See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 April 2017

As we arrive to Altagracia and did not have a hotel, we visited two different possibilities but this hotel offered us the most convenient price with A/C accommodation and quite. I do recommend this hotel for those who are looking for hotel with nice garden and natural felling!

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: "Book for the bungalows on the backyard"
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tours-atitlan
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

I was desperate to change out of my hospedaje and this hotel offered me a real good price for a single room with attached bathroom and breakfast.
The hotel is very quiet and spacious, rooms were equipped with fan and tv. The individual verandas of the cabin-like rooms all had their own hammock.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

It was dark and we randomly got off the bus and found this place. There were 4 of us and we stayed in a room with 3 beds. They gave us an extra fan and towel. They gave us a lot of directions for the buses, where things were, etc. Very helpful. Breakfast was decent and inexpensive. I recommend. They even let me friend keep his bags in another room free of charge as he was hiking up one of the volcanoes.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2016

The staff here are like untrained sheep. Absolutely pathetic, like hiring a blind man to fly a plane. Stayed here 4 night and the main guy in the bar takes a minimum of 50 minutes to do the most basic tasks. He will also stand and fiddle with POINTLESS paperwork when he has 4 customers eager to buy a cold beer or water. He should be fired on the spot, he makes the whole place have a bad vibe. He often forgets orders and keeps forgetting to deliver laundry or whatever it is you asked him.

The food here should be avoided at all costs. Possibly the worst sandwich I have eaten in my life, with what felt like 20 kilos of mayo on the top AND hidden under the eggs. The eggs were overcooked and the ham was worse than spam. My pasta dish was enormously average and the less said about the slimy, greasy omelette for breakfast with limp french fries, the better.

The room was ok, for the price. That was the only positive. The french canadian owner lady was nice enough but you get the feeling she should be kicking back somewhere in a couch.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2015

Ones choices of lodging are limited in Altagracia. This hotel is right on a main street corner and easy to find. Very little english is spoken by the staff. Wifi seemed to be good. They do rent bicycles but they are not in very good shape. A couple staying in the little cabin next to mine said the owner had directed them to place about a block away that had better bicycles to rent. Unfortunately he had not been out there when I rented on of the hotel bikes. The 4 dollars I paid for a half day rental was about all the bike was worth. I guess one can hike the volcano from this area but I am not sure how you would find a guide. It seemed to me that about the only reason to stay in Altagracia would be to avoid the more tourist ridden parts of Ometepe Island and see local Nicaraguans living normal lives. There were only 4 foreign tourists the two nights I was there. The food in the restaurant was good and the beer was cold. When checking out they tried to tell me that the credit card machine was not working but it worked just fine after I refused to pay cash!

Room Tip: The little cabins in the back are nice and they were quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo