of things to do in the area.

Would recommend and would stay again when in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ImAlwaysOnHoliday
Barnstaple, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

When we arrived this was one of the first places we saw. It looked the in place to be. We had a look at the room and decided to stay here. There are only four rooms above the restaurant which serves breakfast all day but closes at five.This is run by an English man called Gary and his Canadian wife.
The room includes breakfast but it seemed most people ate there. It included fab coffee. Smoothies, fruit, yogurts, granola but to mention a few with a signature dish eggs Benedict. I had this on my last day and it was amazing.
It also had some local products for sale and jams, honey and turmeric.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane L
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and i were passing thru Moyogalpa. We had some time to grab breakfast before our boat was leaving for San Jorge, and thought The Cornerhouse looked good. I ordered the 3 egg omelet and my wife had the hummus sandwich. It was supprisingly good and a perfect start to our day.

Luckely i should say, the wind and weather made it impossible to cross for San Jorge until later that day, so we decided to head back to The Cornerhouse. This time we had a coffee and the carrot cake - and we have to agree - its the best carrot cake we have ever tasted. We are both foodies and have traveled all over the world. Since we hadn't planned on staying in Moyogalpa, we didn't do any research here. So this time i flipped open my phone and read some reviews from The Cornerhouse - so now as we speak, we most definitely have to try that oatmeal coco cookie that everyone is raving about.

So that beeing said - if you are in Moyogalpa or just passing thru - please stop by the The Cornershop for a bite to eat.

K

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Kimorerod
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I absolutely loved this place. Although it is in town, it is not too loud. Rooms are clean and staff is wonderful. Food is excellent. Be sure to get the Eggs Benedict for breakfast. HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarahknour
thecornerhouse_nica, Owner at The Cornerhouse, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review - it's encouraging to hear your positive feedback! We would be happy to welcome you back to The Cornerhouse if you find yourself back on Ometepe. Thanks again and all the best to you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moyogalpa
Hotel Casa Moreno
#1 of 5 in Balgue
Hostel Ibesa
Hostel Ibesa
#4 of 14 in Moyogalpa

Been to The Cornerhouse? Share your experiences!