I definitely felt away from it all at Finca Dan Juan de la Isla. You can definitely get a sense of what the place used to be like, but it has been perfectly modernized. It has all of the character of an old plantation, but with new, gorgeous furnishings. There are so many places to spread out: hammocks, rocking chairs, swings, the beach, the common room.....My bedroom was simple but with a strong fan and air-conditioning which was VERY much needed. With AC on full blast and the room totally darkened, it took about 3 hours to feel "cool." But that's not a reflection on the hotel - it's just Nicaragua at 100 degrees! Staff was very sweet, but knowing Spanish is almost a must. The only irritating thing were the gnats. That's nothing the Finca could have helped - they are just everywhere outside, until the sun goes down. Try to snag a hammock that is positioned near a good cross-breeze. No bugs in the room, though, so that was excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Juan de la Isla offers a beautiful scenery situated on the island of Ometepe. In this shelter visitors can enjoy the serenity, comfort, outdoor activities and adventure sports that Ometepe has to offer.In this place guests can relax in an atmosphere of peace and tranquility of the old hacienda, which dates back to the late nineteenth century and is now converted into a comfortable lodge with an enchanting rural country life and the beauty of the Cocibolca coast. San Juan de la Isla offers a variety of rooms and lodging options, as can be seen below. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Finca San Juan de la Isla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca San Juan De La Isla Hotel Altagracia
- Finca San Juan De La Isla Isla De Ometepe, Nicaragua - Altagracia